Time Warner Triple Play / customer service

1 Brooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:

I find that the customer service in Brooklyn branch of TWC is really lacking. We have been trying to transfer our Triple Play Service (cable, phone, internet) to our new apartment for about a month now.

Our first scheduled technician appointment never happened. When we called TWC, the rep said, "Oh you're service was canceled." We replied, "well we didn't cancel our service, we transferred it." They also reported that there was no record of the scheduled appointment. We rescheduled for two weeks later.

The next day the TWC phone division left a message about the transfer of phone service and asked that we call back. So we did. The rep said, "oh well that's the phone division, you need to speak with them." "Okay - so how do we do that?" No response. They also mentioned that a technician had stopped by the day before at 12:15pm but no one answered the door. The day before we were told that there was no record of an appointment because our service had been canceled not transferred.

The phone division called again yesterday. We missed the call. they did not leave a callback number but instead left a message saying "Well, since you're not answering your phone, we can't do a verification so we're canceling your service." We called TWC back. Again, they said, "well your entire appointment was canceled by the phone division." We argued and argued until they finally said that they might be able to schedule us in from noon-4:00pm on the day of our original service.

Of course, no one showed up. So the battle begins again. The truly unfortunate part of all this is that they are our only option for cable/internet. The other company does not service our street.

Comments

22nd of Feb, 2010

I too signed up for "triple play". Responding to TW's ad with a low special price come-on, I ordered cable TV reception at 2 stations in my house, the living-room and the bedroom. A TW installer came, did the job in the living-room, but in the bedroom, only installed limited program reception. He said that that was what I ordered, no more.

I called to complain, and was informed that TW was not responsible, as they did not handle the order, it was "farmed out" to a third party company. I then remembered that when I made the order, I asked for a name and call back phone number, and was informed that they were not authorized to provide it. They pretended to be a unit of TW, but were not. I now realize that this is all about legal liability. If a big company wants to avoid it, they insert an independent company, and thus introduce the runaround issue to handle complaints, and of course nothing happens. The fact that the third party acted as an agent of their hirer, and so TW WAS responsible leaves one with the only available remedy, which is small claims court. They bet that nobody will call them on it, because of the expense involved and loss of time.

• Ye
      30th of Jan, 2011

We live here in Pine Bush, NY...My daughter has TW Triple Play...On Thursday Jan. 27, 2011...sometime during the morning the cable was pulled from the telephone pole...family were are work /school...when her husband came home in the afternoon of Thursday Jan 27, 2011...He called to have the cable connected. Was told the earliest was Monday Jan. 31, ...My problem is this family of 4 without telephone service...Now that's not a good thing ...in case of an emergency...how do they call 911???? This day and age...without a phone is very scary... This is unexceptable...5 days...without service...You would think phone service would be top priority.. I guess there was NO rush on this matter... Triple play is NOT a Good thing...

Arlene Pagano...for Daughter and Family Regina Onesty...