Telus / crooks

1 Canada Review updated:

I would like to tell people not to do business with Telus, they have got to be one of the worse phone provider companies I have ever dealt with. They deceive you about thier products and services, they lie to you about your contracts whether you have one or not. They charge you outrageous fees on different calling features after lying to you about how wonderful it would be for you to switch to them. If you supposedly owe them money and you don't pay it, they will send your "file" to 3 to 4 different collection agencies and harrass you 4-5 times daily. Another thing they are doing to generate income is by creating different telemarketing companies from within thier own company, then they will call you and try to sell you something else, another 3 calls a day and eat up your air time. This company are a bunch of crooks. Do not do business with them and don't fall for thier commericals or thier manipulative talk.

A concerned consumer

Cy

Comments

• Th
      9th of Nov, 2012

Vote with your feet!
    CA push you around if they sniff you don't know your rights. So before you engage them to make any arrangement Google these and become an informed consumer.
    1-what to do when you are contacted by a collections agency.
    2-your rights under federal laws FDCPA and FCRA
    3-Validation of debt (VOD), cease and desist (C&D), CMRRR
    4-Your state's Statute of Limitations (SOL) on debt.
    5-post your questions at debtorboards dot com if things get thick

• Kl
      3rd of Oct, 2013

these guys are completely phony. The irony is that Darren Entwhistle has received a host of awards for Telus, many for cor[porate sustainability-type qualities which in my view are completely manipulable and meaningless for SERVICE MONOPOLY organizations.:economic factors which delight and impress investors drive their Clients to drink and gnash our teeth as we wait, not patiently but inevitably, while Telus call handlers with multiple ethnic accents assure us all is well, they ARE experiencing higher than usual call volumes whenever we call because of no access, etc, the new system will be up and fully functional in max 6 weeks they got an EMAIL from headoffice telling them so, etc etc etc. I have spent over 100 hours since January chatting to at least 30 different staffers on the chat lines. None of them below 3rd level tech solutions (which they are not allowed to admit they know exists, IF they even do) have the authority to fix their wonky accounts nor to tell us how and why they are wonky. Mr Entwhistle's Telus awards are from organizations like the Fraser Institute, UofA Business School, etc. A particularly funny one is an award for employee diversity- I think this one was the result of cheap outsource labour with minimal "serve it right" politeness training and no technology background or inhouse training to answer all those chat lines. I'm just guessing at this by the accents and the quality of the information that most of them have (there are a few exceptions which to me prove the general rule). So how does Telus stock keep rising when their service has us poor clients popping Peptobismol and cursing? Well, I guess the company spends its time and money on Investor Relations as a priority and customer relations as a frill, and turns its staff burden to keep an unsustainable accounts and web system into an advantage for diversity hiring. All those are guesses based on my long forced research into Telus' service. The thing they have going for them is a Government Monopoly, and a captive Canadian consumer public. BUT - one of last night's chatters was in the US, he admitted to me (not allowed to admit they are from anywhere so hope no trouble, R) - came up when I asked if HE used Telus as his home server, and he said no he is in the US and uses AOL -and in his view the American companies' client services are worse. What is wrong with this picture?

• Ha
      9th of Jan, 2014

I'm looking to initiate class action. please contact me

• Cy
      23rd of Jan, 2014

If you are going to initiate a class action, i would like to be in.

• Kl
      23rd of Jan, 2019

I'm in. I thought I was the only one who choked on my false teeth when Darren Entwhiste got that diversity award for all those impotent Judy-Dent trained outsourced client service servers from various outsourcey countries (I have to admit enjoying learning their names tho, the variety of names I never heard before is amazing, maybe a special recruitment gimmick to cop that Employee Diversity award). Recently I had occasion to calculate the amount of money I have spent on Telus Mobility in the last 20 years - at 300/mo for my "family plan" (2 of us) comes to well over $60, 000. If only I had bought their monopoly stock and used a 7-11 phonecard instead of buying the CRTC promises to curb their enthusiasm, I would own a house today! And be a lot healthier for having stayed off my cell.