Truworths / poor customer service

1 Truworths Cape Gate, South Africa

This is probably a futile exercise as I am sure no much will be done through this platform, but anyway. Yesterday, 3 Feb 2019, I went to Truworths Cape Gate to pay my account. Being the first weekend of the month after a very long January one would expect to have all staff manning tills etc. However the queue was about 15 people deep and there were two people manning the tills. I went to the make up section to as the assistant to if I could pay my account she was busy applying HER OWN make-up and did not even look up from the mirror but told me, while looking at her reflection, that she cannot operate the till and all payments need to be made at the main area. She didn't even bother asking if I needed any assistance regarding make-up. I then went to the men's section and the assistant told me she too was not allowed to operate the till. At this point I asked to see the manager and was told it was the managers day off. The supervisor was called and I explained my situation to him, he confirmed that neither of the other departments may use the till. I asked why not and he said it was because the staff weren't trained - well I could clearly see that! I asked him to call the manager at which stage he walked off laughing.

I can not recall once going into Truworths Cape Gate at walking out satisfied with the service.

Please feel free to e-mail me at brenda.[protected]@gmail.com

Br