United Automobile Insurance Company [UAIC]company logo

United Automobile Insurance Company [UAIC]

United Automobile Insurance Company [UAIC]

Learn how the rating is calculated

1 48 complaints
7 resolved 41 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

United Automobile Insurance Company [UAIC] Go to website

United Automobile Insurance Company [UAIC] reviews & complaints 81 - 48

United Automobile Insurance Company [UAIC] complaints 48

United Automobile Insurance Company [UAIC] - car repairs

Don't buy insurance through this company and hope someone who does never hits you... They rip off folks that their clients hit!!!

This company does not have a 24/7 number you can call for claims as some links say they do... Only monday-friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm est.

Their client hit my car on 3/5/10 at 5:15 pm so I had to call on 3/8/10 to make a claim and was told an adjuster would call me in 3 to 5 days, well on 3/15/10 I had to call again and was told the same thing. Unbelieveable... I heard nothing until I called again on 3/22/10 and demanded an adjuster to come give an estimate that day! He told me in 3 to 4 days uaic would call me to let me know the estimate was approved... Well on 3/26/10 I had to call them to find out if it was approved in which it had been approved and they wanted to know what shop had my car... It was still sitting in my driveway!!!

Now they want me to pay $228.87 to the repair shop for betterment of the muffler that their client damaged. This is ridiculous! If their client had not been text messaging she would have seen our car stopped so why should we have to pay for betterment??? I did not need a new muffler until she hit my car!

THIS COMPANY HAS LIED ABOUT COVERAGE AND WHEN WE HAD A CLAIM THEY FIRST DENIED WE EVEN HAD INSURANCE WITH THEM. THE AGENT HERE IN MERIDIAN IS VERY UNDEREDUCATED IN INSURANCE BUSINESS.AFTER WE HAD AN ACCIDENT THIS COMPANY HAS DRUG AROUND FOR TWO MONTHS AND STILL NOT PAID THE CLAIM. THE AGENT WE WERE TO CALL IS FRANK GANZALES AND HE IS SUPPOSE TO BE AVAILABLE FROM 7A.M TIL 4 P.M. MON THRU FRI. WELL, GOOD LUCK TRYING TO TALK TO HIM!!! THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE WORST COMPANY IN THE HISTORY OF INSURANCE AND SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN IF THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NO BETTER THAN WHAT THEY HAVE SHOWN.

United Automobile Insurance Company [UAIC] - fixing damaged vehicle

My vehicle was parked and was hit by someone who was insured by UAIC .I have a '99 Mercedes E320, Itook my vehicle in for an appraisle from Three different Collisons Business's.There was a $500 different among the Three.UAIC had some one come out and take a picture of the damages, the adjuster called me to info me that he was offering me a settlement in the amount of $734.00.I informed him of the Three quotes that I had gotten and he told me that my quotes were ridicules.I told him that all I wanted was my car to be fixed properly, he insisted that he wouldn't pay the smallest of the Three quote's which was $2097.These people have a bad reputation of doing business, this I was told from each place of business that i went to.Needless to say they never paid they amount it took to fix my car right.Big up to Lauren Dye of "Ferguson collison Center" in Norman Oklahoma, she told me in the beginning that I wouldn't be liable for one cent and she stuck to her work and fixed my car the right way, even though they didn't get paid in full fromm UAIC.These people should not be in business at all!!!

United Automobile Insurance Company [UAIC] - the way my insurance claim has been handled

I have been dealing with this claim for more than two months now with UAIG, after a flood occured in Miami Beach and my car took on water, we immediately called our nearest agent and filed a claim, our vehicle was towed to a UAIG authorized shop, they said nathing was wrong with the car and just changed the oil and transmission fluid, the seats and carpets just vacummed. After our car was received and turned into us we immediatly notice that the carpet and under the seats still had moisture and was building up rust. Then after driviing the car for about a week the transmission started acting up, we again our our agent who was then rude and handled our complaint in a nasty matter, the car was then inspected by an UAIG appraiser who said he felt nathing wrong with the car. We then took the car back and now have no car because the transmission completely went out on us. After calling our agent again she was rude and not very helpful to helping us with our vehicle, telling us we just need to take it to the dealership and they will send out another appraiser to look at the vehicle. Its been two weeks that I have been without a car and still the insurance company is taking their time and not being helpful. After experiencing how the UAIG team works I will no longer do business with them and dont recommend them to anyone.

United Automobile Insurance Company [UAIC] - stolen vehicle

My vehicle was stolen from in front of my house on 05-11-2009. I contacted my local office in Plano, TX spoke to a Melinda, Tammy and Jennifer on the phone with a conversation today with a Christine. It seems to me like many others out their that this Insurance group does not believe in helping their customers but rather treat them like their not important to their bottom line. I have just gotten the run around with them and its costing me more than they like to believe. Good hard lesson learned. Full coverage should have at least had covered the recovery and damages but by Christine at UAIG they are not paying anything due to the amount is under deductible amount. GEEEZ were do they get off.

United Automobile Insurance Company [UAIC] - worst insurance company!!

I was in a wreck October 23, 2008. At a stop light a car rear ended me hitting me into another car in front of me and then instead of hitting the brakes, the car behind me hit me again -TOTALLING my suv! Of course the person behind me had United Automobile Insurance and as you can imagine it is now February 15, 2009 and i am still waiting for my settlement check and my bodily injury check! The first month of my claim the Insurance company never contacted me and when we did finally get ahold of them they refused to take liability even though in the police report the car behind me admitted to hitting us and that they were not even paying attentin when the wreck occured! So UAI finally started to process our claim and told the body shop to go ahead and try to fix my car when the body shop originally told me it was beyond repair. Now UAI is trying to say that I told the body shop to start repairing my car. Even the body shop is arguing that I didnt tell them to start working on the car and that UAI told them to. The total damages to my car total over $8, 000 but they only want to give us half of that and give the other half to the body shop. I even got my insurance company (Allstate) involved and they got me a rental car for a month because UAI wouldnt pay for me a rental car. When discussing that I deserve the full amount my car is worth the woman that was in charge of my claim (Erica Subberath/Subberuth (check spelling for last name) starting laughing and cussing to my step father over the phone (the car was in his name). My mother contacted the Texas Board of Insurers and gave them our complaint and when United Automobile Insurance got contacted about it they completely lied about every detail of the claim and said that it was us that wasnt returning their phone calls and dragging our feet trying to resolve the claim! The body injury claim guy (Richard Green) that we were dealing with didnt call me for two and half months after the wreck. I was taken away in an ambulance from the wreck and they had no idea if i was alright or not, dead or alive.. and didnt seem too worried about finding out. I didnt have any broken bones or anything but it did keep me from working at my job for two weeks which is a big cut in my income being an independent college student. I had to have help getting up out of bed or getting into bed, standing up, getting dressed, etc.. because my body was so badly bruised and whiplashed. I FINALLY got my statement recorded with him two weeks ago on a monday which i was assured that i would hear back from Mr. Green at the end of the week but still, two weeks later going on three, have no heard back. I have left countless messages on Mr. Greens voicemail to contact me as soon as him can but still have heard nothing back.

We are finally going through our own insurance (Allstate) and they are going to take my car and giving me the full $8, 000 for the car, therefore United Automobile is going to have to pay the body shop whatever they owe them and still give me my bodily injury check.

If you have to deal with this company my heart goes out to you and buy lots of advil and maybe take up boxing or something to get all your anger out after having to talk to these incompetent claim adjusters!!

Its going on four months now and im praying i dont have to deal with these people ever again! Please stay away from United Automobile Insurance!!!

My daughter was recently rear-ended in July 2010 by a driver that had absolutely no driver's license. There were no injuries and its apparent that the accident was the other driver's fault. I had my daughter call the police and make an accident report because I know all too well that driver's will lie about the facts of what actually occurred. Yes, he was issued a citation, but the owner of the vehicle had UAI. I had never heard of this company before at all however; I now know why. I have had the most difficult time dealing with this insurance company. The represenatives are unprofessional procrastinators with no effective communication. After a several weeks had passed, I contacted my claims adjuster (Maria Reyes) while on Military Duty. She explained to me that she wanted me to complete forms that she sent via mail with the self-addressed stamp and envelope. Needless to say, there was not a self-addressed stamp or envelope in the mailed correspondence and most of the information that is requested on the form was detailed on the accident report. I was to receive a self address stamp and envelope in a few days. It has been almost a month and nothing has been received via mail. She has since indicated via telephone that the claim would more than likely not be paid due to the fact that the (non-license) driver was not a driver on the policy after an adjuster had already come out to analyze the damages. I didn't have the opportunity to meet the adjustor (Amanda Castillo), but my daughter stated that she didn't say one word while analyzing the cost of the damages. She gave her a quote and left. However, the claims adjuster (Maria Reyes) was very rude. It's very ironic that the professionalism is unacceptable, expecially when I received a letter from the company stating the following: "This letter serves as acknowledgement of your claim. We look forward to resolving the claim in a prompt and equitable manner." Although I have turned all the investigating over to my insurance company (USAA), I will file a lawsuit against the owner of the vehicle too, especially if I have to pay for my own repairs using my insurance. In addition, I'm filing accomplaint with the Texas Board of Insurers, BBB, will notify the media, and writing a letter to my Govenor because something should be done regarding this insurance company. A class action lawsuit wouldn't be a bad deal.

I am soooo glad to have read these complaints and comments. I too am having to deal with UAI. It is now July, and I placed a claim with them back in April. The adjustor also took 2-1/2 months to even pick up the phone to call me! I sent the adjustor (Sherri Lopez), several faxes with supporting documents of every piece of paper I thought she might need. Now she's asking for another piece of paper that I have no control over, and said that I should have been aware of it back in April. They are soooo full of crap! They drag out and prolong settling their claims. There is one professional rep there (Todd Hawkins), who quickly handled his end of the claim, and settled within a month of the origination date. Whenever I call to speak to Ms. Lopez's supervisor, she immediately picks up the phone. Huh! She won't even return a phone call from any messages I leave for her, but she'll pick up instantly upon asking for a supervisor or her manager. I totally agree that UAI SUCKS, and I also hope to NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN! How can the Texas Auto Insurance Board allow them to keep their licenses to operate in this state? Totally unprofessional, lacking in attention to details, and they prolong their lawful responsibility to address these claims in a timely manner. When I last spoke to Ms. Lopez, she told me I may have to wait until July 26th before she can give me an answer or even discuss settlement, in lieu of the fact that I submitted all documents to her by early May. I even have doctors calling me requesting settlement of the bills, and they have spoken to UAI directly to no avail. How pompous can you get?

If anyone has any idea as to how to expedite dealing with these people, PLEASE ADVISE! They are simply a joke and should not be in business!!

Yes I had a problem with somebody that had UAI company as they insurer, this happen a month ago and my case looks like is going to go for months.They already inspected my car and said that it's a total loss when a local body shop it's telling me it's not .And seems that every time I try to get an update they are missing another poece of paperwork either from me or their insured.This really sucks!!!

I was rear ended at a red light also. I was dead stopped and the first at the light. The man who hit me could not speak english. I called his insurance company, received a claim number, and an appointment for an estimate - the cops were not called as my truck was only scratched - but the estimate was $750. The adjuster did not call me for weeks - when he did, he denied my claim saying that i put my truck in reverse at the red light and backed into his client. I happened to have eye witnesses - they refused to contact becauese they work in the same building - the accident happened less than a mile from my office at lunch time. I was lucky that people i knew saw it happen.

I have filed complaints with TDI, BBB, TDI Fraud investigation, and ICE. I am not stopping - something criminal is happening here.

United Automobile Insurance Company [UAIC] - lies about prem. payment

My name is Lynda Baxter and I reside in Dallas, Texas.I took out a policy with United Automobile Insurance in June of 2008. I am sick of receiving late notices about my premium, because I have always paid and it is not my fault that the agent that is used by this company is too sorry to get my payment posted in time. I am being jacked by the fact that the company stated that enclosed is my insurance card but it is not good until the payment has been made. Had they been industrious enough to check they would have found out that I made my payment on 12-20-08. I do not appreciate being treatened, so as soon as I can I will invest in another insurance company, where my busines is appreciated and you look before you leap and start bumping your D-M gums. Should you be interested in contacting me you can call me at [protected] !!! Angrily submitted Lynda Baxter.

All the Victims of United Automobile Insurance Company and Richard Parrillo are invited to participate In a website dedicated to halting this fraud You can also place your name on a potential class action lawsuit http://richardparrillocomplaints.com RichardParrilloComplaints.com

Hi my name is Latara Thompson. I recently purchased United Automobile Insurance do to I was in process of buying a car. Do to the dealer went up on the price, I decided not to get the car and no longer get the UAI insurance. I put down 380.00 for the insurance, the dealer gave me a letter which indicated that I did not take ownership of the car (which was faxed to UAI). Its has been 1 month now and still they have not refunded my money. Everytime I call they say wait 7 to 10 days. I am so tired, now they wont even speak with me, and the agent say its nothing he can do. I dont know what to do. I am a single mother with bills and its sad that they would rob me of 380.00 for coverage of no car. Can someone advise me of what next step to take, cause I cant afford a lawyer and I need my money. I even have all my reciepts. They will never get my buisness again and not at all will I advise anyone to use them for even a hooptie.

My Names Yvette Sanchez And I Have Had Auto Mobile Insurance And Im Sorry To Say That Ive Had This Insurance For 5Months Now And Its Not Good At All The Payments Are Never Posted On Time And The People In The Offices Especially At This Location Are Rude One Time They Closed There Office For 3Hours Ans Stated They Were On Lunch So My Payment Was Late Which Was Un Reasonable I Fell Like I Can Find A Way Better Company Which Is Why I Cancelled My Policy Here There Not Sum One Id Recomend To Even Insure ANYONE Im Sorry But Yall Need To Get Better Employess That Are Willing To Help Not Sit There And Just Be Lazy & Rude.

My name is Mirna Moreno and I reside in Florida. I took out a policy with United Automobile Insurance in January 2009, and I cancelled it in March 2009. My agent never told me that if I cancel my policy, they will take 10% of the total of the policy. So now I have to pay more than $300 (and I loose my down payment of $260) just for the reason that I cancelled my policy with UAI. If you want to insure your car, you better go whit a company that doesn't penalize you for cancelling your policy, and send the money of your down payment automatically to you, as Progressive does. I feel United Automobile Insurance has stolen my money.

United Automobile Insurance Company [UAIC] - bad service

Customer service is non-existant. The claims office nearest me closes earlier than they advertise, so one must play a cat and mouse game to get service. If one office closes because of inclement weather, how are their policy holder supposed to get in touch in the event of an emergency? My car was damaged 2.5 months ago and the place it's being repaired at is holding it hostage until they receive payment. Have tried numerous times to get my adjuster and the repair center contact on the same page, but hell for all I know they may be conspiring together. I call one get information, I'm told to contact the other person and vice versa, I'm the ###ING CUSTOMER, why the hell should it be my responsibility to do you ###ing work. If anyone is thinking about this company for insurance KEEP MOVING and if you already have them, CANCEL YOUR POLICY ASAP. It's not worth the headache.

The same old lady ISABELLA!!! i have dealt with ...my name is Ernst after a short notice from UAIG i mist paying my insurance by 5pm on a Saturday by Monday i went back to the office my insurance had Ben cansled. usually they let you reinstated it she said they don't do that no more ..she told me i had to get new insurance i told her but my policy is brand new this is my second payment. she said you have no coverage at the moment Ernst!!! so i started a new policy dishing out $389.00 even though I'm feeling like A JERK I'm getting robbed..then she said to me Ernst policy price went up a little bit but don't worry about it, when i got home i started reading the papers the policy went from $125.00 a month to $195.00 $70 more monthly and a whopping $850.00 more then the previous policy ...what kind of insurance company does this kind of ripoff and gets away with it its straight up robbery ...i called them up and try to reason with her (Isabella) she yell at me too!!! she told me every insurance company went up Ernst!!!, and that was a lie because the first company i called gave me a rate better rate then my previous policy .. i call her again she told me she was busy with other customers she put me on hold and never came back ..i called again she answer the phone and told me Ernst if you cancel with UAIG they going to keep your new down payment ...i told her they can keep the down payment I'd be a bigger jerk to keep paying for this policy <<<UAIG ARE CROOKS>>> I WILL GIVE THEM MY POLICY.. ONE YEAR OF STRAIGHT BAD PROMOTION AND I WILL STAND NEAR THERE OFFICES TO WARN CUSTOMERS

My experience with UAIG was the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced from any company ever, and that is not the worst part of my experience with this company. First off I was everything, but cursed out when I simply ask for a proof of auto insurance card by Isabelle, who would not give her last name. This incident took place on 12/11/10 at approximately 11:30 a.m., and ended up so badly, I immediately cancelled my insurance with UAIG, and did a stop payment of the eft draft from my bank. Which at the time I thought was obviously the right choice, but boy didn't that turn out to be a big misconception. On 12/16/10 UAIG still went in my account, and attempted to take the payment out of my account. This was of course interrupted by the stop payment that was placed, but to my disbelief UAIG did not stop there. On 12/17/10 UAIG went back into my account, raising the dollar amount on the payment. This allowed them to avoid the stop payment, and draft the funds from my account. So feeling as though, I had just been the victim of a cyber bank robbery. I immediately contacted my bank via telephone, and explained what had happened in its entirety. My bank advised me to come into the branch, so I could be further assisted. Once at the bank, I brought a banker up to speed on the incident in its entirety. The banker then asked me to get an UAIG agent on the phone. I assumed so the banker could get the other side of the story, as well as to see what procedures could be taken from this point. Once the agent was on the phone, the banker and UAIG agent begin to speak on the unauthorized banking draft. Approximately two minutes into the conversation between the banker and UAIG agent, the banker stated, "ma'am please calm down, you don't have to curse nor yell at me. I'm only trying to see where do we go from here, " to the UAIG agent. It wasn't until the banker explained to the UAIG agent that the bank would be making a claim against there company, that the agent appeared to calm down. Then the UAIG agent begin to explain, how it was everyones else fought this incident had happened except for UAIG's. The banker advised the agent that companies do this type of manipulation to the stop payment system all the time, because they know if they raise the price by even one cent more it will allow them access to the funds. Immediately following this the UAIG agent asked the banker to place me on the phone. Once I was on the phone the agent asked me to get a copy of the bank draft, a proof of my new insurance, and proof of cancelation, then have it faxed it to them, and it would be taken care of. Well today is 12/22/10, and it still isn't taken care of. However the UAIG proof of insurance, which I no longer need showed up in the mail on 12/21/10. So I guess in short UAIG is saying Merry Christmas Too Me in the UAIG way. However the bank has filed a claim. So I am eagerly waiting to see the outcome of there findings.

Agree 100% here's my story and complaint i wrote to the Texas department of insurance regarding insurance fraud tht i experineced with UAIG.
Do not use UAIG for any insurance service because they dont give a ### about customer service they just want your money and when you have a claim they have nothing to do with it. I cant even begin to explain the frustrations i faced when i called the number of my insurance adjustor only to find out that his mailbox was full. Avoid UAIG at all cost.

To Texas Department of Insurance
April 23, 2007, In response to Mr. Fred K. Harvey’s letter:
First of all I would like to begin by informing Mr. Harvey that my case file was not promptly setup. When I called United Auto Insurance Group (UAIG) to report my case I spoke to a Marlene. She noted all my information and told me that my claims adjuster was a Mr. Blaine Rozek. I contacted Mr. Rozek like I was supposed to, and he told me to email him pictures and supporting documents regarding my case which I did as per his request. Nearly a week later I received a message from Marlene the customer representative that she had made a mistake and filed my case in the wrong category and that my new claims adjuster was a Mr. Jose Salfedo. Now as you can clearly see almost a week was wasted because of the carelessness of their customer representative. Next I called Mr. Salfedo numerous times until finally getting a hold of him. First he told me I need to send him pictures and supporting documents to which I told him that I had already sent Mr. Rozek everything. Not only this i found this very awkward that the first few times I spoke to Mr. Salfedo he was clueless of who I was and told me that he does not have any picture or documents pertaining to my case, and then after arguing he would acknowledge that he does have them. The reason I am mentioning this is to show how UAIG has been wasting my time instead of working on my case. As Mr. Harvey says that I reported the case on 3-8-"2006" and he spoke to the insured on 3-23-"2006" you can clearly see in the letter how careless, unprofessional, and incompetent UAIG is that they don’t even know that we are currently in the year 2007. And also I would like to inform Mr. Harvey that I called and reported the case on 3/5/07 not on 3/8/"06" as he claims. My loss occurred on 3/3/2007 why would I wait for so many days in reporting the case. The reason that Mr. Harvey thinks that I reported the case on 3/8/2007 is probably because Marlene the customer representative had made an error in filing my case in the correct category. I can provide written proof that I reported the case on the following Monday 3/5/2007 because I went to my neighboring insurance company and the owner of the place helped me place the call. So I believe Mr. Harvey has got his facts not only wrong but they are not even in the right year.

Anyways continuing to what Mr. Harvey says about "sending an appraiser out to inspect the property only to find that most of the property damage had already been repaired". I am not sure what Mr. Harvey was expecting. I mean the appraiser came by like a week after the accident occurred so was Mr. Harvey expecting that I leave all the damage out for a week so the appraiser can inspect it. What Mr. Harvey does not realize is that this is not an auto-auto accident. This is a business and every day that I have to keep our store closed or every day that I go without window advertising I lose money. That is why the day the accident happened I had to call someone to come and board up the place so I could open up the next day and resume business. And as Mr. Harvey says that I have "handwritten receipts" I am not sure what he is expecting. Is the repair guy supposed to carry a computer and printer in his car so he can print out receipt? It was an on the spot job so the receipt was made on the spot. Furthermore all receipts or invoices have telephone numbers on them so if the insurance company has any questions that need to be addressed they are free to call the respective companies.

Mr. Harvey states in his letter that "we spoke to Mr. Qureshi and explained that this was not sufficient and we needed an invoice or receipt". I sent Mr. Salfedo (the claims adjuster) all the invoices that he requested. Mr. Salfedo called me and said the weirdest thing I have ever heard in my life. He said regarding the$4000 door and window invoice that "what you have sent me is an invoice, it is not a receipt". I believe that a receipt or invoice is the same thing. We argued for like 15 minutes but Mr. Salfedo could not clarify for me what he meant when he said that "what you have sent me is an invoice not a receipt". So anyways to clear this I am attaching an additional copy of the invoice and as you can clearly see on the top right corner it says "INVOICE" I have even circled it so Mr. Salfedo and Mr. Harvey can easily spot it. Also Mr. Salfedo told me every time I called to check up on the status of the case that the case is under investigation. I mean this should be an open and shut case there should not be these pointless delays. The driver insured by UAIG ran his vehicle into my store, he has called the insurance company and acknowledged that he has ran into the store, the police report clearly says that the driver ran his vehicle into the store. So what more is there to investigate? What is UAIG investigating on?

Mr. Harvey states in his letter that "It is very unusual for a business to pay $4000.00 in losses in cash as every business usually documents it's expenses". I believe how I pay for my losses is my personal matter. The door of a business in my opinion is the most important part of a business because if there is no door or if instead of a door there is a wooden boarded up front to the store no one would want to come in. Additionally if the insurance company wanted me to pay by a different method then they should have told me when I spoke to them. In our many conversations no one mentioned to me that I should pay by credit card or by check. Furthermore I do believe to the best of my knowledge that I have tried to document everything the best I could but still I am new at this. It is not every day that someone drives into my place of business; this would be a first for me. Additionally we are not here to discuss what "usually" happens and what is "unusual". It is "unusual" for a guy to run his vehicle into a store but it happened. "usually" when someone does damage to someone else he/she is supposed to pay for it. And also "usually" when the police report says that the driver is at fault then the insurance company should not be conducting their personal investigations.

Mr. Harvey also states in his letter that "We are reviewing the glass bill with another company to verify the reasonableness of the repair cost" I believe it is a little too late to verify the reasonableness of the repair cost because now that we have paid $4000 we demand that we be reimbursed $4000.
Mr. Harvey also states in his letter that "We are also completing our own estimate on the carpet and wall painting so this can be paid at the same time". Mr. Harvey obviously does not know that the walls need more then paint. There are gaping holes in the walls that need to be repaired before it is painted. And even so how long does it take to get an estimate. It has been well over a month still the insurance company has not been able to get an estimate. I can get an estimate in 15 minutes by making a few phone calls from the local greensheet.

I would like to comment on the appraiser’s behavior and attitude when he visited my business on the two occasions. The first time he visited he came inside took about 4 or 5 pictures and was done in about 2 minutes. I stopped him and said is that it? are you only going to take 4-5 pictures. He said yeah that’s all they told me to do. So I said well we have cleaned the place since the accident so these pictures that you are taking won’t really explain a lot. I then showed him pictures that I had taken on the day of the accident and he started taking pictures of my pictures. I thought this was ridiculous because I had already sent them these pictures so why is the appraiser taking pictures of my pictures. I urged him to stay and take more pictures of the cabinets and the pieces of glass lying around in certain places etc. but it seemed he was in a hurry so he left. So this is why I believe that Mr. Harvey thinks that "the property damage has already been repaired" because the appraiser failed to take pictures of everything like he was supposed to. Also this is the reason they had to resend the appraiser a second time which was about a month later. If the appraiser would have done his job correct the first time there would be no need for him to come a second time. Anyways the second time the appraiser was there he asked said some idiotic things and asked some ###ic questions such as, "where is the glass", "I don’t see any glass anywhere" was the appraiser expecting that I save the pieces of glass somewhere for him so he could come by a month later and inspect it. This is a place of business I cannot wait months for the insurance company to come and inspect. If they wanted to inspect everything they should either have come the day of the accident or the following Monday.
United Auto is not only handling my case with such disrespect, but many of my customers and close acquaintances tell me that UAIG is a terrible insurance company and they always handle cases like this. Our next door business neighbor Mr. Sal Ortiz who is a highly decorated Allstate insurance agent also tells me that UAIG is one of the worst companies that he has ever dealt with. Surprisingly even Mr. Sergio Forbes (the driver who ran into my store with his vehicle) upon his visit was surprised to see that the insurance company had still not settled the case. He said that he would go home and call the insurance company again and ask them what is taking so long.
After reading Mr. Harvey’s letter I am very disappointed with his response and his lies, and I must disagree with Mr. Harvey completely. Mr. Harvey states "This claim was handled properly any delays have been due to the alleged cash payments involved" I would like to remind Mr. Harvey that according to UAIG the claim is still being processed so it would be incorrect to say that the claim WAS handled properly. And again since the insurance company did not tell me to pay by check or by credit card or by any other means they have no further right to hold me responsible for paying in cash. So far everything that Mr. Harvey has said in his letter is not only incorrect but is lies. I believe that my claim is not being handled properly and any delays are due to the negligence of the insurance company.

K
Aug 22, 2008

United Automobile Insurance Company [UAIC] - will not honor claim

August 23, 2008 RE: Claim [protected] United Automobile Insurance Company July 19, 2008, I was pumping gas at Valero Gas Station located on the corner of John West and La Prada Road...

1 2 3