University of Phoenix / tuition

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

I have been sent to collects for 300.00. I had received financial aid from UOP. I had phenomia for over two months this past summer. It was so bad that the docter told me that if I did not rest she was going o put me in the hospital. I told Tammy my academic advisor(dumber then a bag of rocks) I cancelled my classes. Then I got a phone call saying that if i did not go back to school I would forfit my financial aid and there would be issues so I told Tammy that I ould try but I cant promise anything. I was still very sick and exhaused. I was so bad that doing laundry put me in bed for hours. Anyway when class started I just could not do it. I called and told rachel my financial aid advisor that I was just to sick. I then get a three hundred and something bill in the mail. I had financial aid to cover this. I was told that it was left over from financial aid and that it was fees of some sort. Please explain to me any normal college would just take that money from financial aid and the student would pay for it when school loans become due. This school is trying to double dip and take more money. I refuse to pay for something that I had financial aid for. And now I have people from collections calling me at 9 pm.

Comments

• Ms
      1st of Jul, 2012

University of Phoenix owes me a refund, they have told me for seperate date as to when I will get my money, then they told me my account had to be recalculated, now as of today I have been charge for two classes new while I am currently in my fifth week of two other classes. they are lying to me to keep my money to pay for the other classes to prevent giving me my money. I am going to let my attorney handle this because last year they did me the same way.