Toys r us / incorrect item shipped, incorrect refund, poor customer service

1 New Jersey, United States

I would warn about shopping online with Toys R Us. I ordered a product from them that stated was in stock and then was shipped a duplicate item from the order that the cost was less on. I did the online chat to report that it was incorrect the same day I received it and to see if the part of my order that was still yet to be shipped could have the correction made. I was told that could not and most likely would get duplicate product in order, which in fact I did. I was additionally told that now the product is out of stock and no store in the US has it, yes I did ask that, and no date of in stock so all could do was refund, nothing else. (It was in stock at least two days before I got wrong order cuz did see that on site). The chat person seemed to not be there during parts of the conversation (long time to reply) and couldn't even answer all my questions. Really poor customer service there. Item was needed for a childs birthday so time was important. I did request a return label that was sent but had to find a dealer to send back and take time out of my day to do. Which if there wasn't an error this would not be necessary. Then to make matters worst the refund they gave me was for the item that cost less (incorrect one shipped) not the one they charged me for and didn't send. So I not only don't I get the item ordered but haven't received the refund for what I was charged. Im only be able to get automated recordings or recorded messages when I call and haven't gotten a call back as of yet. Overall, I am totally dissatisfied with my experience and plan to never shop there again.

On