Thrifty Car Rental / double charge for rental car

1 Atlanta, GA, United States

My family visited Atlanta on Oct. 10, 2010. Before the trip, I reserved my hotel and rental car through Sam club travel, and prepaid the cost, $184.01 (Itin# [protected]), for one night hotel and rental car. I picked up the car ~1:00 pm on Oct. 9 and returned the car ~4:00 pm on Oct 10. When reviewing my credit card activities, I noticed Thrifty charged my rental car again. When I called customer service of Thrifty, I was told that the reason I was charged twice is that, in prepaid package, there is no loss & damage coverage, which was declined when I picked up the car, because I can transfer this coverage from my personal car to rental car. When I declined the loss & damage coverage in the counter, the representative of Thrifty did not say anything about the double charge. I would expect Thrifty refund my money immediately. Instead, the customer service representative created a case for me and said someone would contact me in 7 days. The whole process may take forever.

After booking the package, I searched internet about Thrifty rental Car Company and found so many complaints about Thrifty. Now I understand why. I will never ever rent a car from Thrifty.

Za