Thrifty / license photocopying

To Whom It May Concern:

On March 4, 2007, I rented a car at the San Diego Airport Thrifty location. During the check-in process I noticed that the counter agent placed my license in a little black box. When I asked why, she said that a copy of my license was being made. I was not informed at any time beforehand that a copy of my license would be made and I am not aware of this process with any other rental car agencies. I was not told why or what the copy is used for, the agent deceptively, though politely, just changed topics. I think it would be nice if customers were informed when a copy was made of their license and why it was done. Also, why did it appear that it was not done for everyone that rented at the time. I appreciate your assistance in this matter.

Regards,
Kelvin R. Franklin

Comments

• Yo
      12th of Mar, 2007

Did you call Thrifty Customer Service? Did you go to their online site to see what terms and conditions were and what ID is required?

Confirm with them if this is policy. If not, report the person who copied your license and also tell Thrifty that you will file a police report with the local police in the jurisdiction of that rental place. Filing a police report gives you some protection in case your ID was stolen and you are asked to cover any fraudulent charges in a court of law.