Thorntons / had to wait in line behind another customer who was after me to get a receipt.

Orland Park, IL, United States Review updated:

After going to a Thornton's gas station on 159th St. In Orland Park, IL on August 1, 2016, I will never go inside there again, as the person that was at the register was very rude. When I entered the store, I first looked around, and then was waiting in line to pay for the items I was purchasing, along with the gas that I needed. After waiting behind other customers, it was then my turn in line. So I walked up to the register, and proceeded to pay for my items. I also told her that I needed gas, and she then had an attitude with me. She said, "Well, how much?" So I told her I needed $15.00 worth of gas. I gave her my card, and she had an attitude again, and said credit or debit. I told her debit, so she scanned the card, and was once again rude to me. After giving me the card back, she didn't say anything more, and when I asked for a receipt, she said, "Oh, you need a receipt?' I said yes, but before giving me a receipt, she helped the next customer in line who was waiting behind me. So I waited, and then saw a receipt that was still waiting to be handed back to me from the register, and as I proceeded to take it, she had an attitude with me again. She said, " Can you wait just a moment, " and after standing there waiting, she finally handed the receipt to me, and I left. The lady who helped me had long blondish hair, blue eyes, and was about in her early 40's, or maybe about 42ish, or something.

Am
Aug 07, 2016

Comments

•   Aug 08, 2016

How is asking how much gas you need having an attitude? How is asking credit or debit rude? You sound like someone who looks to be offended.

• Cu
      Aug 08, 2016

Maybe you were the 100th person who said I need gas then not say how much. sounds like you were holding things up to escalate an issue. Do you walk into a restaurant and just say "I want food" .

Mar 13, 2017

@Customer. Service Shut up¡!!!

•   Aug 08, 2016

Lol CS. "I want food". That is so like today's shopper. When people pay for their meds, with the same debit card they have had a hundred years, only with a chip this time, they act like they don't know how to use it. "Did it take it?" "Is it asking you if you want cash back?" "Oh. No cash". "Please press NO"

It drives me batty.

Aug 16, 2016

I understand of how what I wrote may have came across as not too clear, but what happened wasn't with what she said, but of her tone and attitude, and in how she said it. Not only was this lady rude to me, but she has also been rude to a few other people, too. My mom, for one, when she was with another family member of hers at this same exact gas station some time before, along with another time when a friend of hers had also went to this gas station and experienced something similar.

• St
      Aug 16, 2016

Who cares ? She has a terrible job and doesn't get paid enough to have a good attitude. Pay at the pump next time

Mar 13, 2017

@StopWhiningLoser Do Not do business with Thornton's!!!

•   Aug 17, 2016

Are you there to make friends or get your gas and go?

Mar 13, 2017

@Wine Is Good Stupid WINO!!!

•   Mar 14, 2017

@TheresaB I am far from stupid honey. However, reading your responses eludes to your lack of intelligence.

Aug 18, 2016

I will never go to that gas station again indeed...

Aug 18, 2016

No, I'm not there to make friends, but having me wait back in line for a printed receipt behind another customer who was after me was unnecessary.

•   Mar 14, 2017

@Amanda L. Why? Why would they make someone wait for you? Your attitude comes across as rude as well. Perhaps she responds to the tone YOU give.

Mar 13, 2017

This is A free society. Don't spend your money with these ###.

Service sucks!!!

•   Mar 14, 2017

@TheresaB You sound like you have experience in that field.