TNT / lousy "service"

New York, NY, United States Review updated:

TNT "service" just keeps getting worse!

TNT Cambodia quoted me a $5/kg rate for a shipment (door-to-door) from Cambodia to Rochester, NY. Shipment was logged in at 528.4kg (US$2642). When they picked it up on 6/15, they issued an invoice for US$3006.96 and have yet to give me a reason for the increase. Shipment arrive in LAX on the 17th (not at all unreasonable), but the "formal entry" was not issued until the 22nd, which meant the shipment did not clear Customs until the 25th (a Saturday). Meanwhile, TNT Customer "service" continues to say that it will be delivered by EOD on the 28th (not unless they suddenly perfected transporter technology!). They never got it to the domestic trucking company (Con-Way) until late afternoon on the 27th, and Con-Way tells me when their driver showed up the shipment was not ready. As a result, Con-Way (who had initially pegged delivery as 7/1) missed that day's east-bound truck and had to delay an entire day, meaning that (due to the 4th of July holiday) it won't deliver until 7/5.

I recommend that NOBODY use TNT for ANY shipments!

I can only hope that TNT actually monitors what people are saying about them and actually would DO something about it. But that's probably too much to expect!

Comments

• Tn
      Sep 29, 2011

I have the same issue with you about TNT! Supplier sent me 2 parcel (together) on 23rd from New Zealand, and now is already 29th, the parcel has yet to reach me in Malaysia! Check from TNT tracking website, it said 1 parcel landed in Singapore for 4 days but is not sent out to Malaysia yet. And further shocking is that another parcel is sill in Aukland, New Zealand. I sware togod, I will never NEVER NEVER use TNT in future! Period! I blamed my supplier for using TNT against my advise to use Fedex or DHL instead!