[Resolved] Travelgenio / personalized service

1 Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Review updated:

I recently purchased a flight ticket from OGG (Kahului, Maui, Hawaii) to PDX (Portland, Oregon) through Travelgenio online Platform. The reservation code is: HFKBRQ. I also purchased the Personalized Service Pack, which listed "extra and/or special luggage" as one of the many services. There was a white box to specify, where I typed just "1x 23 Kg Bag", and I was charged 20 euros immediately.

The following day I get an email from Travelgenio, telling me that they can't add the bag because the airline doesn't allow it online, just at the airport (paying more). I know for a fact this is not correct, because I have with me, the flight ticket from my partner, for the same exact flight (22/08/2018 departing 21.57 from Kahului), but purchased through a different portal (Kiwi), and with a checked 23 kg bag.

And so it begins a chain of never ending emails of Travelgenio repeating like a broken record, that I should read the Terms & Conditions, that the pack is only for "managing" what I'm requesting, which I understand.

My point is that I paid for an extra service, that I know the airline offers. Travelgenio immediately told me that they can't book it, that I need to pay extra at the airport, and that the money I paid through Travelgenio is not refundable. I am quickly starting to feel like a pretty undesired customer. I bought through Travelgenio many times before, through Skyscanner, because I've never had any issues. I find this issue quite simple, but a the same time quite a deal breaker if I don't get any sort of compensation: either the 20 euros back, or as simple as one 23 kg checked bag in my flight.

I'm attaching a photo from Kiwi, showing that adding a 23 kg bag is 100% possible as a user. The other photo shows the list of services listed in the pack, one of which says extra luggage.

Thanks in advance!

Travelgenio

• Resolution statement

• TravelGenio Customer Care's Response, Jul 12, 2018

You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

Jf
Jul 12, 2018

Comments

12th of Jul, 2018

Travelgenio are in a state of disrepair. On another product review website, out of 108 1 star out of 5 ratings there are 3 people who have changed their ratings to 3 or 4 stars because Travelgenio have decided to refund them or whatever. All I think when I see that happen, is why change your complaint even though they rectify your issue. It's why you complain in the first place and give them the review they deserve.
    Sorry to hear your loyalty means absolutely nothing to them and I hope you get refunded.