Tripmate / non payment
We bought Trip Mate insurance from Melrose Travel in Philadelphia in good faith and we cannot understand Trip Mate's ongoing dissembling, use of long paragraphs of ‘boilerplate’ in their communications and general attempts to confuse the issue.
(We are now on our fourth round of letters to them spanning ten months.)
We filed a claim with them in June of 2007 when United Airlines cancelled our flight. Now, in April of 2008 they continue to counter our repeatedly submitted statements of fact with dissembling stating that the flight for which we were booked and which was cancelled (we submitted our boarding passes) did not originate in Pittsburgh, even though Pittsburgh is listed LARGE on the Boarding Pass.
Our facts, our laboriously assembled receipts and our documentation and requests are answered by letters from Trip Mate that address none of the issues. They only seek to confound and discourage an attempt to collect on our claim.
In my opinion they are highly unethical. Terrible, just terrible. Don't buy insurance from them unless you want to find yourself involved in months and months of fruitless correspondence and travail. We have reported them to the Kansas City BBB (Missouri), The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Insurance Department and - now - TO YOU!
They do business as Travel Safe, Trip Mate and Stonebridge - BEWARE!!!
If you have an outstanding problem with them, please let us know. They must be stopped.
More Tripmate Complaints & Reviews
- Trip Mate Travel Insurance - refused refund 
- Trip Mate Travel Insurance - trip mate travel insurance requires the impossible 
- Tripmate - fraud 
- Tripmate - travel insurance fraud 
- Trip Mate, Inc. - trip cancellation 
- Trip Mate - worst travel insurance ever!!!
- Trip Mate - travel insurance
- Trip Mate Insurance - travel insurance
- Trip Mate - insurance claim 
- Tripmate Insurance - returning a copa round trip cost; from venezuela to lax due to international mess