Telus Mobility

Posted:

very, very unhappy customer!

4.3
As a Telus customer for almost a year, I am very unhappy to say that my phone has consistently been giving me a lot of problems with reception, battery life, display problems, and sometimes I don't even receive calls or messages. When I called Telus on Tuesday July 4, 2006 for the first time, I was put of hold for 15 minutes until I finally hung up. Later that day I called again and talked to another representative, Carol. I told her the problem that I was having and explained that I had already sent the phone to be repaired once before with the same problems recurring.

This cellular phone is under warranty and I am regretting having a Telus phone, I would like someone to review this complaint. As a paying client, I feel as if my concerns are not taken seriously, please get back to me with respect to this urgent matter. If I did not need the use of a cellular phone, I would not have purchased one, I am a very, very unhappy customer.

Regards,
Orel.
Complaint comments Comments (101)    Updated: Complaint country Canada Complaint category Telecommunications

Comments

N  29th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
My husband and I had 3 different cell phone accounts with Telus Mobility. Although we paid regularly on our accounts we had an unfortunate lack of income as my husband is truck driver. Even though we called Telus "customer service? to report our misfortune and make other arrangements for payment, it fell upon deaf and arrogant ears. Telus cancelled our service and now we are being constantly harrassed by a collection agency. We are being forced to pay for the remaining period of the contracts on each phone.

We tried to cancel our contracts but the company just told us that we signed the contract, we owe them and too bad for us. For heaven's sake, even Ontario Hydro gave us a helping hand so that we could get back on our feet, but not Telus. The Hydro company even told me that we had an excellent payment record and that she could do something for me. It amounted to some added interest but that was fine by us.

NOW we are receiving threatening phone calls from a credit agency and of course our credit rating has taken a dive.

To anyone reading this message, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT WITH TELUS UNLESS YOU KNOW YOUR FUTURE IS SAFE FOR THE NEXT THREE YEARS !! We did not know that we would have some unfortunate problems with income for a short time, enough to mess up all of our bills and please give this a really big think before you do sign up. Just because Telus offers phones for free, believe me, they come at a price !!
N  29th of May, 2008 by    +1 Votes

Telus - Contracts
Ontario

D  10th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
TELUS is the worst cellular company i have ever dealt with in my entire life. They suspended my account twice a month claiming it was accidental then went on and charged me $35 to reactivate my account which had my phone my husbands phone and my sons phone so that $35 times 3 and they wouldn't waive the fee even though it was their fault. Then they suspended my account because they received my payment one day late even though it was on time but the bank sent it to them like 10 days after i paid it. It finally got to the point that i requested my service be suspended but instead they terminated my account charging me $500 per phone even though i never asked for the the phones to be terminated within their system. And if that wasn't enough they charged all kinds of stuff to these phones(account) after the termination bringing my balance to $3200 and then after sending me the bill i freaked on them so they sent my account to a collection agency claiming i hadn't paid my bill in a yr. What company would keep you around if you never paid your bill for a yr i wish i didn't have to pay a bill for a yr. This company makes me sick. I have since filed a law suit against the company to prove my case as i don't owe that much money, the total i owe is $300 not $3100.

DON'T EVER USE TELUS DON'T TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO GET TELUS AVOID TELUS AT ALL COSTS AND USE A RELIABLE CELLULAR COMPANY LIKE FIDO OR ROGERS.
A  15th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
So yesterday i put 20$ on my telus cellular phone, and i put 10$ unlimited text i have not used my phone besides text.. and randomly i go and try to send a text and i get a text saying sorry your account is currently zero
my telus number is 289-688-0603
i suggest you fix this problem, i want my 10$ put back on my phone.. plus i want my unlimited text back.
and considering this happened a month ago and i did not complain cause i didnt have the patience nor the time
i want unlimited incoming calling, and unlimited nights and weekends for free!
N  27th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
FYI the phone isn't FREE it's FREE on a 3 year contract, the phone does cost money you know so by cancelling your contact they charge you a fee. Any one of us who has a cell phone knows that. Grow up and take some responsibility.

I love reading all the different complaints at this place, I don't know where people's heads are at geez.
N  8th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes

Telus - Charge for something i didn't receive
Telus
box 209
Nain
Newfoundland and Labrador
Phone: 709 922 2683
www.telus.com

I moved back from Alberta to Newfoundland and had a Telus telephone and internet service while in Alberta. after my move, i contacted Telus telling them to close my account. They said i had to pay a $648 fee for early disconnect and for a computer i received from them. I did not receive a computer from Telus and in regards of signing a 3 year contract with them i am not aware of doing it. I asked them to investigate the problem and the final word i received is that they cannot track or do a check on where the computer went or who signed for it so as far as they are concerned i must have it. Well i don't have it and neither did i receive it. Now they have sent me to a collection agency wanting me to pay for a service and product that i never received. Beware... seems that if Telus sends or say they send you something and even if you don't receive it... guess what your still liable... hard to believe that they have no way of tracking their product or having a way to check and see if, when and who signed for their product.
D  15th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
All you need to do is call and simply ask what company they use for deliveries, then call that company and ask them to track it. Telus MUST track items such as computers, which I was unaware Telus sold. If they track a $100 cell phone then I should think they track a computer! Or you can always call Telus and ask to speak to a manager/supervisor and ask them to please try to figure out what happened. Good luck!
N  26th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes

Telus - billing and alteration of order
telus
Burnaby
British Columbia
Canada

in october 2006 i was sold internet service for $15.95 with no extra costs. i asked about the condition of having long distance or a cell phone with telus and was told it would be waived. as a result i said i would like it. the first billing said i ordered high speed enhanced and was billed for this and a long distance plan of $4.95. many phone calls and months later i was still billed for the long distance and the price was still incorrect. telus will not remedy this situation for nearly 2 years and now has once again changed my plan costs and billed me incorrectly. my internet has ceased to function yet my access and emails to telus have been frustrated. i have paid what i agreed to pay for nearly 2 years yet service has been on a one-sided basis with telus chaniging and only their notes are in the file. my assertation on what was agreed to, what i agreed to pay, terms of the agreement have been only telus's official policy despite their own words that the terms ggiven me were incorrect. the person selling and olrdering the service is no longer with telus due to irregularities inb their actions at telus.
D  26th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
i ordered a dvd of the internet and i got screwed over! i mean i use two different names on the shipping and billing address and they told me that i had to very the information on my credit card in order to have it shipped! What the hell does that has to do with the address?!
A  12th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
I've been with Telus for years in Alberta. When I recently bought a new phone with a 3 year contract they informed me that there would be no problem switching my plan to Peterborough, Ontario, as I knew I would be moving there to go to school.
Now I'm here and I can't even use my phone. I get no service at my home, school or anywhere even near the area.
I've called "client care" spoken to senior techs and they have offered me no help, but say I have to keep paying for a phone that is useless to me or pay $560!!! to get out of the contract! This is absurd! I bought the phone beause I need the phone! So basically I am forced to pay for this for the next year and a half but I can't even use the thing.
I wonder if I were to buy a phone here would they inform me first that I wouldn't be able to use it at home or school? Doubt it. Ive missed phone calls for job related things and I can't even pick up my messages with no service!

Telus should take responsibility for their poor service and customer care instead of forcing us to pay for ### phones!
N  28th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
I purchased a telus pay and talk phone today. when i got it registered, it did not work. i was on hold for about a half hour, then this guy from the phillipines told me it would work in 2 hours...that was at 3:00 p.m. it is now 7:27p.m and it still does not work and there is no compensation for this!!! what type of business is this??? TELUS CAN GO TO HELL!!! TELUS IS A SCAM AND THEY RIP PEOPLE OFF!!!
N  28th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
I agree with the above posting!!! Same thing happened to me!! I think Telus has ripped me off and they will not compensate me in ANY wat! they beat around the bush all day long and noone will take responsibility!!! If I screwed up at work this bad I would be fired!! They were also rude to me AND hung up on me. One person, Adam gave me his worker I.D #, with no problems yet this ### named Erin REFUSED to give me any information about her or her boss. This company is VERY unprofessional and rude! Whatever happened to "the customer is always right"? Telus does not believe in this!! They believe in ###ing everyone who gets in the way or who purchases products from them!!!
A  5th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I had telus for over ayear and i can easily say that i have never been this "pissed off" by any wireless company. Not only are their operators rude, they are at times completey clueless on their OWN company polices. After being on hold for 15 minutes i would like to ALEAST talk to someone who knows what the hell they are talking about. My first issues with telus started when i bought my first teluse phone i was told that my mothly plan would be 35 dollars with tax but i was ALWAYS overcharged and i found my self calling into customer service almost every month trying to get them to take these random charges off my bill and almost each time i would have to call at least 2 times. After that i momentary switch to fido and then back to telus (big mistake). FIRST OF ALL i decided that this time i would go pay as you go so i wouldnt get ripped off every month but the activation was the biggest hassle. I tried doing it on the phone and i was told that it would be 30 dollars over the phone and 10 online...TO BAD THEIR ONLINE SYSTEM NEVER WORKS. It took me almost a week and a half for me to get my phone activated and worst of all was that evertime i called i would be told to call back another day just so they wouldn't have to deal with me and someone else could...well ### you! After having the phone for less the 6 months i was absolutly feed up and decided to switch to virgin mobile. I ported over my number but it took telus almost a week to send virgin my information so that they could complete the port. The thing that pissed my off the most was after my number was ported telus restricted my number so i could no longer text any telus phones. So to all my firends it just looked like i wasnt texting them back...thanks. So i called telus and i got the RUDEST person ever. He told me to call virgin and basically yelled at me. Its like im the customer you work for me...

all in all ... i have now completely boycoted telus and anything to do with time
worst customer service of my life
N  8th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I left Telus a month ago, went to Virgin (who are awesome by the way), and the same thing happened to me. I could not text to Telus customers after porting my phone number. Virgin reps say this is an increasing problem and every person I text on Telus has to call individually to complain and get Telus to allow communications. They have been trying to get Telus to fix this, but as you can emagine, it's not happening... I called Telus myself and they played dumb and said, "well, you are no longer a customer, so we can't help you. Contact your service provider." I've contacted the Better Business Bureau and hope Jovana and everyone else who has had this problem to also file a complaint with the BBB. This is such poor taste and bad business ethic. Not sorry I left Telus, sorry I still have to deal with them.
N  5th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes

Telus Mobility / LG - Poor customer service
Newfoundland and Labrador

Hello,

My name is Melissa, I live in St. John's, Newfoundland. About a year and a half ago I purchased an LG Chocolate phone from Telus Mobility on a 3 year plan. Along with the phone I also purchased the Blue Tooth Headphones and accessories. I have to say that I loved the phone, It did everything that I wanted and worked perfect... At first.

About 10 months into using the phone it started to loose battery very quickly. I brought it into Telus and they told me to come back if I continued to have problems. SO the problems persisted, and actually got worse. It got to the point that If I were to make or receive just one phone call it would begin to go dead, not matter how long I've had it charging for. I then brought it into Telus again, and by this time my "1 year warranty" was over, They fooled around with it to make it better and once again said if I had any problems bring it in again. By this time I was sick of bringing it in so I just dealt with it. I kept the phone plugged in when I was home (as it was my only phone, I didn't have a home phone) and I just hoped that If anything happened while I was out that the phone would last long enough to call someone. Then one night I went to plug in my phone and it didn't work, not one bit. The phone was completely useless because it wouldn't charge. For the third time I had to bring it into Telus (If they had to fix it the first time when I still had my warranty it would have been fine) the man checked it with another charger and found it was the phone that was broken, not the charger. The only options I was given were to send it away to LG and pay for it out of my own pocket, buy a battery (which may not have worked anyway) or buy a new phone at full price.

As I have been a loyal customer of Telus for the last 6 years or so I couldn't believe that because my 1 year warranty was over (even though I still had a year and a half left on my contract, and I DID bring the phone in before the one year warranty but was turned away) They could do next to nothing for me. I was basically told that it's not their problem, It's LG's.

I did have to phone the main headquarters and I was given a Samsung phone, for $50.00, that now cuts in and out, and has nothing that my other phone had. The headphones that I payed for are now useless, the phone I have now is nothing near the LG chocolate phone, It doesn't even have a camera!

I just find it ridiculous that I payed good money for that phone (even on a 3 year contract) and now there is nothing that can be done for me only to have to pay for a phone that is nothing compared to what I payed for in the beginning. I guess I assumed that if I was paying that much for a phone with a 3 year contract that the phone would actually work for 3 years!

This is very poor customer service on LG's part and Telus' part. Even though I like LG phones (when they work) and I like the pricing of Telus and the phone service (not customer service) I will not be bothering with either in the future, because why be a loyal customer if your not going to get loyalty back.
D  10th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I don't understand this "it's not Telus, it's the hardware they use" argument. It doesn't make any sense. Telus has some say in what hardware they get and what hardware they don't get. They have a dedicated team that decides which phones to introduce and they even have 'agreement terms' that stipulate certain criterion (i.e. screen size, wifi support or not, refurbished etcc..) and I have noticed lately that Telus has been in the refurbished business while not disclosing this fact to their customers. This is a poor choice of hardware and IT DOES NOT reflect positively on Telus mobility whatsoever. And that nonsense 'car' argument I heard.. is ridiculous. Filling up your car with bad gas has nothing to do with the problem that customers are voicing in this forum. The proper analogy would be 'ford deciding to use bad engines on their vehicles..' because Telus dicatates what phones they use.. not the customer. The customer assumes that the hardware is good and as this forum reflects.. it's very often not the case that the hardware is good. Also, it should not be hard to understand that 'even if you argue that the hardware and the service are two different things' then Telus must necessarily make this VERY CLEAR when they advertise their products. Fact of the matter is that they don't because it's much easier to deal with swapping crappy phones then to admit to thousands of subscribers that their networks are terrible. If they did the latter, you would have a huge class action suit, with a very easy cause for action.. and (crossing my fingers) a bankrupt company..for crook-like policies and services.
N  29th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
yeha Rogers required me $100 deposit for security and Telus wanted 1 thousand dollers sine 3 yrs now I am sick of it and I will never pay 1 thousand dollers and bell wanted $600 I said for get it.
A  28th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have an HTC Touch phone. I got it in September 2008, the first week has to be replaced for new one because it was not working. Since them on and of with Telus Data Technical Service because the phone would not receive emails, would not send emails, froze and all at the same time. Last December 2008 the phone stop sending and receiving emails, technical service worked for over a week without a solution after 5 or 6 calls and several hours every time on the phone doing this and that without results.
Lately the phone stop again sending and receiving emails after about 5 days technical service solved the problem yesterday night, or at least we thought so at that time, only to find out this morning that all my contacts and appointments had disappeared.
After calling technical service they actually said that it was my fault because I did not backed up the phone. They offer some credits toward changing the HTC for another data or Black Berry phone but I would have to pay between 150 and 250 depending on the model I choose. The other choice they gave me was to replace a phone for another HTC Touch (because mine was still in warranty). They said that if I want to do that just to go the Best Buy store where I initially bought my phone.
I went to Best Buy just to find out that they cannot change phones in warranty. They would sell me another phone but I have to pay for it. They forwarded me to a Telus authorized retailer where I was told that I can replace the phone but it would take a week and if I want to do it right away it would cost me CAD 50.00 for the urgency. Unbeliveble!!! even if they have the phone I have to wait a week for a replacement or pay to get it right away!!!
Something is extremely wrong at Telus.
I know that this sound funny but believe me it is not. I hope that somebody in Telus read this post and solve this problem right away.
A  13th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have two complains about Telus. First, their customer service representatives are incompetent and make too many mistakes. I've spoken to them on several occasions to add or change features my plan and on every occasion, they made numerous mistakes. Second, their long distance plan is way too expensive and complicated.

I'm in Ontario and pay $30 to have "unlimited long distance in Canada". A small print on the contract says this is tied to local airtime, so I need to pay $40 to get 100 local minutes. Effectively, my "unlimited long distance" time is limited to 100 minutes a month. This is false advertising and robbery since it effectively works out to be $0.70/minute.

I run a small business from home and only need the cell phone for long distance calls when I'm on the road (4-6 days a month). I have an IP phone at home which I pay $40/month for REAL unlimited long distance anywhere in Canada and the US.

Why can't Telus make a long distance plan as simple as the IP or even a home phone plan? Your long distance plan is flagrant highway robbery.

Unhappy Ontario Customer.
N  14th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes

Telusmobility - breach of contrack
telusmobility
Edmonton (1270)
Alberta
Canada

the disconneced my phone wanted money for using theweb browsing when it was free after four days the phone was reconnect i was miss lead and should be not heald on the three year contract but month to month and afree phone

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree