U-Haul / early drop off no reinbursment

1 WI, United States

I reserved a 14' moving truck for pick up on 9/18/10 and drop off on 9/20/10 through U-Hauls website: www.uhaul.com. When we got to the pick up site in Dodgeville Wi I asked if we did not need the truck on Sunday/Monday could I drop the truck off early and get a refund for the days I did not use it. I was told by JoAnn at the pick up location (dropping off in La Crosse Wi) that yes they would adjust the amount automatically from my CC. I dropped off the truck on Sunday 9/19/10 at the Feista Ct location in La Crosse--of course it was not open so I wrote down what day and time I brought it back and asked for the refund of the extra day. On Monday, 9/20/10, I called the La Crosse location to verify that there would be a refund for the one day, of course I was told no by this dealer. I then proceeded to contact U-Haul's customer service, which was a joke. I spoke with a Mark in customer service, he was nice but not willing to do anything about it. I had to open up a review case so that they could check into it but no garuntee that anything would be done. He gave me some song and dance aobut how the reservation was for 2 days and to bring back early would not constitue for a refund. I have now reported U-Haul to the Better Business Bureau and will no longer rent from them. I will give them the garuntee that I will be spreading my story to others. Just maybe by word of mouth by unhappy customers they will get the picture that they have a long way to go with working with customers.

Cm