Tracfone / their phones don't work and they choose to ignore their customers.

1539 Ollie Dr, Jacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 9049240100

I have had a motorola tracfone since April 2009. It has never worked reliably in my home. Its purpose is an emergency home phone. I have made numerous complaints and have been referred to the 800# phone bank. To contact them by phone I must leave my home and roam around looking for a point of good reception. I finally contacted Florida's office of Public council. They then had a representative contact me by email as I requested.
A Denis Del Castillo. After another week he opted to forward me a replacement digital Kyocera phone. When it arrived I followed the instructions exactly for charging and activation. It said to charge initially for 5 hours. I did this. The phone came on but the icon for the battery registered nothing. I tried to contact Mr Castillo but it was a Friday and apparently he was gone for the week end.

I visited the website to register the new phone and maybe get some help. To access the site you must use a phone number. The kyocera displayed only the last four digits and therefor I was excluded from the website and referred to the 800#. I have wifi but no home phone.

I reread the instructions and decided maybe 5 hours had not been enough. So I left it on charge over night. Next day it failed completely. I continued to try to contact Denis Del Castillo by email but received no reply till the following Friday requesting I return the faulty phone. MY previous email had noted I already returned the phone earlier in the week but he would have had to read his email to know. Which he obviously chooses not to do.

I have asked him a number of questions which he also chooses to ignore. E.g. because I have been unable to use the old phone it has accumulated over 600 minutes. By accepting the new phone must I forfeit the old minutes? Will there be NO credit for the 10 months of NO service? Why do tracfone require people to register on their website then each time you log in you must enter ALL your information on yourself AND the phone every time? Seems like you are a new customer each time why bother to make us register? Why do they refuse to assign someone to a complaint so it may be resolved instead of dumping us in the pool and forcing us to begin a new every time they disappoint us?

This is Supposed to be a Service company. In reality it's a disservice company. Given the choice I'd never do business with them.

Sincerely,

Dr Thom Robinson

Tracfone

Dr

Comments

• Br
      15th of Jun, 2008
    Tracfone - minutes

I don't feel the tracfone purchasers should be charged for time when you are calling a number.

They also charge you for incompleted calls.

• Di
      14th of Dec, 2008

I puchased 800 minutes from Tracfone in September. The time I had left remaining before I added the time was 500+ for a total of over 1300 minutes. I have made approximately six {less tha five minute} calls since September. I attempted to use the phone for the first time since November 18, and a message said you may not have any minutes left. I called Tracfone and they gave me no explanation. They did give me a complimentary 30 minutes. What happened to my 1300 minutes?

• Ba
      19th of Aug, 2009
    Tracfone - taken minutes
    tracfone
    Kentucky

I have tracfone and they have a phone that is suppose to connect to a browser to get ringtones. Well every time I would try to get on the browser it would take the minutes and I would get an error message saying connection to server lost. I called the tracfone customer service and told them. They did not fix the problem and refused to refund the 30 minutes that I lost trying to get on the browser.

• Ke
      5th of Jul, 2010
    Tracfone - Worst service ever
    TracFone

I had been using a Tracfone prepaid phone for more than 3 years and I have been transferred my phone number to a new tracfone prepaid phone, I called them to make the transfer and after one week waiting for the change, they simply said they lost my old phone number and they can't retrieved it. It was my business and emergency contact phone number. It was a very big lost for me. It is the worst service I have had.

8th of Aug, 2011
    Tracfone - TRACFONE TEXTING ISSUES
    Tracfone
    406 WEST BEECH RD
    Sterling
    Virginia
    Phone: 703-421-0914

I AM HAVING TEXTING ISSUES WITH MY LG800G TRACFONE.
    WHEN SOMEONE IS TEXTING ME I DO NOT RECEIVE THEIR TEXT
    MESSAGE AND THEIR IS AN ERROR THAT COMES UP ON MY PHONE
    WHEN I TEXT SOMEONE. I REALLY NEED THIS PROBLEM FIXED.

SALLY FOURNIER
    SERIAL # 012 521 001 527 200
    SIMS # 890 141 032 141 097 760 60
    CELL # 703-380-4384

• Ao
      1st of Dec, 2011
    Tracfone - I would rather buy a new phone than call them back and waste another hour of my life
    TracFone

I just spent 50 minutes on the phone with a tracfone rep. and I was actually speaking to a person for about 5 whole minutes total. I had to repeat myself over and over what the problem was with my cell phone. He kept putting me on hold checking my account status. I finally got tired of waiting for help and hung up. My cell phone is still messed up. I would rather buy a new phone than call them back and waste another hour of my life.

• Th
      26th of May, 2015

Why do you have no shirt on in your posted photo? Very creepy Dr. Strangelove.