U-Haul / customer service from hell

1 CHICAGO, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 773-862-6185

I went online to order a truck, then I got a call the next day, saying he only had one available at 3:30 in the afternoon, my storage unit closes at 5, at the other end of the city.
So I said, no that won't work, can you put me on a list in case someone cancells, he said no, I asked to speak to a supervisor, he said he was the supervisor.
I said can I speak to your boss, he said I am the boss,
I told him I wanted to speak to his supervisor,

He told me he was the owner of uhaul.

Bottom line rude, stupid, and not good for business,

In these rough economic times, I am not spending any money with a company that takes your money and gives you low class service, if at all.

I will never use them again
By the way budget rental did it right away over the phone.

So forget their website, its a lie
It just prints out a report to some dealers, and someone is assigned to call you back. This guy told me no other location in the city had them either.
Right...

So budget is my new best friend.
And u-haul sucks. Do not do business with them, unless you want to get screwed and be spoken to by a rude man,

Wi

Comments

• Bu
      26th of Sep, 2009

First off, there is no list to be put on in case some cancels. I would imagine that this was a weekend rental? Weekends book up fast and that is probably the only time he had available to rent the truck. I do it every weekend and most if not all of the 4 locations in my city are booked. You want to know why Budget had trucks available? Because no one uses them. Their prices are higher than U Hauls and most of them are trying to get out of the truck renting business and concentrate on the car rental business.