Telus / double billing

1 Box 132Joussard, Alberta, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 7807760005

In June 2007 I made a request to Telus to move my phone to a new residence within the same community. It took over three weeks and many phone calls to get this accomplished. Since that time I have been DOUBLE billed for the change over. In Nov I was assured by the individual at the call center that this would be rectified on the next bill. This went on for several months and each time I called the center and asked for a supervisor I was told that either they were not available or that the problem was corrected. As of March I stopped paying my bill and today they told me I had not made a payment since last Dec. 2007 and that I had to immediately pay $700.00 of the supposedly $1200.00.

I have never received the invoice of the original work order which this "bill" is based on even though I have made several requests for it.

Comments

• Id
      1st of Jun, 2009

It got a bill from Telus in the mail for long distance charges over $1200.00! I phoned them up and asked them why because I had been with Startec long distance. They stated that I had phoned them up in March and must have asked to be put on a bundle plan. I explained there was no way that could have happened because I phone the Middle East and Telus' best price per minute is .49 cents with is more than double what I pay at Startec.

The phone call I made in March was to have my deceased father's name taken off the bill and have my name put on instead. I had requested that change three times already - but it hadn't happened. Now the bill comes in my name...and with $1200.00 worth of long distance. We are still trying to rectify the situation. They tell me I will have to pay but they will give me the best rate they have. This is unacceptable, it was NOT my mistake and NEVER my request.

• La
      10th of Jun, 2013

I have had my home phone, Internet and tv with Telus for several years and not had any real problems until the past month. I moved at the beginning of May, waited 11 days and several cancelled appointments to have my services hooked up, and paid my usual bill right after. They did not acknowledge the payment, and set out a disconnection notice on the 21st. I was out of town and missed the notice, not unreasonably since I had already paid the bill. After getting back and finding my services suspended, I called and found out how much I owed (which was only the new bill, as I had already paid the bill for the delinquency of which my services were suspended). I paid the new amount immediately, so that the accounts department could report the payment and expedite the process of getting my services reconnected. The customer service agent said my services should be reconnected in 2-24 hours. Two days later, when I still had no services, I called to see what was going on, and they told me that they had no record of any payment. They also said that I still owed them the $220+ I had just paid, plus another $470 some from next months bill, which had just come out. They couldn't tell me why my bill was more than twice the regular amount, because apparently 7 days isn't long enough for customer service to see a breakdown of my charges. I eventually managed to login, and found that on my last bill, I was charged for May 4- June 3 (which I already paid). My current bill has charges from June 4 - July 3, and also from May 11 - June 3 (May 11 being the date my phone was actually hooked up. So despite having a phone during the pay period only from May 11 - June 3, I was charged once for the serviceless period of May 1-10, and TWICE for the 11 to the 3rd. Good job, Telus. I will calculate what I actually owe them and pay that gladly, but I am not paying for the extra month. We will see what happens.