TXU Energy / scam billing

1 Houston, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 281-492-0806

We are retired and just about as frugal as you can get. Don't use a dishwasher...don't use a clothes dryer...so far this year have only used our a c about 5hrs TOTAL!!! Our Kwh's have skyrocketed in the past 3 yrs since we went with t x u.

The numbers are so ridiculous they should be criminal. We have tracked our kwh's thru the years and we are being billed over 3oo% of our historical use even tho our usage today should be less. There are no kids at home and we travel and aren't here full time like we used to be.

Also they claim the meter was estimated when saw the person read it...etc. There has to be something going on with the meter...it is running fast or being tampered with. They just threaten a $200 cancellation fee if we cancel and so far have not attempted to do anything about it. Also are charging us 17.3 rate altho they advertize much less. Who could know however as there are so many hidden fees and complicated billing.

Plan to contact the commission. We are being robbed and fear they will get away with it!!!

Jo

Comments

1st of Dec, 2008

TXU Energy came out after Hurricane Ike and said it would under estimate all accounts in order to help its customers through the tough times of recovery. The follow month the added all the kws that they didn't charge for to the October billing period. We all know that when you consume more energy you get put in higher charged bracket. Well my 690 sq dt apartment cost me $330 which included a $179 fuel adjustment charge.

I will be submitting a complaint and I will be changing services.

• Lo
      10th of Aug, 2009

TXU is ridiculous, plain and simple. They have sent me two high bills since I moved into my home. I never use the dishwasher, I have one flourescent energy saving bulb in each room of the house. I barely turn the lights on at night and before I go to bed I unplug my computer and other appliances. The thing that really gets me is the ridiculously high electric bills on a home that uses gas to heat up the water tank and for the air conditioning. It's crazy to me that my bill was $300.00 this month and I was barely home because of summer vacation. But the most shocking thing to me was when I spoke to customer rep for TXU and she had the audacity to ask me where my meters were located at. Now call me crazy but if a meter reader goes out to read my meter every month wouldn't they already know where my meter is located? Hmmmmm.
    Lourdes Ballard In Texas

• Ca
      5th of Jul, 2011

TXU Energy is located within the John Adam St Gang in London. Many institutions in this area have been taken to court. This includes the Cookson Group, Smith and Nephew, Clive Parritt of the Business Exchange. Paul Marshall of Marshall Wace hedge fund (also a trustee at ARK, Absolute return for Kids) has two separate identities at the Charity Commision (England and Wales). Google 'John Adam St Gang' for more on this.