FILE A COMPLAINT

Complaints & Reviews

home warranty claim

HWA will take your money, but they will NOT pay your claim. My heater stopped working. Hwa told me to use a repairman near buy. That man died 2 years ago! I then received authorization to have a repair business look at my heater. Heating company said I must have a new furnace because the heat exchange part is broken. Hwa agreed to new furnace instilation. New furnace installed on Dec 10th. works great and I paid the installer $3917.

Sent bill and proof of my payment to Hwa. I called Hwa 12 different times. 3 times I was told I will receive $2, 278.50 from Hwa. Then on January 31st they told me the new settlement amount is $640.!! They said the first amount I was told was a mistake (by 3 different people 3 different times). I have filed a complaint with the better business bureau recently. Hope that does some good.

PLEASE: Do Not join Home Warranty of America. They do not pay claims.

appliance warranty

I engaged my HWA warranty that was purchased with my property. I requested coverage for a malfunctioning clothes washer. The claim was routed to Sears and they sent a technician out to examine the appliance. It was determined that the appliance could not be repaired and I was contacted by HWA to choose between a replacement appliance or a cash offer of replacement value. I chose the cash offer because the appliance they offered would not fit in the available space. The claim was closed by HWA on Nov 30, 2019 and I was told I would receive the the cash offer by way of a Tango Card (electronic one time credit card) instead of a check. I agreed and was told I would receive instructions on how to access my Tango card within a couple of days. It is now January 25, 2020 and I still do not have the $612 that was agreed by HWA as the replacement value of my covered appliance. I have contacted HWA customer service at least 6 times in the intervening weeks with various unsatisfactory outcomes and still no money to settle the claim as agreed.

claim not resolved

We filed a claim that our dishwasher was broken on January 2, 2020. They sent a vendor out (Grayson Collin Appliance) who did a very good job diagnosing the issue and said they would contact HWA with what was wrong for approval. The company called my husband at work and told him that the dishwasher would be replaced. That was either the 8th or the 9th. After not hearing from them for a couple of days, I called. I waited 45 minutes to get someone. They said we would receive an email within 10-15 minutes with our options. No email was received. I called again the next day, and we were told they were backed up, but our claim was escalated and we would receive a call within 24 hours with our options. This was Thursday, January 16th. As of today, January 20, we had not received that call. I called today, waited 25 minutes for customer service and he put me on hold, saying he was checking the status and hung up on me. I waited 18 minutes and got the same man, who hung up on me again. The THIRD time I got the SAME MAN, I told him he had hung up on me and he said that wasn't true. He called me a liar. We have been lied to repeatedly by this company, and I want my dishwasher replaced.

hvac

Submitted my claim for hvac repair Dec. 2nd. Today is Dec. 16th, 2019. The tech came out and said the unit needed to be replaced couldn't find the replacement part so the next higher assembly was required. Tech sent all required documents to hwa. Call them to follow up daily and each rep said they were waiting on managers approval to sign off but they had no direct line to them all they could do is email them the open claim. Its the winter and the weather continues to change and we have no hvac system that is operational. They could least put us in hotel if its going to take this long but no they have no urgency in repairing claims that we can't continue to live in these conditions. I will not recommend this company. Horrible.

horrible! home warranty

I called the 24hr emergency service last night to get my garage door fixed because it fell off track and eventually fell inside my garage. I called again and also went online to make a claim. I called the repairmen assigned to claim and he told me that even though I have the upgraded package the door is not covered. I got this package to make sure all repairs are covered in my home warranty. While calling back and forth with your company the rep told me to different stories one said it's not covered the other said the mechanical is covered but the door is not the other called and left a message telling me that no repairs are covered and canceled my service call and I called back to ask why were the repairmen canceled if the mechanical is covered? Also If I could add on additional coverage to cover the door and all pieces I was on hold forever for another rep to tell me NO!
This is not a way to run a company and I feel this is outrageous and why should I have to jump through hoops to get things fix that have paid for already in my home warranty!! I was renewing my contract after this I will not!!

horrible! home warranty

failure to resolve claim in a timely manner

Initial claim for non-functioning AC unit was 8/23. HWA replaced the unit, which included the evaporator, blower, heating unit. 10/15, the unit stopped working. Another claim was opened (#3148947). Determination was that they installed a 60A unit on a 30A circuit. 2 weeks later, the claim is still unresolved. We are experiencing 35 degree temperatures and have no heat. Each day I call, I am told someone will call me back w/ in 24 hours. No such call is received. HWA suggested replacing the breaker with a 60A breaker. The wiring for the unit nor the panel cannot accommodate this load.

Washer

Service Provider 1:
Claim #: 3103366 Assigned Service Provider: Central Appliance LLC
Claim File Date: 07-15-2019 Service Provider Number: [protected]
Estimated Service Fee: $75.00

Service Provider 2:
Claim #: 3103366 Assigned Service Provider: Sears - National Claims Center (Northeast)
Claim File Date: 07-15-2019. Service Provider Number: [protected]
Estimated Service Fee: $75.00

My claim for my washer was opened on 7/15/2019 and I was assigned a service provider 1 who would not return a phone call or answer phone so that I can schedule a service request. HWA customer service members also faced the same problem and finally after one week of back and forth they assigned Sears to take over. Their technician came out and advised that their first approach is to repair the washer and will order three parts. Once parts arrive call back and schedule an appointment. ETA for parts was given as 8/5/2019. I did receive one part on time however the remaining two parts are still on backorder. In the meantime, I have called the number of times to check what is the claim status. For 3 weeks I was bounced back and forth with statements from HWA that we are still waiting on parts from Sears. On 08/12/2019 a supervisor left me a message that he had checked Sears system and they have received the parts and I can call Sears to schedule an appointment. But that supervisor did not know that I was in contact touch with sears and part is still on backorder as of today and Sears is providing with no guarantee as to when the part will be available. With that being said I have been paying insurance premiums for approximately two years if not more and when it came to service I get nothing but being advised that parts are still back-ordered. I cannot wait and keep on hearing that we are waiting on parts. What is your company policy? Where do you draw the line? When I called today (8/19/2019 after confirming with Sears one more time regarding part status which is still on backorder) I called HWA customer service and I was advised that as per the contract they are under no obligation to move forward with replacing the washer. There is no deadline for HWA and they are under no obligation to replace the defective appliance. I must wait for the parts to arrive. I do need a resolution to this issue. I have been very patient till now and I believe that your company is nothing but a scam and I will make sure to post an actual picture of your company on all social media forums that I have access to regarding my experience so that other people do not get scammed.

HWA website has guidelines to post a review online which is as follows:

Please note that not all reviews or images are published. Our Moderation Team will evaluate your review and image to make sure it fulfills our guidelines. Remember, you are responsible for what you write and upload so please be fair and honest.

So in other words, if they do not like what you have to say they can choose not to publish your review.

home warranty

I have been a customer since 9/16/2017 and since that time I have spent $1080.80 in monthly fees, and $170 in service call fees.

#1. The first service call was for my dishwasher (claim #2990331) where a technician was called out from 1st Class Plumbing Services (a 2-star company on Yelp). The technician didn't even look at the plumbing to the sink from the dishwasher or the trap. He just said I needed to buy some cleaning stuff off of Amazon. That was $100.

I called HWA and told them I wasn't going to pay $100 for absolutely nothing, so they said they would only charge me $75. I then called my own handiman, who was able to fix it for $75. HWA agreed that if I sent them the invoice from my handiman, they would reimburse me. To date, I have called 3 times and sent the invoice to [protected]@directenergy.com 2 times and have not received my money back.

#2. The 2nd Service call (claim #3101376) was on 7/12/19 for my washing maching which broke on 7/11/19 and was leaking water out the bottom. HWA sent a service man out from A&A Appliance (a 1-star Yelp company). I paid $100 again, and this technician said it was from the soap dispenser going in and out over time that cracked the housing. But in his written report, he told HWA it was from me putting something heavy in the drum (which never happened and he never even asked me about that.) When HWA called me to tell me they wouldn't cover it because it was "MY ERROR", I told them that was a bold faced lie and that I wanted to speak with that technician. I called him directly and he denied having said that. Then when HWA called him directly, he hung up on them. HWA then agreed to have a different technician come out. The lady I was on the phone with (for over 1 1/2 hours!) went through the entire list of vendors to try and find one that had more than 3 stars on Yelp (which none of them did.) We finally agreed on Universal Appliance & Kitchen (2-stars), and they agreed to come out on Friday (July 19). Then on Friday afternoon, I called the vendor to see when they were coming and they said they couldn't come until Monday. I called HWA and they called the vendor and got them to come out friday afternoon. The technician looked at the machine briefly. I explained what the previous technician had said and he took a few pictures and left.

On, Tuesday, July 23, HWA called to tell me they weren't going to cover the machine because it was the soap dispenser, which isn't covered.

I have the HWA Premium Plus package.

My Warranty agreement states clearly:

WASHER/DRYER PACKAGE: INCLUDED: All parts and components.

EXCLUDED: (they list certain parts and components)

However, the law states that you CANNOT lawfully say you include ALL parts and components and at the same time exclude some.

The words 'WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE FOLLOWING" would need to be stated and SIGNED BY ME!!

I didn't agree to this. HWA sent these conditions after I purchased the premium package which was sold to me as a complete warranty.

I asked that they immediately cancel my warranty and refund me all monies paid to them for essentially NOTHING.

Not only did they not respond to my email, they charged me. For another month today, 8/15/19.

You can't get a hold Of anyone who can do anything either.

Worst business ever.

ac

HOA sent a company out after 3 days of our air broken and after 2 places told them that it's thr compressor, they still have to approved it for instalation. It has now been 8 business days plus a weekend and I've been on hold for almost an hour twice today. Nobody has any answered and the AC company told us once they finally send in approval, it will be another full week before we get an AC. We are displaced from our home. This is an awful company and we will be cancelinf our warranty as soon as this is dealt with. I am totally disgusted by the entire situation. They should be shut down.

pool/spa

I called several days in. Row about pool repair we got a claim # and everything email stating to go ahead. Then they told company they would not pay for it. I called they said it's capped I would of understood that if they would of told us before they gave claim guy said well it was posted today that it is capped. They should of known that when they assigned a claim. I asked the lady today so you guys can screw up and not have any responsibilities for it. Not good business! I own a business and if my employee screw up we make it right not say sorry!!
Peggy
[protected].

unresolved home warranty claim

I have had multiple poor experiences with HWA home warranty company, but this is the worst yet. I filed a claim for AC problems on 6/19/19, was told the AC needed to be replaced, but the warranty company has yet to finalize the claim and actually replace the AC. I have called the company dozens of times for updates, and every time I get the runaround. Nobody seems to know what is happening and every time I call, I am told something different. I ask to speak to a manager, and I am told there is none. The latest is that I was told I needed to call to approve out of pocket cost for replacement, so I did so 2 days ago. I spoke to a woman, gave permission and accepted the charges, and she told me that she was placing the order for a new AC unit and it would arrive in 5-7 business days. I called today to followup and make sure that was done, and I was told that I never accepted the charges and so the unit was never ordered. This is just one example, but similar occurrences have happened multiple times since I opened the claim. I really believe that they think I will just forget about it and then they won't have to pay. Meanwhile, I have a broken AC unit with 90+ degree summertime temperatures. I worry about my family and pets and their health as a result. I have also placed a complaint with the BBB against HWA.

delay of approving my claim

I filed a claim on 7/5/19, service man came out and said my a/c coils are leaking. He Sent the documentation...

a/c coil leak replacement denied

HWA's warranty states all parts of the a/c unit are covered. Their service tech was out twice. The first time...

washer

Terrible response after 3 week wait for our washer. We moved into the home in March. We used the washer twice and then it broke. 2 service people showed up and then we waited to get a response on what was to happen next. they asked for the home inspection which read... 'washer needed further evaluation'. which to us meant that the inspection, while running the machine successfully, did not do a deep dive into how it was or would operate. THAT'S WHY YOU BUY INSURANCE, FOLKS.

The claim was denied once HWA coulc use the Home Inspection as cover.

Worthless. Do not work with this firm.

clothes washer stopped working

Home Warranty of America 1371 Abbott Court, Buffalo Grove, Il. 60089 [protected] (847...

customer service and contractors

Hello, I would like to tell you about my experience with your company. My first realtor I had told me that...

paid for coverage that they cannot find a contractor to agree to fulfill.

I am dissatisfied with the service or lack of service provided by HWA. We had a stoppage and paid HWA to have...

plumbing

HWA denied a claim to replace a toilet because they said the toilet never worked when the warranty never began. Since HWA never conducted an inspection like they were supposed to then that means every claim in my home will be denied. The events from the Aug 15 post below is almost identical. The claim was denied but when I checked with the claim status they could only tell me it was denied. I was not contacted by email or phone. No details were provided. The company is hiding behind the fact that there was no inspection of the appliances in the home. This is a company requirement and I was unaware of this so an error on the companies part means I paid for a warranty and am still left paying for the repair. That's like having health insurance and still having to pay the hospital bills. Why do I need a warranty if I have to pay for the repair. Contract # 3564045. Technician visited my home on Aug 23. I wish for anything associated for this claim to be accomplished. Since the company failed to insure that all appliances are/were in proper working order I believe the company is in breach of contract. Failure to administratively ensure all actions as required prior to the contract coverage period beginning is on the offending party and in this case the supporting unit "HWA" failed to perform all administrative functions and the supported unit "Homeowner" has complied with any company request and paid the cost of the contract on the due date through an automatic EFT.

warranty coverage, ac, gold package

Head line- Are you ready to call them multiple times a day and live with service items 2-4 weeks only to hear...

ac service repair

On 7/19 we submitted our 2nd claim for AC not working. We were told it would take 48 hrs for the the approval...