Time Warner Cable / theft by credit card for false advertisement

1 farmers branch, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 972-742-5892

This complaint needs to be posted on all web sites that has anything to do with Time Warner cable. It should be noted that Time Warner has a active bad faith policy to ripe of its consumers. I had been contacted by Time Warner to get their service. The first time back in Feburary they were to come out to my apartment to hook-up service but went to wrong apartment and never bothered to call to confirm. The most recent request to have Time Warner service was set up to have installed next day if pre-paid for service. I paid a large payment ($271) due to I was told had to pay for DVR box and first months service. I was promised that they had the right address and even recieved a call the night before to confirm still wanted them to come and hook-up new service. I took day off work as appointment was set for between 8 and 12 am on that Friday. At around 10:30 I seen a truck go by but did not turn into my apartment parking lot. I got on the phone ASAP to make sure that someone was coming and was told that was cancelled as no one was home. They had went to wrong appartment again. Oh my gosh this can not be happening again. I got upset and told the dispatcher that they need to get someone to hook-up today. i was lied to again as was told that would get someone back out between 2 and 5. At exactly 2 I called back as felt that something still was not right. The bold out lies just continued as customer service rep told me that request has been cancelled again due to no one home. Again no one has ever showed up at my address and it was just 2 o'clock. At this point I just want to get my money back and will go with a different company. This is where the nightmare really went to the limit. I was told that they could not give me my money back until up to 4 to 6 weeks as it will take 5 to 7 days to confirm that appoint was not meet and then a paper check would be mailed. I let them know that was not going to work as they did not take 4 to 6 weeks to take my money and I just want them to put it back on my card. This is when I was told that the service was not even available in my area anyway. After calling and even going to office on that Saturday to get my money I was still told that would have to wait 4 to 6 weeks. I have called at least 3 times a day and each time was told the lie that they could still hook-up service. Finally on that Monday after calling again and requesting to show up and report theft by credit card and call police if need that I want my money back and do not want to wait 4 to 6 weeks. I explained that I do not feel that I will ever see my refund if mailed due to that if they could not get the address right when they were to come hook-up service that they most likely would sent the paper check to the wrong address also. I was finally told that they will reverse the funds to my card and I should see it in about 3 business days. I let them know that if not there I will be calling back and will go to local office and demand that my money that was taken in bad faith be returned. Oh and by the way I was promised call backs on 5 different calls and to this day am still waiting on call. Please make every one aware of the false promises and scam that Time Warner is promoting. Also, I got ahold of another company that came out and hooked up service the very next day and they did not require me to pay for $150 for the DVR box just the first months cable bill.

Comments

• Ha
      19th of Jul, 2009

You MUST deal with TimeWarner in writing. Do NOT rely on phone calls or email.
    You MUST deal with TimeWarner in writing.
    You MUST deal with TimeWarner in WRITING.

If TimeWarner were a person it would best be described as a pathological liar: They will say one thing and do whatever is most convenient for them.

Follow EACH phone conversation with a snail-mail summary of your conversation to the place you send your bills. Include your name, address, and account number.

I have made a hobby out of rescuing people from TimeWarner. They screwed me out of $1000 so I plan to cost them orders of magnitude more in customer loss.

Send ALL letters to "the office of the president" for your territory.

If you continue to be defrauded by TWC file a FORMAL complaint with the "Public Utilities Commission"

...

remember you CAN also sue them in small claims court. In most jurisdictions the filing fee is about $60. WHEN you win your case you will recoup this investment.

I recovered most of my money from TWC and you can too. I have since upgraded to FIOS. I hope it is available in your area. :)

• Ha
      19th of Jul, 2009

You might want to try using more than one paragraph next time, too :)