University of Phoenix / sign you up, then leave you hanging!!
I have attended UOP for about a year and a half with fairly good results as far as professors are concerned. However, dealing with my financial/academic advisors has been a pain staking process. They do not return calls, respond to emails, nor do they have the knowledge about procedures that they should have. Any time I had to change my schedule they would completely screw everything up!
I had problems in my last course due to an illness, which I brought to my professors attention as soon as it started to become a problem, she directed me to my academic advisor and suggested that I request an "I" which means that I would be granted additional time to complete my course.
When discussing this possibility with my advisor, he had never heard of it and stated that the only thing I could do would be to drop out of the course. (What a bunch of bull) It clearly states in the hand book that this is a viable solution. Anyway, I continued to try and complete my assignments as best as possible until my final.
I emailed my teacher that Sunday (Day seven, last day of the course) and explained that I was very ill and that I could not complete my final by midnight. I was then admitted in the hospital and was not released for several days. Upon my release I called my professor to explain my situation and she told me that her hands were tied; I should once again contact my advisor.
I followed her instructions and once again I'm not getting any help. However they did make it clear that they do not excuse finals for ANY REASON! My only alternative would be to retake the course, at my expense!! I have submitted my medical documents to prove my case but evidently that’s not good enough.
I'm sorry, but I have never heard of a school not allowing students to make up finals based on documented medical reasons!! I would have passed this course in spite of my illness causing a few late assignments had it not been for the final. Moreover, I have never received below a "B" in any of my other 16 courses. Although I have received 42 credits and I'm so close to getting my associates degree, I want nothing more than to transfer to a more respectable university.
If you do decide to apply at this university make sure that you are not late on your assignments (for any reason), don't make any changes to your schedule and don't expect to have any issues you might have to be resolved in a timely fashion. As for me, I might have to complete my Associates with UOP but I will not continue my education with them. Oh, and by the way, UOP is very over priced; especially for the service you receive. After researching other universities I could have gotten the same degree for 3/4 of the price.
More University of Phoenix Complaints & Reviews
- University of Phoenix - misleading students when enrolling and financial aid disbursements 
- University Of Phoenix / Axia College / Apollo Group - class action law suit: misuse of title iv funds and accounting practices: unethical business practices : scam and fraud 
- University Of Phoenix Financialaid Processing Department - failure to release financial aid information 
- University Of Phoenix Axia Online - rip off 
- University of Phoenix - not returning financial aid dispersed to them 
- University of Phoenix [UOPX] - loans
- University of Phoenix [UOPX] - new financial aid policy
- University of Phoenix - financial aid scam
- University of Phoenix [UOPX] - excess student refund loan never
- University of Phoenix [UOPX] - student loans