Toys r us / rude manager must be fired

1 South Africa Review updated:

I have a baby boy who is turning one this coming Saturday, I’m also a regular customer at the Toys r us in Westgate Mall Roodepoort.We’ve been doing our baby shopping there since our child was born. In the last two months I’ve bought a car seat and most recent a tricycle (Smart Trike) for my son’s first birthday. This last Saturday the 5th of July I went into this store with my mother and sister who both wanted to get a gift of their own for my son’s birthday. We were looking for the rocking horse which we had previously seen and liked. As we were walking into the store our attention was drawn by some odd looking balls that had squid like things on them and decided to have a look. My mother held one of the balls in her hand and played a joke on my sister and she caught a fright and jumped. We were then approached by one of the employees and my sister was told that this was a store and she shouldn’t run around like a little child. My sister is 23 years old and she was just reacting to the ball as it does look scary. We told the employee that we did not appreciate his tone and then proceeded to look for the horse. But the guy kept on following us and we told him we wanted somebody else to help us. The next thing we were approached by a woman who refers to herself as store director, her name tag said Lizzet. She was interested in finding out what was wrong and why we were so upset, she came in defense of her employee and told us we would listen to her as she is the store director. All she did was to scream and not find out what happened and showing us her ears as if we don’t listen and are idiots or kids. Eventually we said we would leave and go somewhere else but as we were walking out security was called by this woman to kick us out. We left and decided to go to another toy shop in Cresta Mall and I must say that the service was amazing and I don’t think I will be going back to Toys r us.

Comments

• Li
      5th of Aug, 2009

Yeah, I actually kinda hate when grown people act like children in my store...it really puts a damper on my day