Time Warner Cable

Posted:

billing scam

Time Warner Cable
Austin, Texas
We had our Time Warner Price Lock Guarantee expire, got a letter that if we renewed our price lock package that our cable would only go up $2, from $118 to $120, got our next bill and they actually went up to $134 a month. Called and told them about the letter and they disputed what our letter said even though we still have it. Will ride out our contract and find a new provider after that.
Complaint comments Comments (1)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Internet Providers

Comments

A  21st of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have basic internet with TWC and I recently got a call from TWC offering to add basic local cable tv for $3 extra a month. Sounded way too good to be true, I should've just hung up. After their technician didn't show for two appointments they got someone here by the 3rd time. They were nice and credited my account $20 per missed appointment. A week after it was installed I checked out my statement online. I was charged $15 for basic local cable (their normal price). I called their customer service line, spoke with someone who kept repeating to me that the $15 is normal for basic cable, then was disconnected. I called back and got someone different, who DID understand my problem. She said the lowest she can get basic cable to me for is about $8/mo with the current promo. She then asked to put me on hold and after 5 minutes she came back and said her supervisor gave her permission to authorize the $3/mo price, but for only 1 year. That's great, but I should just cancel it as my gut feeling is telling me they will try to sneak some hidden charge in real soon. I really wish TWC wasn't a monopoly in my area!! I'd switch in a heartbeat!!!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree