Tata Sky / Pathetic after sales service - worst installation experience

1 India Review updated:

There cannot be worst after sales and service than Tata Sky. After several e mail there has been no reply from Tata Sky. They are least bothered about the customer. They have gone into the groove of
monopoly feeling.

I have purchased two Tata Sky connection and without my knowledge they installed one switch. They have charged Rs. 500/- for the switch. Before making the connection active we were not even informed about the switch and after installation they asked for Rs.500/- for the switch. There is nothing mentioned about the switch on their website. While taking the order also they conveniently do not mention anything about the switch. I am still not aware about the criteria for which one has to get the swtich installed. There is absolutely no transparency.

They have mentioned about refer a scheme to friend. I got the web coupon no. At the time of taking the order Tata Sky informed me that I have to give the web coupon no. to the person who delivers the set. At the time of delivery I informed him the web coupon no. then he said that it is to be given to the person who installs it. At the time of installation the person was total arrogant and not bothered about the web coupons. They are luring the customer with scheme but does not want to pay the money.

The experience at the time of installation is so bad that you get the feeling who is the customer- me or Tata Sky? We get the feeling as if they are doing some obligation on us by installing the set top box.

You send 15~20 e mails without getting any reply from them. They do not have courtsey to atleast acknowlede the receipt of e mail.

When we call the customer support all the time new person attends. We need to explain all our problem. Next time the same person refuses to take the call by giving some excuses and we land up talking to some new person.

One of set top box stopped working within three days from installation. It took more than 3 hours for Tata Sky engineers to set the same right and during the process my telephone cables were damaged.

Please do not go for Tata Sky or else you yourself shall repent.

Thanks

Paresh Patel

Comments

Lo
  19th of Nov, 2007

That was really unprofessional approach by Tata sky. all they want is money from customers pocket and hard earned money, their website told no hidden cost... now what that Rs.500 (isn't it a hidden cost). apart from this they increase prices every day by making new gold packages forced user to go for that if you want to see that channels... example Neo sports.

Ar
  3rd of Jun, 2008

Trying to reach tata sky for the past 4 days for service. No one is answering .I may through the antenna and reciever to garbage soon

Go
  14th of Apr, 2009

After having used tata sky for nearly 2 years now i am happy with the kind of professionalism they have show when it comes to dealing with complaints and queries..