United Parcel Service / scam artists

1 CO, United States Review updated:

I ordered a package from Newport News on 6/24/08. Newport News said the package was shipped on 6/26/08 with a 5-7 day ETA. Should have been here 7/3/08 at the latest. When I checked the tracking number on the UPS website it said IN TRANSIT. When I called the tracking number into their 800 line, the automated system said the package was on it's way to me. When I spoke with a UPS customer service rep, she said the package was not going to be delivered until 7/9/08. This would be more than 2 weeks since I originally placed the order at Newport News. She went on to say that the 6/26 shipping date that Newport News had reported was in fact only the billing date and the package had not been received by UPS until 6/30. Now, why on Earth would they bill for the shipping before even receiving the package. It seems to me that someone let the package sit around the UPS warehouse before it was loaded on to the truck.

When I spoke with Newport News, they assured me the package had been shipped on 6/26 and should have arrived no later than 7/3/08. I have never had any problems with Newport News and am more inclined to believe them than the shoddy CSRs at UPS. When I asked if there was anyway they could speed up the delivery process, the UPS CSR, fatly denied anyway of doing so. When I offered to pay, she said I would have to contact the shipper. When I asked about an ETA after hypothetically speaking with the shipper and upgrading the shipping process, she said I have to ask the shipper. When I asked what if I upgraded to overnight shipping, could you get it to me overnight. she said I would STILL have to ask Newport News. How the heck are they going to know the ETA when even the carrier themselves could or would not give me that info.

SOMEBODY DOESN'T LIKE TO DO ANY MORE WORK THAN THEY HAVE TOOO. BOO HOO FOR YOU, UPS!

Ys

Comments

• Am
      7th of Oct, 2008

The billing information scan is when the shipper uploads the data from their system to UPS' system. This is not necessarily when UPS receives the package. This happens a lot, where shippers upload the billing info or manifest but UPS does not actually get the package that same day. Once a package enters the UPS network it cannot be upgraded to a "faster" service. This is because packages are inaccessible once they are in transit. You have to realize that UPS transports A LOT of packages. These packages are loaded into tractor trailers or on airplanes and UPS cannot offload thousands of packages to search for ONE particular package.