TJX

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 by

gross negligence and lack of communication with loss prevention

Amherst, New York
I had my wallet stolen in the TJ Maxx in Amherst, New York two days ago. I immediately filed a police report and asked the manager on staff (Robyn) for access to security footage. She claimed they did not have access to it because loss prevention was not ā€˜in the building.' Two days later, nobody from loss prevention has come in to try and view the footage or reach out to me for updates. In addition, the day my wallet was stolen I had a number of items that I had to leave behind. The manager on staff that day said she would hold them for me at least a couple days. I come back and nothing is held for me. The manager today (Whitney) reached out to Robyn who says she only held it for one day. How am I to pay for my things when it takes at least a few days to get new cards in the mail??? I am beyond upset and will continue to pursue this until it is rectified.
Complaint comments Comments (4)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Other

Comments

N  7th of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
No one in that store is going to show YOU the security footage. By law, the only people who can view it are management, AP, law enforcement, and a judge and jury. They would not contact you anyway, they would contact the cops, who would contact you. How old are you that you do not know this?
N  8th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
I have a couple of very basic questions. To begin with, why do you believe it was "stolen?" And why do you believe it was in this store?
N  8th of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
I too am wondering how the letter writer knows their wallet was stolen and it happened at this store? You didn't provide any details, just the vague statement your wallet was stolen. Did you leave your handbag unattended?

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree