UPS / drivers are too lazy to get out of their trucks

1 LakeviewChicago, IL, United States Review updated:

Every time I have a package delivered by ups, they post "the receiver was unavailable to sign on the 1st delivery attempt. A 2nd delivery attempt will be made" in the tracking information of their website... Every single time!!! I work at home and they never even get out of their truck to ring my apartment ever!!! I have to call ups directly in order to get the package delivered, otherwise, the driver will continue to make no attempt to deliver and the package gets returned. Sometimes calling doesn't even work. One time I had to have a package rerouted because I could not be home on the final delivery attempt to sign and the driver left the package outside in a snow storm and did not ring the bell at that apartment either (In the middle of chicago)!!!

I detest ups... Detest ups... Detest ups!!! I feel like I have to work for ups to get what I order! Why don't vendors stop using ups!!! They are way more expensive than usps and they don't do what they are hired to do!!!

Comments

• Co
      30th of Sep, 2008

I have to say that I agree fully with this. I had taken a 10 minute nap in my living room before and in that 10 minutes they had come to drop off my repaired Xbox 360, but since they didn't bother to make an attempt to knock on the door (which would have caused my dog to bark and I surely would have woke up) they left a notice saying I wasn't home.
    Now I'm dealing with them again, I have $550 in computer hardware that has been in Des Moines Iowa for 2 days now. It hasn't been scanned or anything. I'm starting to think maybe one of the employees took the parts seeing as how my computer case has been scanned and is now on it's way to Chicago. Either way, I am going to ship with Fed Ex from now on I think. Unless USPS is an option for shipping. I am disgusted with UPS.