Uhaul / Mark's Auto Repair - Appleton, Wisconsin / I will never rent a uhaul again!
My husband and I rented a Uhaul truck to move about 25 miles on a Sunday. About 3 hours into having the truck, we noticed that a rear tire was flat. (We had been loading the truck during this time, so we did not notice it right away.) We stopped at numerous gas stations and put several miles on the truck looking for a suitable air compressor to put try to inflate the tire. We had to search through several service stations and even tried to get help at tires repair stations, but they were closed because it was Sunday. In the station where we finally found an air compressor that wasn't out of order, we noticed that there was a large gash in the tire, and that simply adding air would not help. My husband bought a can of fix a flat, but this did not fix the problem. I feel that because for the size of the gash, the people that rented this truck to us had to have known it was there.
We now knew that we would have to try and make the move with the tire we had. It was nerve racking, but we made it. I felt that we should have received a discount for the lost time, frustration, and miles we put on the truck trying to get the tire fixed. I called Mark's Auto Repair on Monday and they told me we could only get reimbursed for the fix a flat if we bought in a receipt. I was given a national Uhaul number to call, but this turned out to be the wrong number and I had to make a third call. I was told at the regional office that I could not get a discount because I did not call the Hotline DURING the move. I didn't know we had to complain DURING the move if we wanted a discount-obviously they don't care about keeping customers happy.
I was not impressed and will never rent a Uhaul again.
More Uhaul / Mark's Auto Repair - Appleton, Wisconsin Complaints & Reviews
- Uhaul - refuel policy unfair to the consumer 
- U-Haul - traffic ticket fee 
- Uhaul - scam charges 
- Movinghelp.com Partnered With U-haul - flawed review system do not trust it! 
- Uhaul - truck rental 
- U Haul - self storage / customer service over phone
- U-Haul International - customer service at 12804 50th st. edmonton alberta canada
- U-haul Truck Rental - unauthorized credit card charges/scam/ripoff/
- U-Haul International - faulty wiring in tow hitch
- U-Haul International - my name is lou ann vlahovic 3150 birch circle whitehall pa 18052