Thompson Cigarsatisfy

Ar Tampa, FL Review updated:

Very satisfied with Thompson Cigars and Hoc Mai-Customer Svc Supv.

5/8/08 I ordered cigars and a humidor, both items arrived within 5-7 days as promised. The cigars were good, the humidor was damaged.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Tampa, FLI called Customer Svc and after being on the phone for forty minutes received a 30% discount. Not satisfied with the humidor and discount, called back and asked for the supervisor. I was connected to Hoc Mai who immediately instructed me to return the humidor and select a new humidor. Today I have the new humidor and all was resolved in a friendly and business like manner.

Comments

• Pg
      Jul 24, 2008
    Thompson Cigar - poor customer service
    Thompson Cigar Co.
    Tampa
    Florida
    Phone: [protected]

I am a one and one time only customer of Thompson Cigar. I waited on hold for approximately 30 minutes to have my call answered by a person with a minimal command of the English language and a very short temper. I asked to order a sampler and was told that I had to order an upgraded version to get the cigars pictured for certain. I took my chances with the advertised special. I called Friday and was told my order would ship Monday. I called Monday and was told it shipped. According to the UPS tracking number it did not begin shipping until Wednesday. When I called to ask about this I was given a run-around with an explanation blaming UPS for not coming to the Warehouse often enough to pick up. Each and every time I called, even when it was to complain, I was pressured to buy more things including expensive humidors, accessories and club membership. This was by far the most annoying part. I went so far as to say "I just want to order this one product and get off the phone, is that okay?" And was told that if I just listened there would be better things to buy.

That's it for me. Hopefully my first order will show up, and I will be done with this company.