Toyota Of Stuart / bait and switch

1 Stuart, FL, United States Review updated:

Sales staff lied on the phone and web site. They would say anything to get you to come in then everything would change. Prices were "fuzzy". The price depended on your credit score. Finance staff allowed personal information to be viewed by staff and third party.

When I asked to speak to Mr. Pierson, he was always “not available to speak to customers.”

Toyota of Stuart is a terrible company.

Comments

5th of Aug, 2009

I would suggest that the writers are confused on their stories. If in fact the stories are even remotely true. I would suggest that they try alittle harder. I am very easy to get hold of. Luckily, we have very few complaints, even with thousands of vehicles sold. If anybody wants to see the owner, just either call 772-283-8300, or ask the cashier to see me at the store. Thanks for the opportunity to respond. John Pierson/Owner Toyota of Stuart

• Fo
      13th of Apr, 2011
    Toyota Of Stuart - Dishonest
    Toyota of Stuart
    Stuart
    Florida

Toyota of Stuart is dishonest. Do not purchase a vehicle from them. They do use bait and switch tactics. They roll the price of trade in vehicles into the price of whatever vehicle you are purchasing. Even if it is not upside down by comparison to the Kelly Blue Book value. They will charge you a premium dealer fee if they only have a certain number of vehicles on their lot. None of this information will be known to the customer. Check your contract closely, there will be a prepayment clause in the contract that you can NOT pay down your loan sooner to have payments applied to the principal. The value of our vehicle was not what we were told it was. They took a $25, 000 car and turned it into a $52000 loan. We were not educated enough to know the real value of the vehicle before getting taken. They also falsify information with the bank to get the deal to go through and when you try to get out of it they will claim they explained all the fine print. Please don't go through what our family did, we were not smart enough to know better. We are living in an apartment because our car payment is as much as a house mortgage and the car is only worth half a what we owe. I hope this helps someone to not make my mistake.

• 42
      13th of Apr, 2011

So your car you were trading in was not paid off..so do you expect them to just pay off your car and not roll it into your new loan..I want a deal like that! Next time pay off your loan before getting a new one and you won't have a huge payoff in the end.