Texas Direct Auto / Unethical Ebay dealer

1 Stafford, TX, United States Review updated:

The facility at Texas Direct is very impressive, however you must make sure absolutely everything is perfect prior to leaving the facility. There is absolutely no chance of getting any issue resolved once you have left. My car was delivered without the DVD necessary to make the navigation system function, at the time I was promised they would mail it out to me the next week. Two months and several email messages and phone calls later, none of which they have returned, it is clear they never had any intention of fulfilling their obligation. They are the typical shady internet car dealer - anyone dealing with them should be cautious.

Comments

• Mr
      16th of Apr, 2011

Class action against Ebay is what should happen.. They get a daily barrage of people who have complained that Texas Direct took the sale that they advertised which they state in there ads for every car that most auctions end with a phone call. Does that mean then that the company with such a high rating is going to illegally break the Ebay policy and sell the auto outside of Ebay? Of course one would expect to give a credit card over the phone as one of the listed ways to lock up the transaction, However thats when they take the sale out of Ebay. Folks EBAY not only knows but they are a willing partisapant if they choose not to do anything to stop it! Sure then you complain to Ebay and you get the same letter prewritten by Ebays legal dept that says how you messed up and allowed this sale to close outside of Ebay. Listen who knows more?.. The dealer whom sells thousands of car or the occasional Ebay'r whom once every couple of years wants to replace there a car. Ebay knows that with 100 % of the cars getting listing fee's and less than 5% of those closing fee's...They are choosing to keep the listing fee's and allowing a company with a 108 complaints with the BBB and a "F" rating. By the way its almost impossible to do with the BBB since being a member of BBB is almost a guarantee to get a good standing rating. To get a negative rating in fact...Well just answering all your complaints will keep a company in good standing. I have inquired on companies whom have had multiple complaints but they just give a great rating and state the amount of complaints and say they have responded satisfactorily. That all you have to do if you pay the BBB fee's. So to get a "F" RATING BY THEM IS PRETTY SPECIAL:)
    This company only cares about the next deal. They are horrible yes, But Ebay is culpable and if anyone ever did a class action which I usually think are bogus and admit I usually think there are spun by hard to please greedy people and greedy lawyers. I would be on board with one. because I relentlessly pursued was promised my money back. I could tell the average person would cave and they would have become another victim of a company whom Ebay helps them look lilly white.

• Do
      18th of Apr, 2011

Texas Direct offers their pissed off customers (EBAY CUSTOMERS) $200.00 to enter a 100% satisfied feedback if it is done at their office. I found this out when the car that I purchased from them on EBAY did not exist. I told them to "shove" the $200.00 and gave them the EBAY feedback that they deserved. Not only did my feeback NEVER appear on their EBAY feedback Texas Direct stated on my EBAY feedback that I showed to the dealership drunk and urinated on the lot. I don't drink. Bottom line is these guys are crooks and EBAY knows it. No more EBAY for me. As for Texas Direct...I live in Houston and continue to here horror stories about them. BEWARE!!!