UPS Canada / real jerks who don't know the left from right

1 Olds, Alberta, Canada
Phone: 4403 55 Ave

About 2 weeks ago I ordered a World War 2 helmet from a company I deal with in the states for antiques. I had no problems before with this company and shipping was no problem. Well, just last week when the package came to Winnipeg I got a call from UPS saying that customs wanted to know who my broker was? Dughhh UPS, there has been no problem like this before, then they wanted to know if this WW2 helmet, (which is a replica) was for my personnel use?over and over again, and they would not release the shipment unless I pay the customs fee up front. Normally what would happen is that I pay when I get a bill in the mail from UPS. Well they raised a stink over this helmet which has no insignia on it. It is a replica of a 70 year old product. I collect WW2 uniforms books, movies etc and no problems. UPS called me up again and said they copied down my payment number, humm after all this time my payment is on file they now say they mess it up? The law in Canada says I can collect this stuff so long as it is not use in any hate related things in public. Well, after this charade of back and forth I went to the media who intern told me that they called Canada customs and they said that they cleared it and that it was UPS fault. UPS says it is customs fault, and that it was selected for being checked. If that is the case then doesn't Canada Customs know the law in Canada? That it should have been waved off. I am sure they get WW2 stuff going back and forth between the border and this stuff is not at all hate or related to some radical group. Yea, like I am going to parade with this helmet on I be the laughing stock of Alberta. Never use UPS again they seem to be incompetent people. I always get some person who can't be barley understood over the phone when complaining. I finally got the package delivered to me. Below is a scan example of how the harassment I had to put up with.

Canada has no legislation specifically restricting the ownership, display, purchase, import or export of Nazi flags. However sections 318-320 of the Criminal Code, [8] adopted by Canada's parliament in 1970 and based in large part on the 1965 Cohen Committee recommendations, [9] provide law enforcement agencies with broad scope to intervene if such flags are used to communicate hatred in a public place (particularly sections 319(1), 319(2), and 319(7).[9]

Also, after being on the phone to UPS I got in my email I need power of attorney to release the helmet. I called back UPS and they say it is Canada Customs doing this. Funny I had stuff checked by customs many times and the tape on the box to reseal the package says "Cleared by Customs" and delayed and it was waved on through. Normally my stuff goes through Winnipeg, MB and then it goes to Calgary, AB and up to Olds, AB. This time I got a notice from Fredericton, NB that says I needed power attorney. I called up UPS and they said I needed to give them permission to release the package and power of attorney is just a consent form. Really, because according to the legal terminology of Power of Attorney it means somebody else to handle some else's affairs if they are incompetent or sick to do so.

Delivered To:

Import Scan
04/05/2013 2:52 P.M.

Fredericton, NB, CA
04/05/2013 4:38 P.M.
Power of attorney documentation is missing and is required for clearance

Now this is a normal procedure same company I deal with WW2 stuff:

04/02/2013 3:00 P.M.
Fargo, ND, US
04/02/2013 10:30 A.M.

04/02/2013 9:36 A.M.
Package data processed by brokerage Waiting for clearance / Receiver's customs broker has been assigned The shipment is now released to move in transit
04/02/2013 9:31 A.M.
Package data processed by brokerage Waiting for clearance

Fargo, ND, US