University of Phoenix / fraud and cheating
I just recently discovered this site, and I too would like to share my story concerning the University of Phoenix. I am a single mom that has two teenagers and a grand baby at home. We live off of social security that I receive for my girls from their father's death. I have always wanted to go back to school and get a degree so I could better provide for my family. After extensive research I choose to attend University of Phoenix through their online education program. Within a week of speaking with an admissions advisor my classes began. After completing my first two classes and getting prepared for the next two I received a letter stating that I owed them $1400.
I had completed every financial aid form and faxed to them everything that they had asked for. I was qualified for complete financial aid due to my low income status. I immediately called them to try and get the issue resolved, but as you have probably already guessed, I got absolutely no where. They had told me that my aid information had not been forwarded to the proper agencies, therefore my aid was denied.
This was of no fault of my own. The responsibility was with the financial aid department at the school, and there was nothing that I could do about it. I now have this reflected on my credit report. I don't want anything from them except for them to remove this from my credit report. It was there fault and in no way should I be held responsible for someone else's mistakes. Someone should have been fired for this. It has hard to tell how many other people they have screwed over like this.
If someone would like to involve me in a lawsuit against them, I would be an eager and willing participant!
More University of Phoenix Complaints & Reviews
- University of Phoenix - misleading students when enrolling and financial aid disbursements 
- University Of Phoenix / Axia College / Apollo Group - class action law suit: misuse of title iv funds and accounting practices: unethical business practices : scam and fraud 
- University Of Phoenix Financialaid Processing Department - failure to release financial aid information 
- University Of Phoenix Axia Online - rip off 
- University of Phoenix - not returning financial aid dispersed to them 
- University of Phoenix - financial aid scam
- University of Phoenix [UOPX] - excess student refund loan never
- University of Phoenix [UOPX] - student loans
- University of Phoenix - corrupt, scam, criminal (crap) "school"
- University of Phoenix - advisors: enrollment/ re-entry