Teleflora / horrible service

Moore, OK, United States Review updated:

I ordered the flowers online on a saturday. I chose teleflora because they said they could do sunday delivery if ordered by I think it was noon on sunday, so I was way ahead of that deadline. Their flowers were more expensive, but I chose them because they offered sunday delivery, and sunday would have been the birthday of my late FIL. Flowers were for my newly widowed MIL. They called me Sunday before noon to tell me the flowers wouldn't go out that day, and that I needed to call them for an alternate delivery date. I called the number, and their customer service was closed on sunday (which they did NOT mention in the voice mail they left me). So I called them early monday, told them how very unhappy I was since I had chosen them specifically for sunday delivery, and said to get it delivered today. They offered me a measly $10 upgrade. I asked what the reason was that it wasn't delivered, and she told me that it got passed around between a couple of florist shops, and by the time it got to a shop that would do it, they would no longer do it that day. So the fault was your system. Then they called later Monday and said they couldn't deliver them AGAIN. I asked what the reason (excuse) was, and she said that the florist delivery trucks had already left for the day. I had called WELL before 2 pm, and their website says order by 2pm for same-day delivery, not to mention my order had been placed 3 days earlier, and my call had simply been to tell them to reschedule the delivery. When I pointed this out, she said, "That's what our website says, but the florists don't honor it." !! The flowers finally got delivered on Tuesday. I believe this is the worst service I've ever gotten from a national company.

Comments

• Se
      Apr 05, 2011

This seems to be a problem with Teleflora, one of the reasons our flower shop is no longer in the network. I would imagine if you called the shop and had them pull your ticket you would find that only about 80% of the funds were received by that florist. May be why it was so difficult to get the order filled by the local florist, they did not receive enough to fill the order to value. We now recommend that our customers, looking to send flowers out of town, find a local florist in that area. When talking to a shop direct you will see when they can delivery, they will tell you what is fresh in stock, and get more arrangement for your money.

• Mo
      May 09, 2011

I ordered a boquet of flowers for my MIL on a Tuesday, for Thursday delivery, didn't get an email until Saturday saying they couldn't deliver the flowers, to call or reply to the email! Ridiculous service and it was a $60 boquet of flowers! To top it all off the year before I had ordered flowers for the same MIL for her birthday and they were delivered two days late as well. I will never order from Teleflora again. They simply are not reliable.

• Ji
      Dec 08, 2011

Teleflora canceled Mom's flowers by e-mail too late to order more. No response to complaints. Horrible service.