Thrifty Car Rental / double charge for rental car
My family visited Atlanta on Oct. 10, 2010. Before the trip, I reserved my hotel and rental car through Sam club travel, and prepaid the cost, $184.01 (Itin# [protected]), for one night hotel and rental car. I picked up the car ~1:00 pm on Oct. 9 and returned the car ~4:00 pm on Oct 10. When reviewing my credit card activities, I noticed Thrifty charged my rental car again. When I called customer service of Thrifty, I was told that the reason I was charged twice is that, in prepaid package, there is no loss & damage coverage, which was declined when I picked up the car, because I can transfer this coverage from my personal car to rental car. When I declined the loss & damage coverage in the counter, the representative of Thrifty did not say anything about the double charge. I would expect Thrifty refund my money immediately. Instead, the customer service representative created a case for me and said someone would contact me in 7 days. The whole process may take forever.
After booking the package, I searched internet about Thrifty rental Car Company and found so many complaints about Thrifty. Now I understand why. I will never ever rent a car from Thrifty.
More Thrifty Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- Thrifty Car Rental - $25 admin fee for 0.25 toll charge 
- Thrifty Car Rental - unethical business practices 
- Thrifty Car Rental Romania - overcharged the cancellation fee 
- Thrifty Car Rental - rip off 
- Thrifty Car Rental - drop off charges 
- Thrifty Car Rental - platepass toll collection system
- Thrifty Car Rental - administrative fees assessed for invisible tolls in florida with no prior notice
- Thrifty Rent A Car - reservation
- Thrifty Rent A Car - refund 15/08/18 not received
- Thrifty Rent A Car - cleaning fee - rental agreement - 168636156