United automobile insurance company / The way my insurance claim has been handled

1 Miami, FL, United States

I have been dealing with this claim for more than two months now with UAIG, after a flood occured in Miami Beach and my car took on water, we immediately called our nearest agent and filed a claim, our vehicle was towed to a UAIG authorized shop, they said nathing was wrong with the car and just changed the oil and transmission fluid, the seats and carpets just vacummed. After our car was received and turned into us we immediatly notice that the carpet and under the seats still had moisture and was building up rust. Then after driviing the car for about a week the transmission started acting up, we again our our agent who was then rude and handled our complaint in a nasty matter, the car was then inspected by an UAIG appraiser who said he felt nathing wrong with the car. We then took the car back and now have no car because the transmission completely went out on us. After calling our agent again she was rude and not very helpful to helping us with our vehicle, telling us we just need to take it to the dealership and they will send out another appraiser to look at the vehicle. Its been two weeks that I have been without a car and still the insurance company is taking their time and not being helpful. After experiencing how the UAIG team works I will no longer do business with them and dont recommend them to anyone.