Having problems with Trip Mate?

Trip Mate reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 31, 2008. The latest review Trip Protection Plan was posted on Apr 7, 2021. The latest complaint still waiting on voucher was resolved on Oct 21, 2014. Trip Mate has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 53 reviews. Trip Mate has resolved 8 complaints.

Trip Mate Customer Service Contacts

9225 Ward Parkway
Kansas City, Missouri

Trip Mate Complaints & Reviews

Trip MateTrip Protection Plan

Its horrible experience I ever have dealing with that company.In my opinion its not a business-its a pure SCAM.Their are keeping asking me questions, assining some one to work on my case, but nothing ever been done.Simple scenario when TRIP Mate showing on the front page of the contract for trip delay/Interruption will pay flat $200, but their pay me nothing. After I made complain to BBB, their respond back that will not pay me at all.DONT spend a dime for what that company offering to you, its a SCAM.

Trip MateClaim denied

I purchased the insurance for a trip in Aug. 2020 to Alaska. My accommodations and rental car were cancelled due to Covid. Alaska still has a travel mandate in effect that requires a 14 day quarantine upon arrival or until virus test results are completed. Tripmate policy states that a quarantine is grounds for refund. I suppose they are now trying to change the wording of the policy to suit them. There are certainly no guarantees that we would even be able to travel there next summer due to the mandate in Alaska, if given a credit to use for 1 year. My Trip Mate claim # 6962739 Denise Trone

TripmateRefusal to pay benefits for a trip that was cancelled because of Covid-19

Trip Mate claims that I had received payment from airline for cancelled trip. Airline did not offer cash refund but instead offered a voucher for future travel. This is unacceptable because of age and certain other health risks that make travel unsafe.Moreover, the voucher has to be used by May 31, 2021 and we may not be able to travel then. The travel protection plan was purchased on July 9, 2019, long before the Covid -19 was known about. Cosmos refunded the land portion of the trip but Iberia(airline) refused to give a cash refund. One would have thought that the travel insurance would have covered the airfare.

• He
          Helene11 Sep 10, 2020

I also am going through pretty much the same thing. I hope there is a class action against them.
          I also will not be going back to a Sandals all inclusive, because they sold us the Tripmate Insurance.
          They are not owning up to covering the fraudulent insurance expenses that they sold us.

Aug 04, 2020

Trip Mate — Denied claim

I submitted a claim for reimbursement to TripMate of my deposit for a trip July 4-9, 2020, to the Dominican...

Jul 17, 2020

Trip Mate — Refund of flight

I purchased the trip insurance and had to cancel the flight, they have denied refund of purchase. What is my...

Apr 23, 2020

Trip Mate — Travel insurance

To all the consumers who are having to deal with Trip Mate, I feel your frustration and absolute disgust with...

Trip MateInsurance

Scam and fraud all I can say. Don't waste your money. They will find any excuse not to give you a refund. My trip was insured, my baggage was insured. I arrived to the destination. My baggage was delayed as it wasn't transferred from overseas by the airline. Did not have my bags for 2 days. Insurance refused to give refund explaining that my trip was over when I lended...well...
        Don't waste your money. They won't refund you anything!

Insurance

Trip MateTrip insurance

Submitted a claim in August and they continually tell us that they still need additional information. You call a supervisor (which is useless) and they say they have the information and the claim is being processed. Over 7 supervisors and no refund. They will be hearing from attorney if this is not resolved. I wish there was a class action lawsuit against them

Sep 25, 2019

Trip Mate — Insurance for flight

We already submitted all the documents you require and still you make us wait for the rest of our life. I...

Trip MateGetting the runaround

My wife and i, had to cancel our hawaii trip due to an unexpected illness at the airport on the day of departure. My wife was treated by dr. S at a hospital. We filed a claim, with trip mate, submitted all required documentation. Now we are getting unreasonable reasons after more than three months as to. Why they have not re-imbursed us.
            We will sue. We will publish as wide as possible the sham that this allege trip insurance is.
            It is probably better to take the risk of no insurance than to get bamboozled by the crooks.

Trip MateRefund

Dear TripMate:
              On May 5th, 2019 at 3:16pm I purchased your travel insurance as part of a reservation with Atlantis Paradise.com. Not one hour later on same day at 4:10pm i cancelled my reservation. It was then that i was informed your travel insurance was non-refundable.

I was vascillating whether or not to purchase the travel insurance with the agent i was placing the reservation with (Charmaine?) and she never once shared the information that it would be non-refundable. When i brought that non provided info to the attention of the agent who took my cancellation request she pretty much said it ddnt matter and "everyone knows" travel insurance is non-refundable.

well, as a 70 year old woman who's experience in travelling is deminimus...i sure as heck ddnt know!

So, I'm requesting a refund. I cant believe you dont have a "cool down" period of at least 3 days like any other contract. Please advise.

Thankyou in advance for your efforts on my behalf.

vty, thomas s. dubowik
              conf#KP5NmOoJIAj37943
              booking #3003377
              credit card: #8123 Barclay

Trip MateTrip mate

We went on a family vacation in early march of 2019. We traveled by norwegian air on an overseas trip. Midway through our trip, every country grounded boeing 737 max 8 airliners. Our return trip was to be on one of those jets and so our return flight was altered. Two of our group were rerouted to fly out of london rather than edinburgh and were to fly into jfk rather that stewart (where our car was parked). Two were only rerouted to jfk. (same problem) although the airline agreed to provide vouchers for hotel and food, they did not provide the ground transportation to london from edinburgh nor did they provide the transportation necessary to get from jfk to stewart to retrieve our cars.
                We submitted documentation to trip mate for those expenses and were told that this trip interruption was not a covered expense. If not this, what would be a covered expense?! Well, things like hijackings, medical emergencies, zombie apocalypse! The things that you do cover are so unlikely as to be ridiculous.
                Claim numbers 6670026 and 6669999.
                You have plenty of documentation on file for these claim numbers

Trip MateTravel insurance

-I submitted all my documents on Nov. 22, 2018
                  -They love to say "Goal processing time is 30 days" but they know it will take longer
                  -TripMate keeps pushing date back with new random documents needed from the airline which they get within 12 hours of request (which they can then claim they restart the 30 days of processing)
                  -Try to call for updates but keep getting waitlisted or put on callback list (all automated, never can get a human on the line initially)
                  -Callbacks take 24 hours before they actually return calls (if they even return it)
                  -I finally get an echeck with a partial refund in March 2019.

Summary:
                  Do not use this company!!! Its a scam! No customer service! They just wait to see how long they can drag you along before you give up

Trip MateWorst travel insurance ever!!!

A TripMate claim starts with the assumption that I am a liar and trying to extort money from them. Good luck! I spent over 46 hours of my life I will never get back in trying to complete their complicated, ridiculous claim process. Ten of us went on a Viking cruise of a lifetime with our mother who was turning 80 during the trip. We bought the travel insurance. We thought we were covered when our trip started out delayed in Atlanta due to storms. Missed our connection to London, an extra 2 days we added to our trip then on to Paris for a river cruise. The extra 2 days was a "deviation" by Viking terms and was therefore "not covered". We lost over $1000/couple for hotel, transfers, and train from London to Paris. If you call TripMate prepare to wait for upwards of 20-30 minutes or if you leave a message for them to call you back (within 24 hours) and you're not available you have to start all over. Prepare to send in ALL your documentation, then resend and possibly re-resend a third time. Oh and each time you resend something, they restart the 30 day review for processing your claim. We sent in documentation for over $1600/couple for what we lost by not going to London plus the added expenses of an unplanned stay in Atlanta and trying to get to Paris. After 90 days they only paid $168/couple. Their business practices are very deceptive and unethical at the least. We were led to believe that our entire trip was covered by their exorbitant insurance premium. I honestly think they make the process so complex so you will just give up and say it's not worth it. Customer service and customer satisfaction are obviously not part of their vision statement or any guiding principles of their business.

Bottom line: DO NOT use TripMate!

Trip MateTravel insurance

Buyer Beware! This is a scam. We canceled our insurance 4 months in advance because of the Kilauea volcano daily eruptions. There are toxic fumes, vog and poisonous gases that you'd have to contend with. The company not only takes 120 days to investigate they deny your claim indicating that you'd have to live in uninhabitable areas. Their call center is always busy, callbacks are ridiculous and agents pass the buck. They are thieves to keep our money. Do not use this company.

Trip Mate Insurancetravel insurance

We purchased travel insurance on a ticket for my daughter for coming home to visit after deployment. We used Cheap o Air to book the ticket and purchased travel insurance as things can change in the Navy.
                        They did change and we scheduled a flight for a little later due to her responsibilities at her job. We filed her claim with all requested documentation. The ticket was purchased 5/9, it is now 8/18 and no word until I called to find out it was denied. They needed specifics of why...the US Navy gave them a letter saying it was work related. They are not going to give detailed specifics. So my 23 year old, serving our country, coming home from her 5th deployment was scammed.
                        Don't purchase Trip Mate, ask which company it will be through first. We didn't ask...lesson learned. Check Consumer complaints and reviews on Trip Mate. They are legendary.

Trip MateInsurance claim

My husband and I are both active duty military members (17 years) who planned and paid for a trip to Israel for 10 days beginning Feb 2018. The trip was fully paid about a year prior. We purchased everything including through the Travel Agent including who used Trip Mate. In Dec 2017, the security heightened Israel after the decision was made in regards to Israel's new capital (Jerusalem). We were denied our leave and restricted travel from the locations on our itinerary. We called and the young lady we spoke to advised us to send in a letter signed by our Commander that stated we could travel to that location but we also sent a copy of an email from the embassy that knew we were coming both states that US Military personnel were restricted from travel to the area. We sent all necessary paperwork in Feb. We've called and emailed at least five times since then and no one was able to find or give us a status of the claim until last week (May 30) we recieved a letter stating they denied the claim of over about $2700 per ticket. When we called and talked to another representative (Jeff) in claims, he said he could not help us at all and that we didn't have enough to make a claim but would not tell us what we needed. He also said that we could take it up with the appeals department and we will. There's no doubt in that but the fact that we have to keep going through the same process that we've been through since Jan/Feb is ridiculous. I won't stop until we find a resolution.

• Mi
                              MilitaryMomCali Aug 18, 2018

Possible class action:
                              [email protected]

• Mi
                              MilitaryMomCali Aug 18, 2018

My daughter was denied her claim too, after months. Her letter from as high up as she could go, on US Dept Of the Navy letterhead, with her name etc, signed. It explaining they had a change of scheduling that caused her to not be able to leave on the scheduled date. Denied, as the need more detail. Ummmm...that is about all she can get you.

Tell ever military website, forum, group to check before buying this bogus insurance. Contact Legal. Get the word out there.

Not going to let this company keep ripping off our military!

Tripmate Insurance — Returning a copa round trip cost; from venezuela to lax due to international mess

I too purchased TripMate insurance thinking that if anything happens I will be covered. The roundtrip ticket...

Trip Mate — trip mate travel insurance

On 8/26/2016 I submitted TripMate Claim ID 6228388 for a Beeches/Sandals trip where one of the four...

Tripmatetrip insurance

Don't ever buy an insurance plan with tripmate. We booked a trip to barbados thru sandals and bought the "cancel for any reason" insurance thru tripmate. We canceled our trip because of the three hurricanes in a row. Now we're getting the run-around from tripmate. Obviously they have no intention of making good on this insurance.
                            We have spoken to them so many times only to be told they need more information from us to show we were unable to fly and/or the resort was uninhabitable. We said the plan says "for any reason" so why do you need any information at all?
                            The reply was "oh, so you want to do the"for any reason"claim?" unbelievable. Do not ever buy this plan from them.
                            It is a scam!!! Please share this to everyone you know. Everyone needs to know this.
                            Departure 9/13/17