Telus Mobility / can't pay my bill cause I lost my job

1 British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

My husband and I both lost our jobs due to the economy and I called Telus Mobility to let them know that I had every intention of paying my bill but I couldn't do it until either one of us started to work again. Their response was to tell me that I needed to make a payment plan with them, which is ridiculous since I can't make a promise to pay them if I haven't got the money!! I tried to reduce my monthly service plan down from $100.00 a month but they won't allow me to do that until I sart paying down the bill, but how can I do that IF I DON'T HAVE A JOB?????? I have tried 5 times now to speak with them regarding this issue and I keep getting the same crap from them and I am so frustrated and upset, they just don't care and are not willing to do anything to remedy the situation. I have been a client of theirs for over 8 years and have spent thousands of dollars with them and this is the 'cutomer support' (and I use that term loosely) I get. What can I do? I can cancel 3 of my phones with them but not until I make payments. What do I do??

Hf

Comments

• Ho
      11th of Mar, 2009

Please check out my complaint about Telus, as everyone will see soon. That certain companies are not our "Friendly Gecko" that Telus promotes.

• Va
      14th of Mar, 2009

its a very tough situation but you would have to make some kind of payment arrangement, but you can definitely change your plan to a basic plan as long your not suspended already, they got the sweat deal plans going on for 17.50$, 200 min plus 6 pm nights and free VM so that comes to 17.50$ x 2 + SAF+ tax= 56.45$ for 2 lines. maybe get a line of credit from the bank and pay off the past due first if you have any and let them know you can make a certain payment every month.if you have good credit you can get a very good rate these days. its just like any other thing, for example if you don't pay your gas or hydro bill eventually they will suspend cut you off. imagine everyone called in and said they couldn't pay!!!.

hope this helps,