Thorntons

Posted: Aug 7, 2016 by

had to wait in line behind another customer who was after me to get a receipt.

After going to a Thornton's gas station on 159th St. In Orland Park, IL on August 1, 2016, I will never go inside there again, as the person that was at the register was very rude. When I entered the store, I first looked around, and then was waiting in line to pay for the items I was purchasing, along with the gas that I needed. After waiting behind other customers, it was then my turn in line. So I walked up to the register, and proceeded to pay for my items. I also told her that I needed gas, and she then had an attitude with me. She said, "Well, how much?" So I told her I needed $15.00 worth of gas. I gave her my card, and she had an attitude again, and said credit or debit. I told her debit, so she scanned the card, and was once again rude to me. After giving me the card back, she didn't say anything more, and when I asked for a receipt, she said, "Oh, you need a receipt?' I said yes, but before giving me a receipt, she helped the next customer in line who was waiting behind me. So I waited, and then saw a receipt that was still waiting to be handed back to me from the register, and as I proceeded to take it, she had an attitude with me again. She said, " Can you wait just a moment, " and after standing there waiting, she finally handed the receipt to me, and I left. The lady who helped me had long blondish hair, blue eyes, and was about in her early 40's, or maybe about 42ish, or something.
Complaint comments Comments (16) Complaint country United States Complaint category Gas Stations

Comments

N  8th of Aug, 2016 by    +2 Votes
How is asking how much gas you need having an attitude? How is asking credit or debit rude? You sound like someone who looks to be offended.
N  8th of Aug, 2016 by    +2 Votes
Maybe you were the 100th person who said I need gas then not say how much. sounds like you were holding things up to escalate an issue. Do you walk into a restaurant and just say "I want food" .
N  13th of Mar, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@Customer. Service Shut up¡!!!
N  8th of Aug, 2016 by    +2 Votes
Lol CS. "I want food". That is so like today's shopper. When people pay for their meds, with the same debit card they have had a hundred years, only with a chip this time, they act like they don't know how to use it. "Did it take it?" "Is it asking you if you want cash back?" "Oh. No cash". "Please press NO"

It drives me batty.
D  16th of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes
I understand of how what I wrote may have came across as not too clear, but what happened wasn't with what she said, but of her tone and attitude, and in how she said it. Not only was this lady rude to me, but she has also been rude to a few other people, too. My mom, for one, when she was with another family member of hers at this same exact gas station some time before, along with another time when a friend of hers had also went to this gas station and experienced something similar.
N  16th of Aug, 2016 by    +1 Votes
Who cares ? She has a terrible job and doesn't get paid enough to have a good attitude. Pay at the pump next time
N  13th of Mar, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@StopWhiningLoser Do Not do business with Thornton's!!!
N  17th of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes
Are you there to make friends or get your gas and go?
N  13th of Mar, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@Wine Is Good Stupid WINO!!!
N  14th of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
@TheresaB I am far from stupid honey. However, reading your responses eludes to your lack of intelligence.
D  18th of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes
I will never go to that gas station again indeed...
N  18th of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes
No, I'm not there to make friends, but having me wait back in line for a printed receipt behind another customer who was after me was unnecessary.
N  14th of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Amanda L. Why? Why would they make someone wait for you? Your attitude comes across as rude as well. Perhaps she responds to the tone YOU give.
N  13th of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
This is A free society. Don't spend your money with these ###.
N  13th of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
Service sucks!!!
N  14th of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
@TheresaB You sound like you have experience in that field.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree