Complaints & Reviews

home warranty claim

HWA will take your money, but they will NOT pay your claim. My heater stopped working. Hwa told me to use a repairman near buy. That man died 2 years ago! I then received authorization to have a repair business look at my heater. Heating company said I must have a new furnace because the heat exchange part is broken. Hwa agreed to new furnace instilation. New furnace installed on Dec 10th. works great and I paid the installer $3917.

Sent bill and proof of my payment to Hwa. I called Hwa 12 different times. 3 times I was told I will receive $2, 278.50 from Hwa. Then on January 31st they told me the new settlement amount is $640.!! They said the first amount I was told was a mistake (by 3 different people 3 different times). I have filed a complaint with the better business bureau recently. Hope that does some good.

PLEASE: Do Not join Home Warranty of America. They do not pay claims.

appliance warranty

I engaged my HWA warranty that was purchased with my property. I requested coverage for a malfunctioning clothes washer. The claim was routed to Sears and they sent a technician out to examine the appliance. It was determined that the appliance could not be repaired and I was contacted by HWA to choose between a replacement appliance or a cash offer of replacement value. I chose the cash offer because the appliance they offered would not fit in the available space. The claim was closed by HWA on Nov 30, 2019 and I was told I would receive the the cash offer by way of a Tango Card (electronic one time credit card) instead of a check. I agreed and was told I would receive instructions on how to access my Tango card within a couple of days. It is now January 25, 2020 and I still do not have the $612 that was agreed by HWA as the replacement value of my covered appliance. I have contacted HWA customer service at least 6 times in the intervening weeks with various unsatisfactory outcomes and still no money to settle the claim as agreed.

claim not resolved

We filed a claim that our dishwasher was broken on January 2, 2020. They sent a vendor out (Grayson Collin Appliance) who did a very good job diagnosing the issue and said they would contact HWA with what was wrong for approval. The company called my husband at work and told him that the dishwasher would be replaced. That was either the 8th or the 9th. After not hearing from them for a couple of days, I called. I waited 45 minutes to get someone. They said we would receive an email within 10-15 minutes with our options. No email was received. I called again the next day, and we were told they were backed up, but our claim was escalated and we would receive a call within 24 hours with our options. This was Thursday, January 16th. As of today, January 20, we had not received that call. I called today, waited 25 minutes for customer service and he put me on hold, saying he was checking the status and hung up on me. I waited 18 minutes and got the same man, who hung up on me again. The THIRD time I got the SAME MAN, I told him he had hung up on me and he said that wasn't true. He called me a liar. We have been lied to repeatedly by this company, and I want my dishwasher replaced.

hvac

Submitted my claim for hvac repair Dec. 2nd. Today is Dec. 16th, 2019. The tech came out and said the unit needed to be replaced couldn't find the replacement part so the next higher assembly was required. Tech sent all required documents to hwa. Call them to follow up daily and each rep said they were waiting on managers approval to sign off but they had no direct line to them all they could do is email them the open claim. Its the winter and the weather continues to change and we have no hvac system that is operational. They could least put us in hotel if its going to take this long but no they have no urgency in repairing claims that we can't continue to live in these conditions. I will not recommend this company. Horrible.

horrible! home warranty

I called the 24hr emergency service last night to get my garage door fixed because it fell off track and eventually fell inside my garage. I called again and also went online to make a claim. I called the repairmen assigned to claim and he told me that even though I have the upgraded package the door is not covered. I got this package to make sure all repairs are covered in my home warranty. While calling back and forth with your company the rep told me to different stories one said it's not covered the other said the mechanical is covered but the door is not the other called and left a message telling me that no repairs are covered and canceled my service call and I called back to ask why were the repairmen canceled if the mechanical is covered? Also If I could add on additional coverage to cover the door and all pieces I was on hold forever for another rep to tell me NO!
This is not a way to run a company and I feel this is outrageous and why should I have to jump through hoops to get things fix that have paid for already in my home warranty!! I was renewing my contract after this I will not!!

horrible! home warranty

Home Warranty of Americafailure to resolve claim in a timely manner

Initial claim for non-functioning AC unit was 8/23. HWA replaced the unit, which included the evaporator, blower, heating unit. 10/15, the unit stopped working. Another claim was opened (#3148947). Determination was that they installed a 60A unit on a 30A circuit. 2 weeks later, the claim is still unresolved. We are experiencing 35 degree temperatures and have no heat. Each day I call, I am told someone will call me back w/ in 24 hours. No such call is received. HWA suggested replacing the breaker with a 60A breaker. The wiring for the unit nor the panel cannot accommodate this load.

Washer

Service Provider 1:
Claim #: 3103366 Assigned Service Provider: Central Appliance LLC
Claim File Date: 07-15-2019 Service Provider Number: [protected]
Estimated Service Fee: $75.00

Service Provider 2:
Claim #: 3103366 Assigned Service Provider: Sears - National Claims Center (Northeast)
Claim File Date: 07-15-2019. Service Provider Number: [protected]
Estimated Service Fee: $75.00

My claim for my washer was opened on 7/15/2019 and I was assigned a service provider 1 who would not return a phone call or answer phone so that I can schedule a service request. HWA customer service members also faced the same problem and finally after one week of back and forth they assigned Sears to take over. Their technician came out and advised that their first approach is to repair the washer and will order three parts. Once parts arrive call back and schedule an appointment. ETA for parts was given as 8/5/2019. I did receive one part on time however the remaining two parts are still on backorder. In the meantime, I have called the number of times to check what is the claim status. For 3 weeks I was bounced back and forth with statements from HWA that we are still waiting on parts from Sears. On 08/12/2019 a supervisor left me a message that he had checked Sears system and they have received the parts and I can call Sears to schedule an appointment. But that supervisor did not know that I was in contact touch with sears and part is still on backorder as of today and Sears is providing with no guarantee as to when the part will be available. With that being said I have been paying insurance premiums for approximately two years if not more and when it came to service I get nothing but being advised that parts are still back-ordered. I cannot wait and keep on hearing that we are waiting on parts. What is your company policy? Where do you draw the line? When I called today (8/19/2019 after confirming with Sears one more time regarding part status which is still on backorder) I called HWA customer service and I was advised that as per the contract they are under no obligation to move forward with replacing the washer. There is no deadline for HWA and they are under no obligation to replace the defective appliance. I must wait for the parts to arrive. I do need a resolution to this issue. I have been very patient till now and I believe that your company is nothing but a scam and I will make sure to post an actual picture of your company on all social media forums that I have access to regarding my experience so that other people do not get scammed.

HWA website has guidelines to post a review online which is as follows:

Please note that not all reviews or images are published. Our Moderation Team will evaluate your review and image to make sure it fulfills our guidelines. Remember, you are responsible for what you write and upload so please be fair and honest.

So in other words, if they do not like what you have to say they can choose not to publish your review.

home warranty

I have been a customer since 9/16/2017 and since that time I have spent $1080.80 in monthly fees, and $170 in service call fees.

#1. The first service call was for my dishwasher (claim #2990331) where a technician was called out from 1st Class Plumbing Services (a 2-star company on Yelp). The technician didn't even look at the plumbing to the sink from the dishwasher or the trap. He just said I needed to buy some cleaning stuff off of Amazon. That was $100.

I called HWA and told them I wasn't going to pay $100 for absolutely nothing, so they said they would only charge me $75. I then called my own handiman, who was able to fix it for $75. HWA agreed that if I sent them the invoice from my handiman, they would reimburse me. To date, I have called 3 times and sent the invoice to [protected]@directenergy.com 2 times and have not received my money back.

#2. The 2nd Service call (claim #3101376) was on 7/12/19 for my washing maching which broke on 7/11/19 and was leaking water out the bottom. HWA sent a service man out from A&A Appliance (a 1-star Yelp company). I paid $100 again, and this technician said it was from the soap dispenser going in and out over time that cracked the housing. But in his written report, he told HWA it was from me putting something heavy in the drum (which never happened and he never even asked me about that.) When HWA called me to tell me they wouldn't cover it because it was "MY ERROR", I told them that was a bold faced lie and that I wanted to speak with that technician. I called him directly and he denied having said that. Then when HWA called him directly, he hung up on them. HWA then agreed to have a different technician come out. The lady I was on the phone with (for over 1 1/2 hours!) went through the entire list of vendors to try and find one that had more than 3 stars on Yelp (which none of them did.) We finally agreed on Universal Appliance & Kitchen (2-stars), and they agreed to come out on Friday (July 19). Then on Friday afternoon, I called the vendor to see when they were coming and they said they couldn't come until Monday. I called HWA and they called the vendor and got them to come out friday afternoon. The technician looked at the machine briefly. I explained what the previous technician had said and he took a few pictures and left.

On, Tuesday, July 23, HWA called to tell me they weren't going to cover the machine because it was the soap dispenser, which isn't covered.

I have the HWA Premium Plus package.

My Warranty agreement states clearly:

WASHER/DRYER PACKAGE: INCLUDED: All parts and components.

EXCLUDED: (they list certain parts and components)

However, the law states that you CANNOT lawfully say you include ALL parts and components and at the same time exclude some.

The words 'WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE FOLLOWING" would need to be stated and SIGNED BY ME!!

I didn't agree to this. HWA sent these conditions after I purchased the premium package which was sold to me as a complete warranty.

I asked that they immediately cancel my warranty and refund me all monies paid to them for essentially NOTHING.

Not only did they not respond to my email, they charged me. For another month today, 8/15/19.

You can't get a hold Of anyone who can do anything either.

Worst business ever.

ac

HOA sent a company out after 3 days of our air broken and after 2 places told them that it's thr compressor, they still have to approved it for instalation. It has now been 8 business days plus a weekend and I've been on hold for almost an hour twice today. Nobody has any answered and the AC company told us once they finally send in approval, it will be another full week before we get an AC. We are displaced from our home. This is an awful company and we will be cancelinf our warranty as soon as this is dealt with. I am totally disgusted by the entire situation. They should be shut down.

Home Warranty of Americapool/spa

I called several days in. Row about pool repair we got a claim # and everything email stating to go ahead. Then they told company they would not pay for it. I called they said it's capped I would of understood that if they would of told us before they gave claim guy said well it was posted today that it is capped. They should of known that when they assigned a claim. I asked the lady today so you guys can screw up and not have any responsibilities for it. Not good business! I own a business and if my employee screw up we make it right not say sorry!!
Peggy
[protected].

unresolved home warranty claim

I have had multiple poor experiences with HWA home warranty company, but this is the worst yet. I filed a claim for AC problems on 6/19/19, was told the AC needed to be replaced, but the warranty company has yet to finalize the claim and actually replace the AC. I have called the company dozens of times for updates, and every time I get the runaround. Nobody seems to know what is happening and every time I call, I am told something different. I ask to speak to a manager, and I am told there is none. The latest is that I was told I needed to call to approve out of pocket cost for replacement, so I did so 2 days ago. I spoke to a woman, gave permission and accepted the charges, and she told me that she was placing the order for a new AC unit and it would arrive in 5-7 business days. I called today to followup and make sure that was done, and I was told that I never accepted the charges and so the unit was never ordered. This is just one example, but similar occurrences have happened multiple times since I opened the claim. I really believe that they think I will just forget about it and then they won't have to pay. Meanwhile, I have a broken AC unit with 90+ degree summertime temperatures. I worry about my family and pets and their health as a result. I have also placed a complaint with the BBB against HWA.

delay of approving my claim

I filed a claim on 7/5/19, service man came out and said my a/c coils are leaking. He Sent the documentation to HWA. I have been calling daily about this claim as I LIVE IN...

a/c coil leak replacement denied

HWA's warranty states all parts of the a/c unit are covered. Their service tech was out twice. The first time he said the problem was a breaker and the unit worked for 3 weeks and...

washer

Terrible response after 3 week wait for our washer. We moved into the home in March. We used the washer twice and then it broke. 2 service people showed up and then we waited to get a response on what was to happen next. they asked for the home inspection which read... 'washer needed further evaluation'. which to us meant that the inspection, while running the machine successfully, did not do a deep dive into how it was or would operate. THAT'S WHY YOU BUY INSURANCE, FOLKS.

The claim was denied once HWA coulc use the Home Inspection as cover.

Worthless. Do not work with this firm.

Home Warranty of America — clothes washer stopped working

Home Warranty of America 1371 Abbott Court, Buffalo Grove, Il. 60089 [protected] [protected] President: Manu Asthana Secretary: Bray Dohrwardt, Esq Memo Ruiz-Paniagua...

customer service and contractors

Hello, I would like to tell you about my experience with your company. My first realtor I had told me that we should never get the home warranty because they don't pay for...

paid for coverage that they cannot find a contractor to agree to fulfill.

I am dissatisfied with the service or lack of service provided by HWA. We had a stoppage and paid HWA to have a plumber tell us we needed our septic pumped. The plumber contracted...

plumbing

HWA denied a claim to replace a toilet because they said the toilet never worked when the warranty never began. Since HWA never conducted an inspection like they were supposed to then that means every claim in my home will be denied. The events from the Aug 15 post below is almost identical. The claim was denied but when I checked with the claim status they could only tell me it was denied. I was not contacted by email or phone. No details were provided. The company is hiding behind the fact that there was no inspection of the appliances in the home. This is a company requirement and I was unaware of this so an error on the companies part means I paid for a warranty and am still left paying for the repair. That's like having health insurance and still having to pay the hospital bills. Why do I need a warranty if I have to pay for the repair. Contract # 3564045. Technician visited my home on Aug 23. I wish for anything associated for this claim to be accomplished. Since the company failed to insure that all appliances are/were in proper working order I believe the company is in breach of contract. Failure to administratively ensure all actions as required prior to the contract coverage period beginning is on the offending party and in this case the supporting unit "HWA" failed to perform all administrative functions and the supported unit "Homeowner" has complied with any company request and paid the cost of the contract on the due date through an automatic EFT.

warranty coverage, ac, gold package

Head line- Are you ready to call them multiple times a day and live with service items 2-4 weeks only to hear the coverage is refused???? Their staff will hang up on you/no call...

ac service repair

On 7/19 we submitted our 2nd claim for AC not working. We were told it would take 48 hrs for the the approval because we had a coil leak and needed it replaced. After 48 hrs we do...

ac unit repair reimbursement

On 5-31-18 I contacted HWA about my AC unit not working and was informed to find my own HVAC service provider that they have no one available. I had my AC unit serviced and HWA...

a/c repair

HWA didn't resolve our issue with A/C after a month. We submitted the claim, but nothing happened. A technician came after a week and submitted a diagnosis to hwa. After that they told me that authorization department needed 24/48h to approve or not the claim. It has been three weeks now and no follow up on my claim. Calling customer service every day didn't help either. They answer you saying it's under review but without any information. I have a newborn in the house and without A/C in the summer is considered not livable conditions.

Christopher Hornauer Sep 27, 2018

Unfortunately this is 'the new' HWA. I've been with them 14 years and they use to be a very good company to work with. AC work is their biggest let down. 7 years ago when I had a compressor blow, I had a new full condenser unit in less than a week (still long for Houston) Fast forward to last year, same unit went out, we went round and round for nearly a month and then the best they would do is cut me a check for $600 to replace a $2500 unit. And don't get me started on their ridiculous fees to have the refrigerant replaced - they wanted me to pay the technician nearly $1000 if they were to cover the compressor hardware/labor. This year the washing machine has died. Two vendors cannot get the control sensor it needs to repair. Six weeks later, washing machine still dead and my case is sitting in review. I have their 'GreenPlus' plan which is suppose to cover replacement of a non-repairable item with the same feature/high efficiency ratings - doesn't seem to make a lick of difference. They offered me a buyout of $130 on a $900 machine. I told them this weekend i would be taking their year 15 renewal money and buying a new washer with it. Sorry you had to deal with a down AC around the holiday weekend. I've been there. Hopefully by now, early October, you have some resolution.

scam. unethical behavior, lying to me - approved my claim but won't call vendor to do the work

My water heaters broke May16, I had 70 gallons of water in my basement. CS.e put an emergency claim, I did get a vendor right away but the vendor was on hold for hours with their claim dpt and they wouldn't answer. 2 vendors told me they won;t with HWA b/c they are not ethical. They don't want approve the claim so they keep going around telling me they approved it but tell the vendor its still under review. I have pay them for 10 years. They were very proficient and courteous, now they have rude people who lied. Yesterday I told the C.S lady to call the vendor since I agreed to pay the non covered items and claims wouldn't call them. She put me on hold then came back and said she callED the vendor but she lied b/c the vendor called me today asking if I got the approval. THE VENDOR NEVER GOT A CALL SHE LIED. I asked the CS lady who barely spoke english for an approval number and TOLD ME IT WAS THE SAME AS THE CLAIM NUMBER. LIED. They are great at billing me and getting a paid. They won't send an e-mail besides de one that gives you the vendor information.

hwa will screw you

Do not trust HWA Home Warranty. I had the Diamond package with green replacement and HWA refused to go or the contract to replace a unrepairable electric cooktop with one that fit...

Home Warranty of America (HWA) — will not respond to multiple calls about my appliance repair.

I have had a claim open since 2/17/28. Today is April 4th. I have called at least 4 - 5 times. Each time they have promised to call me back within 24 - 48 hrs. Nothing. I'm only...

Home Warranty of America — acclaim

About 2.5 years ago I had my ac upstairs go out. I called hwa and asked them to come out to check it out. They replaced some parts but unbeknownst to me they mixed matched the...

Home Warranty of America (HWA) — air conditioning unit

On july 24, my a/c unit broke. This is louisiana, in the middle of a hot summer. I called hwa and explained the problem. They sent the company they contract with to the house. The...

Home Warranty of America (HWA) — warranty / repair contract not honored

I recently purchased a home and negotiated a home warranty as part of the process. One month after being in the home, the air conditioning unit failed. I had an inspection done on...

Home Warranty of America (HWA) — length of repair time

We made a claim with HWA on 6/8/16. Our AC unit was not cooling. Someone did come to our house on 6/9 but wasn't until 9:00PM. He said he cleared a line but couldn't go outside to...

Home Warranty of America (HWA)air conditioner

Claim # 1682051

On june 30, 2016 (thursday) I emailed hwa to let them know my air conditioner stopped working. I immediately got a email back from a customer rep stating that my claim has successfully submitted and that techcool here in vegas would be coming to take a look at the problem. Techcool came out on july 2, 2016 and determined that I needed a new compressor for my air conditioning unit. They reported back to hwa of the problem and solution. It wasn't till I called techcool back on tuesday july 5 that they informed me that hwa was waiting for approval. I called them to find out what approval they needed. Why didn't someone call me sooner? A customer rep called me finally on july 6 and told me I would have to pay $690 for fees not covered by my policy. I agreed that if that is what it takes to fix the air conditioner, I would agree. I heard nothing from the company after that and neither did techcool. I made numerous calls to them trying to find out why nothing is being done to fix the problem. It wasn't till monday july 11 that the part was ordered! I was also told that hwa called a tech somewhere else to see if this particular part number would work since my compressor had another number. He said yes. Now, I have talked to 7 different customer reps trying to find out why it's taking over 2 weeks to fix this problem. It's over 100 degrees here in vegas. All reps are telling me the same thing "part has been ordered". It seems like no one wants to be responsible to do any followup. Hwa states in their values their purpose is to provide helpful service with empathy and compassion. Have they ever lived in a home with over 100 degree temps for over 2 weeks? I bet not. It's not fun. They don't care about their customers. They do not respond I n a timely matter to help their paying customers. This is the worse customer service I have ever experienced! Seems like every time I called I get the run around. Nobody can expedite the process or find out why it's taking so long. It is ridiculous that I have to wait this long to fix an air conditioning problem. I would not recommend this company to anyone nor will I renew when time comes to renew. It's a waste of my time to have to follow up on everything when i'm paying them for a service.
Resolution would be to have someone expedite the order and install the compressor within 1-2 days from now.

• Ba
    Barb Margetts Jul 13, 2016

I think others should know how this company treats their clients. I would not use them again.

• Co
    Common sense Jul 13, 2016

The part is coming on a slow boat from china.

Home Warranty of America (HWA) — warranty

This warranty company is terrible to work with. Very time-consuming and incompetent. They don't have good vendors to do the claim work because they can only get bad vendors to...

Home Warranty of America (HWA) — ac

I am realtor in south carolina and I can tell you that I could never recommend this company. My daughter and her to children, 2 and 4, have been waiting for 5 weeks to have their...

Home Warranty of America (HWA) — central air conditioner unethical behavior

The central air went out a few weeks after I purchased my house, which came with a warranty from home warranty of america. I contacted the company (cavin's air) and they had me...

Home Warranty of America (HWA) — heater repair

I have had a home warranty through hwa for 3 years and have been completely dissatisfied with their customer care and vendor work. I didn't know that I could switch companies but...

Home Warranty of America (HWA) — claims not being taken care of in a timely manner.

We made an electrical claim in november of 2015. It is now january of 2016 and the issue has not been resolved. The vendor that they hired would not return our phone calls and...

Home Warranty of America (HWA) — no hot water going on four days

It is very hard to believe that hwa has no electrical companies they contract with in our area. They want us to hire one, pay another $100.00 deductible and wait four to six week...

Home Warranty of America (HWA)fake contract

We are on day 19 of waiting for this company to make a good faith decision on this claim. Their reply to my earlier post about contacting the "escalation department" hasn't come to fruition. If the department exists, maybe I could get someone there to answer my phone calls.
Here's the backstory: we purchased a new home and the warranty at the very end of july 2015. The air conditioner in our home stopped functioning and we were forced to submit a claim with this company. I contacted them and they sent a tech out three days later. We were told the entire heating and cooling system would need to be replaced. Hwa informed us that they would only cover the cost of the repair to the leaking coil that totaled about $1000, and that we would need to cover the cost of updating the rest of the equipment, an additional $4850. This company requested a copy of the original inspection report, stating that if there was no leak reported in the inspection they would afford coverage. I sent the report to the representative and received no additional contact. A representative of this company contacted our realtor, asking about the ductwork and never once called my husband or me to ask for anything additionally. I contacted them a week and a half later to ask for the status of our claim and was told they didn't know. I requested to speak to a supervisor regarding the unnecessary time it was taking to come to a decision and was told she was "on the phone" and would call me as soon as possible. Five hours later, we still had not heard from the company. My husband called that afternoon and was told that the claim was denied based on a "temperature differential." they stated that the temperature differential on the report read 12 and they only afford coverage for a rate between 17-21. They claimed the contract was void from the very beginning and this stipulation was not included in the copy they provided to us. When my husband asked to speak to a supervisor regarding this issue, he was blatantly told no. We had read the contract numerous times and did not find this exclusion anywhere in the paperwork.
Now here's the newest disaster: we argued that this company was making a poor decision and I promptly submitted a request to close the account and receive my money back. I also posted on multiple social media websites warning others of our bad experience. I even submitted a claim with the better business bureau to try to remedy the issue. The next day, a representative of this company contacted us to apologize and assured us she could help afford the coverage if we rescinded our request to close the account. So I did. We were hopeful that this time we would get a solution. The representative told us that the company would afford coverage and she didn’t know the exact amount, but they would call later that day. Surprise! No phone call. Several days go by with me leaving multiple messages and still no answers. Then when I do finally get her on the phone, she tells me the contracting repairman is supposed to call and give us the estimate. If we approved the charges we’re good to go. He sent over the info and I called this company once again to verify coverage. I’m told on the phone that they would have to send an email and get back to me.
Later that day, we’re informed they will only cover the coil and none of the modifications, even though our contract says the modifications are covered up to $1000 if we upgrade the system. Which we were. So we deny the estimate and ask for a supervisor. When we call again, we’re told that the “modification” must be voluntary and since our system requires a modification, they will not cover it. Again, this is verbiage that is not found in the contract. We are familiar with contract law in the state of oklahoma. The company’s job is to find coverage, not find ways to deny it based on faulty reasoning they made up.
We have been without air conditioning this entire time. We have three children in the home who can’t sleep in their beds because this company refuses to give us a straight answer and provide the coverage we rightfully paid for. We even bought the better warranty package to avoid these kinds of issues.
The company is doing everything possible to deny our claim, and when they can’t find a valid reason, they create a reason for the denial. Know that when you purchase a warranty from this company, they do not care about you. They want your money.

Mario Lento Apr 11, 2016

This company is a complete fraud. After I enrolled in a heating and cooling warranty they began deducting my payments from my visa account online. The first withdrawal was over $500.00 and took me a week of calling to remedy. Then they started monthly withdrawals and suddenly they started taking multiple monthly payments for the service. After another week of frustration and trying to reach someone to remedy I finally reached someone who said they would remedy the error with a refund of the duplicate withdrawal. the next day I got a refund of the duplicate withdrawal, but the same day they withdrew another duplicate payment. This has been going on for the last 3 months and whenever I try to resolve it, they continue to do the same thing over and over again...The most frustrating thing is trying to reach someone to resolve the issue. No one answers their phone and you are put on hold indefinitely...My last issue with them was several days ago on 04/07/2016...and although I got the error payment refunded, the next day was followed by 2 more erroneous payments charged to my account. Stay away from these scammers. I am still trying to get my money back for these multiple erroneous charges but it is taking its toll on my stress level!

Home Warranty of America — complete fraud

We purchased a remodel home 6 months ago, no one was living in the house at the time. All appliances are new including wall heater unit. There was no gas in the property at time...

Home Warranty of America — washer replacement

Hi, We purchased this high premium policy on recommendation from friends and family. After 10 days of purchasing our washer broke down. They send a contractor who after...

Home Warranty of Americabad service / denials of claims

Due to continuous home warranty of america's poor customer service and lag in response times for urgent issues at my home, I have filed a bbb complaint along with posting multiple social media reviews about hwa.

Most recently, I have filed a service request for a kitchen sink stoppage that smells like the sewer backed up in my kitchen. On top of that, after waiting 24 hours and being assigned a plumbing company that could not be out for 4 days, I called hwa customer service to have my claim reassigned and spoke with katina. Katina stated she would call around for a plumber and call me back. I also placed another service call for my master bedroom shower that will not turn off. There is no shutoff valve to shut off this shower, except for the whole house near the curb.

No urgency has been placed in my service calls and the 2nd call for the shower didn't even appear in the system after registering it online. I am extremely frustrated with hwa and the lack of service, denials of claims and lack of follow up to customer with issues that can be a health hazard (sewerage backup in the kitchen), and a shower that won't turn off. What in the hell does it take to get you people on the ball and to pull your head out of what you sit on?

I am looking for a bbb settlement, and feel my next course may be to contact a lawyer. My expectation is getting a plumber to my home friday, 04/05/2013 without excuses, delays or denials of claim.

Carl bowen

• En
    Enrique Navarro Jun 02, 2015

Now that I have too filed a claim for my A/C unit know what you're dealing with. I wish I had gone with someone else instead.