Telebrands / SCAM

I saw the cute commercial on TV for Crazy Critters and also the price showed buy 2 for $10.00 and pay $6.99 for shipping. Went to their website and they get you on the very 1st page by taking your credit card information and billing information. You are tricked right here as they place your order before you have a chance to proceed and see your order total and shipping charges. The box on the next page automatically places an order for 2 of these items unless you happen to change it which there is really no explanation of what you are ordering. Anyway, it asks you to add on additional items as you are trying to get to the "CHECKOUT PAGE" AND SUBMIT YOUR ORDER LIKE SCRUPULOUS COMPANIES DO. Once I saw the outrageous shipping charge of $30.00 + I exited out of the page. Unfortunately, I went back in a second time to try and see how to buy these things at the cost advertised on TV and changed the order total this time to 1 item and saw a shipping charge of $23.98 for this and once again exited out and never completed my order, SO I THOUGHT! The next business day, I have 2 charges on my credit card from Telebrands and when I called them they said there was nothing they could do as they already shipped the orders and all I could get back by returning them would be the price MINUS SHIPPING. That amounts to $30.00 of the TOTAL $85.00 processed on my credit card. BUYER BEWARE, DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY ON-LINE AND DO NOT PROVIDE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION ON THE 1ST PAGE OR YOU WILL BE CHARGED AND YOU ARE STUCK WITH THE CONSEQUENCES!

Comments

31st of Mar, 2011

I made the mistake of ordering a Ped Egg from the Telebrands website. Somewhere in the purchase process, there was an offer for a pair of silver and garnet earrings for the "shipping and handling" price of $6.99. I don't remember agreeing to it, but several weeks later, I received a package with silver and garnet earrings and a silver and garnet pendant. Telebrands charaged my credit card $39.00 for the pendant that I did not order, plus $13.98 for the "shipping and handling" for each item. I sent it all back after speaking to Telebrands on the phone. They claimed that I agreed to get addtional and future jewelry shipments, which I did not. Now they refunded the $39.99 for the pendant, but kept the $13.98 for shipping and handling. So, I am out that money and have not earrings. They are crooks, so don't buy anything from Telebrands online, or they will illegally charge your credit card for items that you did not buy.

2nd of May, 2011

We wanted 10.99 black one and then we get i free one i placed the order then it didnt tell me the price until the end which was $113 Do Not Buy anything from tele brands!!! we are ver pissed with this offer it is a huge scam do not buy from this! they will double the price! i am very pissed!

• Ab
      17th of Jun, 2011

The same thing happened to me too! When I called their customer service I was told that as soon as they have your credit card info the order is placed automatically. I did a 'refused delivery' on the packages and am still waiting for my refund. I will NEVER go on one of their sites ever again and I will discourage anyone from buying a Telebrand product! The way they place orders without confirmation is totally unfair to the customer...

• Ji
      7th of Apr, 2014

I ordered the Hurricane Spin Mop from Tele Brand and used my debit card. The same day I received conformation that the my card was charged and the mop was being shipped three charges unauthorized charges were made on my card. They were all made in the area of California where the mop was shipped from. I tried to contact Tele Brands about this but they refuse to acknowledge someone in their company is a thief. All I could do was file a complaint with my Attorney Generals Office and hope they deal with it. I am sure I am not the only person who had their information stolen.