Unlimited Vacation Club / membership

1 Williston, ND, United States Review updated:

Do NOT become a member of the Unlimited Vacation Club. It is a SCAM. My husband and I stayed at a resort in February of last year and were asked a number of times to attend a 90 minute breakfast presentation. On a day where the weather was poor and had no other plans we attended. The breakfast consists of a screener getting to know you, your family, vacation habits, and financial status. This information is then relayed to the actual sales people. You then go to a hall area where other vacationers are listening to their own sales pitch. This will vary based on the information you provided during breakfast. For us, since we are younger, we were sold a 45 year membership. We were asked if we own a vacation home and were told that many of the members use their membership for months on end so there is no need for a vacation home. That it is less expensive, no up keep on a house, and all of the cooking and cleaning are done for you. Sounds good, right? We were then told that if we stayed at a lower end resort like Now each night would be 30/person and that we could invite as many friends and family and they would receive the same rate. If we decided to stay at Breathless it would be 40/night/person and Zoetry would be 100/night/ person. They went on to say that there are specials and those prices could even be lower. The only catch is that you must pay a 145 annual fee that we were told was for staff cost. Seems reasonable, so after much consideration we decided to purchase. After we purchased I requested to sign in to see these amazing deals for myself. I was told that we will get our membership and log in information in the mail in 30 days. Long after the 5 day free look period. This made me uncomfortable so I told our sales person that we were having second thoughts. He kindly let us look at the website on his computer, but what we didn't know at the time was he was not showing us a resort cost but the cost of a property outside of the Unlimited Vacation Club. I decided a month ago that I would use our membership for the first time and went online to book. I was shocked to say the least when I found out the cost of even the low end resorts were more than 300/day/person. When I received the first estimate the price was readjusted down 1 dollar which I didn't understand. I contacted the customer service number to see what was going on. I was told the membership that I paid 35, 0000 on guarantees me the best rate. If I find another "reputable" company with a better rate I will receive a 25 percent discount off my stay. So to clarify, I would need to book 145 vacations in one year to make up for the cost of the annual fee, not including the 35, 000 for the membership. When I told this to the rep she said "you need to spend more to save more". Do NOT consider purchasing a membership with this company. Better yet don't waste your time on your paid vacation listening to all their lies as I did.

St
Jan 12, 2018

Comments

• Wa
      7th of Aug, 2018

I used to work for the Unlimited Vacation Club and quit because I was expected to lie. It is a complete scam and you will lose all your money. Get out as soon as you can and there is nothing they can do about it. You will ALWAYS pay more than the general public when you book online. They do not have discounts.

Also, Unlimited Vacations Club is an illegal operation. They do not own any resorts. it is merely an expensive travel club. If you have any legal issues, you must go to the DR or Panama.

I am a former timeshare sales and marketing executive, and I am sharing with consumers what I had learned while working in the industry.

I have written a report that will explain why buying a timeshare from a resort is the "worst" thing you can do for your family.

If you want a copy of this free report, just email me at my personal email.

W.C. Robinson