Telkom / ripoff
I had a buisness in Durban and the business was closed in 2002. I cancelled the landline at Telkom and paid everything that was outstanding. I never had a telkom land line again for the last 14 years. Now that I want to apply for a ADSL line suddenly this statement pop up letting me know I owe Telkom amount of R1873.36 invoice date Nov 2002. I phoned Telkom and they confirm this account is cancelled but I still need to pay before I can get a ADSL line.
I did not receive any invoices or letters from Telkom why must I pay now after 14 years?
This is beyond me,
More Telkom Complaints & Reviews
- Telkom SA - accounts department 
- Telkom - service not just serious it is ridiculous! 
- Telkom SA - slow adsl connection 
- Telkom/ Adsl Line - service and fault non-repairs 
- Telkom Mobile - fraud/identity theft 
- Telkom SA SOC - landline not activated after 12 phone calls
- Telkom SA SOC - telkom line faulty in over a year
- Telkom SA SOC - impossible to cancel
- Telkom SA SOC - wrong billing for no data.
- Telkom SA SOC - billings and inactive internet / wifi line since feb 2018