TJX / T.J. Maxx / comforter

Grain Valley, MO, United States Review updated:

I went to check out at TJ Max and when the cashier rang up my sale it was way higher than I expected. When I questioned the amount it was determined a comforter I purchased had two price tags and I had not noticed the higher one. A employee from the bedding department told the cashier to honor the lower price and walked away. Then I was told by another employee that a customer had apparently changed the price tag and the store would not honor the price then proceeded to pull the lower price tag off the item destroying it. At this point I asked to speak to the manager who also indicated the price tag had been tampered with by a customer and TJ Max would not honor the price on the comforter. I asked the cashier to verify the employee from the bedding department had said to honor the price and she said she was not sure. I was so embarrassed and humiliated standing at the register with three TJ Max employees announcing the price had been tampered with on the item I was trying to purchase and making me feel like a thief. Needless to say I did not purchase andI will never shop at TJ Max again.

Fu
Jul 21, 2016

Comments

•   Jul 22, 2016

Why would you feel like a thief for them saying someone had tampered with the price tags? Did they say you tampered with it? You would only feel like a thief if you had done it. As for confirming with the employee about honoring it the manager already said no. The employee has no authority to override the manager. Just accept that a customer was being dishonest and move on. Everywhere you can think of to shop has had someone screw up pricing. If you stop shopping everywhere that has errors you will have nowhere to shop.