UPS / damaged goods, unprofessional service, unpaid claims

1 Fort Wayne, IN, United States Review updated:

So I payed $120 to have my computer shipped to me via UPS. This includes the insurance I paid. My computer won't start up. I think the power supply was busted in the shipment. Bottom line, I paid for insurance. I filed a claim through the UPS website, and according to their procedure, they are supposed to call to schedule an inspection. INSPECTION. So, they've stopped at the shipping address twice, unannounced, and have requested to take the package. You think I'm a ###ing idiot and going to let some douchebag delivery boy TAKE my ###ing computer? Who the ### do these people think they are? And then, when I tried to call the local office, I said that I needed help...and the lady was all nice and was like OK...and when I started to explain that I had filed a claim...She was all like, "WHAT? I'M SORRY. YOU'RE ALL MUFFLED!" ###! PLEASE! So yeah. I'm thinking of threatening a lawsuit, simply because there's no other way to get through to these ###tards. I'm going to attempt to call the office again tomorrow, and if I don't get through with the office, I'll take it corporate, as high as I can go, until they do something, or I do something.

### UPS in the dirty ### that it is.

Dy

Comments

• Pa
      21st of Aug, 2009

umm... in order for it to be examined. They have to take it to their inspection station. USPS does the same thing.

22nd of Aug, 2009

cleaning up your language wouldnt hurt

• Wg
      22nd of Feb, 2011

I also am considering taking UPS to court. I bought a subwoofer from a friend and paid for shipping AND insurance. When the item arrived it was damaged...more like destroyed. The delivery person even noted that the item was damaged in transit. UPS' website shows, "Damaged in Transit" as well. They picked up the item to inspect it, refused the claim, and then shipped it back to the person from whom I bought it!
    I finally got the sub back, opened the box and found that they had not even inspected it. The sub was still wrapped/taped just as it was when they picked it up to "inspect" it. I am takeing them to small claims court...and will NEVER use UPS again.
    If anyone has had any luck collecting claims from UPS please let me know how to do it. Thanks

• Ly
      29th of Apr, 2011

i took UPS to court on 27 april 2011. I had mailed a computer with associated CDs for microsoft Office and NOrton. The package did not reach it's destination. After filing a claim with them for the insured package, they continuous asked for model#, serial#, bank receipt, etc. Though I gave them the model # and serial #, on several occasions, the case dragged on from August to December 2010. Finally, I filed in court. The Judge basically said she insured the package UPS should pay her. On top of that she supplied you with the required information. But the owner of the UPS at S tonecrest Mall indicated that her company that processes the paperwork required certain information. The judge disagreed and Noel had to pay. I did not get paid for the software, because I inadvertently did not add that to the insurance form. However, recommend you take your case to court. If you do not win you will only be out of the court costs. In any case, let UPS know that they cannot just take your merchandise paid with your hard earned. Recommend in the future you go to the US Postal Service, as I plan to do.

• Ly
      29th of Apr, 2011

JUdge was fair, UPS insists on info that should not be required if you insure a package. I only insured contents for actual amounts. If I were a dishonest person, I would have insured package for more This is the first time and last time I have used UPS, how would I know that the package would be lost