Tata Skyfaults & problems

D

After a lot of Salesmanship & persuasions from your Marketing guys, I finally decided to invest in 3 Tata Sky Connections. That time your staff told me that my life would change after that. We then bought the 3 Connections & our Lives turned to WORSE after that due to several Faults & Problems in your systems.

First of all let me tell you what I was PROMISED:

1) World Class Sat TV Service
2) 24 Hrs Help Available
3) My Life will become Jhinga Lala
4) All my Cable TV Problems (3Connections) be over.
5) 24 Hrs Clear Digital Reception- NO DISRUPTION, Guaranteed.

We were quite impressed with the Promises & we disconnected our 3 Cable Connections & invested in 3 Tata Sky Connections. But alas from the very

Second Day The TRAUMA & TENSIONS started as Follows:

1) The Installer did not fix the Dish/Antenna on our Roof Properly, so the Pictures started distorting. We called your Help Line, but they could not sort the Problem on Phone, so we had to wait till next day for your mechanic to come & rectify the fault. So 24 Hours without Tata Sky.

2) Whenever there is a Medium breeze blowing or even a slight drizzle or the start of Rain, all the Channels start getting distorted. Again we call up your help line several times for this peculiar problem, but they could not help. They kept on telling us to check the Signal Strength, take out the Digi Card & put it back again after switching off the TV for a few minutes, etc. Oooofh! What a waste of Time & Energy! Two of your Executives even accepted that this Problem is there in Tata Sky that whenever the Rain Starts or a strong Breeze starts, the TV Pictures get distorted. Shocking isn't it?

3) The WORST is yet to come. Continuously All thru 24 Hours some kind of Coded Labels/Stickers keep appearing on the Screen of all our TV's. Some of the Labels are: [protected], 000CC966, [protected], 000.508.5179-9, [protected], etc.

These Labels/Stickers keep appearing at all crucial places on the Screen, sometimes blocking an important part of the Screen. Eg: (a) A question is asked by the Quiz Master and as soon as the answer appears on the screen, the Label blocks a part of the answer for No Rhyme or Reason. (b) A beautiful Lady/actress is dancing in one of the Channel programmes, suddenly one of the Labels appear on her face or Chest, spoiling the scene for the Viewers. It's really disgusting at Times, when you are watching Intensely. On Calling up your Help line they showed their inability to rectify this, as it was Signal Testing/Piracy test going on & it comes from Chennai. Sir, why so many different kinds of Labels, so many times- virtually thru the day & night to Test your Signals etc? And why are these Labels coming in or around the Centre of the Screen?? If you want to check your signal or piracy etc-then do it on the 4 corners of the Screen & not in the Centre areas PLEASE.

4) My old Mother aged about 80 years is so much fed up with these problems that she has removed the Sky TV cable & restored her old Cable TV connection. She could not cope up with your so-called Modern Technology hazards creating Depression & Anxiety faced during Prime Time Viewing. She has asked me to convey to you that you should inform your Customers of these Shortcomings before they take your Connections -IF ONE WANTS TATA SKY CONNECTION THEN HE SHOULD NOT ALLOW RAIN OR STRONG BREEZE TO COME NEAR HIS/HER HOUSE, HE SHOULD BE READY TO WAIT FOR 24 HOURS TILL HELP COMES TO RECTIFY THE DEFECTS, HE SHOULD ENJOY THE DIFFERENT LABELS & STICKERS APPEARING ON THE TV SCREEN AS A PART OF ENTERTAINMENT, HE SHOULD NOT DESERVE HIS FAVOURITE CHANNELS LIKE SAHARA SAMAY, ZOOM ETC. HE SHOULD ALSO HAVE A CABLE CONNECTION AS STAND BY EVERY TIME THE TATA SKY GIVES PROBLEMS & FINALLY, TATA SKY IS MEANT ONLY FOR YOUNG PEOPLE NOT OLDIES.

5) Though promised but you have yet not installed favorite Channels like- Zoom, Sahara Samay, CTVN, Taaza TV, etc which are very popular in this part of the Country-maybe not in Chennai. We are still waiting in the Sea of HOPE as promised by your Executives & agents.

6) Even Yesterday your Signals went off Three Times during the Day including at 12 Noon & 3 pm and restored after app 10-20 mts each time. In fact we rushed to our Mothers TV as she was watching her Cable connection, which was clear.

I am a heart patient suffering from severe cervical Spondilitis & I am really fed up on these Shortcomings of yours. So I approach you to take Immediate Action as follows:

A) Please Stop displaying your Signal Stickers/Labels anywhere on the Screen, except on the Corners.
B) Rectify the fault of Distortions due to Rain/ Strong Breeze problems.
C) Include the Favorite Channels like ZOOM, Sahara Samay, CTVN, Taaza TV etc. Failing which please disconnect my Tata Sky Connections & Refund me the Entire Money.

I had Full faith in all Tata Companies as I myself worked with them for 15 Long years, but today I am loosing Faith & Confidence in this new Venture – Tata Sky. I am sure Mr. Rattan Tata is not aware of these Shortcomings otherwise he would not have tolerated these Nuisances. There are many others who are facing these problems but they choose not to complain now, but they will surely do it later when they get fed up and then you will face the problem of eroding your Customer Base. You have a tough competition & you must provide Best of Services to retain your Market Share. Please do Respond with Corrective Action taken as I am interested in YOUR Prosperity & Image, being an ex TATA Employee. Some of the Complaint Nos are: 1-[protected].27/5, [protected], 1-[protected] etc. Surprisingly These Complaint Nos do not follow any Pattern & are not systematic. I AM IN COMPLETE TENSION AS SEVERAL COMPLAINTS TO THEM HAVE BROUGHT NO RELIEF NOR EVEN A REPLY... Deepak Bahl

Littu Moharana Oct 18, 2016

please help me to block my No. from receiving massage from tata sky

Dealer code: 342851, Balance to do for scheme :- 56. Happy selling
    I don't want any message from tata sky I have no link with that sky but it's keep sending me message and disturbing me very much. I am really fed up of it.

Littu Moharana Oct 18, 2016

tata sky is useless nonsence company, tata sky is sending me unnecessary unwanted message to me, I complain many time to tata sky customer car but everybody is refusing to help me.

Samir Kr. Bandyopadhyay Sep 24, 2016

Your customer service department is extremely poor. I am not getting any signal in any channel since last six months . In spite of lodgement of complaint in your customer service department but nobody pays heed to my complaint. I have been extremely hurt by the behaviour of the concerned person in the customer service dept.In my residence there are two connectivity lines of TATA SKY. My TATA SKY Id [protected] with my registered mob.no.[protected]. If such type of customer service continues i have no other option other than to surrender TATA SKY connectivity. Please treat it most urgently & also expedite the matter so as to resume the normal service.

• Nu
    Nuruddin Ruwala Aug 15, 2016

The satellite service is not available since last 12 days, complaint is registered and service person is just promising of visiting since last five days but not visited till now. Spoke to customer care executive but not received proper response. I also upset with the service provided. When I have called their [censor] call center so many time on no. [protected] but the put computer voice and no response at all and we have lost our money from mobile also and even not receive any signal our Set top box. They even not bothered to call me at least. I have also complained befor 6 day but no response at all. I have never seen this kind of ridiculous customer care. This is really bull s**t.

Our customer Id--[protected]
    Customer Name—Nuruddin ruwala

• As
    ashith2363 Aug 15, 2016

the satellite service is not available since last 12 days, complaint is registered and service person is just promising of visiting since last five days but not visited till now.spoke to customer care executive mr rajnesh today morning and mr sagar now. not received proper response. upset with the service provided
    our customer id--[protected].
    customer name--mr thyampanna shetty

lalitP Aug 15, 2016

You can address your complaint to tata sky’s official handle @tatasky. They will check the status of installation and immediately arrange for a dispatch. I once faced an issue where I paid for the package amount but my account was de-activated. I tweeted regarding this complaint and tata sky immediately responded to my tweet. All I had to do is submit my subscriber ID. The customer service team instantly gave a callback and my account was activated. I suggest you too should provide your subscriber ID either here or tweet regarding your issue with this complaint link. I am sure they will look into your matter and send a installer asap.

mail4sweta Aug 15, 2016

I relocated and had called tata sky for reinstallation clearly mentioning I have my settop box and dish. After following up multiple times, I finally had to call the engineer myself and beg him to come to my place and get it done. For 8 days I was without connection. Then I realised they had wrongly deducted 625/- from my account in lieu of a new kit for which I had never ordersed. Reinstallation charges are separately deducted so no confusion there. For last two days, I would have called them 10 times, spoket to their supervisors/managers, sent many mails to helpdesk... no resolution yet.

This is the worst service I have come across. The help desk motive is to be as unhelpful as they can be. I dont know whom to escalate this issue and am not sure if I will get my money back. I dont know why I am paying for the 8 days when I had no connection. and I dont know whom to complain as they are all dumbs parrots sitting there, with just a couple of learnt lines.. which they keep repeating - "We will forward your call" "Yon need to wait for 24 hours for a resolution"

Thoroughly disgiusted with them

Sub Id - [protected]

• Th
    THELMA COELHO Aug 15, 2016

VERY PATHETIC SERVICE...I HAVE REQUESTING TATA SKY TO COME TO CHECK THE SET TOP BOX AT MY RESIDENCE SINCE A WEEK. TO WHICH I HAVE RECEIVED CONSTANT MSGS SAYING AN ENGINEER WILL BE AT MY RESIDENCE SINCE A WEEK. RESCHEDULING OF VISIT HAS BEEN DONE ON THEIR OWN WITHOUT INTIMATION. HAVE ALSO PAYED ANNUAL PACKAGE AND ONLY AFTER THAT HAVE I STARTED EXPERIENCING THE PROBLEM HOWEVER FOR SOME IT MAY LOOK VERY LESS A WEEK BUT FOR ME I HAVE WASTED MY MOBILE MONEY AND HAVE PAID THE ANNUAL FEES... THAT DOES NOT COME FREE AS HAVE EARNED FOR THAT...TODAY BEING THE NINTH DAY, THE STORY STILL GOES ON SAYING THE ENGINEER WILL NOW COME TOMORROW. IF TOMORROW COMES WITH TATA SKY!!

lalitP Aug 15, 2016

I think you should contact Tata Sky customer service. They are quiet prompt in their reply and will help you out. It is more effective way of getting your work done. You can write to them at [email protected] or call their helpline number at [protected]. The best part is it is available 24X7.

• Va
    varun Aug 15, 2016

Hmmm.. thats strange coz even i had availd for the same offer and it showed 12 months.. it was done without any hassles..

R Anand Aug 15, 2016

I have subscribed to Annual Jumbo pack and paid rs.3100/- on 11 Jun 2008.
    But now Tata Sky came up with dividing the channels from the same package
    and asking me to pay extra for sports package which is inhuman, not woth
    trusting - TATASKY. I completely oppsose anyone who tries to get tata
    sky. They are not worth it.

They have assured me of continuing the packages with no changes as we
    are under annual package but now they change words and people who called
    "customer care executive" does not respond well. They are not very well
    knowledged about their own company.

rajamohan Aug 15, 2016

Hi,
    I paid for a tatasky connection on 7th July 2010 and I was assured emphatically that delivery and installation would be completed within 24 hours. Later that day, when I was called by the Vizag office, we fixed an appointment for 9AM on the following day. However, nobody turned up. From 8th July 2010 onwards, I have been making several calls asking them to do the needful at the appointment time since I go to office later. Tatasky agreed to do the same and never told that they would not be able to do it at 9AM. Despite assurances, they still failed to deliver on service as on 10th July 2010. This left me pretty much disgruntled with their service and what would follow in the future even if they finally delivered on service.

Hence, to let them know how painful it is from the customer end, I gave them 2 options viz., offer additional packages that ensure that the customer is satisfied that they will do better in the future and they are good as their reputation or cancel the order completing the refund. To the first option, the packages they offered were very cheap that do not even make-up for the number of telephone calls I had to make to them. In those few days, I either made or received around 75 calls. So, I naturally refused. Therefore, I went for the 2nd option asking them to cancel and refund. They agreed and they said they would refund within 10 days. To this, I told them that I can't accept their timeline since the fault was not mine.

They are still making me do the merry go-around. Just thought I would paste my experience here for users considering TataSky. Please be very clear when you are going in for their services since brand name and actual service are two different things.

My account reference # is [protected] and service request # is 1-[protected]. This is for any TataSky bigshot representative to understand how their customer service is dipping day by day. Moreover, they are refusing me to connect with their managers and higher level management team giving me plenty of excuses.

• Vk
    V Kava Aug 15, 2016

Am a Tata Sky subscriber since last 2 years. Since i am a big fan of sports and with World cup on, with the tight office schedule am not able to catch up on all the matched and hence had ordered for Tata Sky Plus about 4 days back such that i can record them and replay and see them whenever i want. Had called up customer service for giving the order and was ensured that if i make immediate payment, i will get Tata Sky Plus hardware installed at my house within 24 hours. It has been 4 days since and the hardware has not yet been installed. Every day i have been calling their customer service and have been assured of the hardware being installed within the next 24 hours. Today i lost my temper and so decided to speak to a senior representative, who actually told me that there are no Tata Sky Plus machines available with the company and hence they are unable to install the same at my place. Am really suprised given that Tata Sky being such a reputed and renowned organization and they do not have enough hardwares on stock. Are they trying to tell that they do not have any backups in place. This is really pathetic and would suggest readers not to buy Tata Sky and fall in the same pit in which i am in and get yourself dissatisfied.

• Gi
    Gitanjali Aug 15, 2016

I subscribed for the Annual Package advertised by Tata Sky both on line and by their call center representatives. However my account was topped up only for 10 months... and not 12 as advertised. On registering a complaint we were told that after subscribing to it we were meant to call them up again to "INFORM" them that we have paid up for the Annual Package- since we didn't do that we cannot avail of the offer. We were not told any such thing by the customer care representative while inquiring about the package.

Do they think we are fools? I will take them to customer court for this. They are trying to dupe the customers by giving limited information. Can anyone suggest how to go abt this?

Rajiv Aug 15, 2016

Hi,

I have subscribed to Tata Sky. I find that they charge exorbitant prices for replacement of equipment parts. The battery cover of my remote had broken down (bad build quality, but that's a different issues). Tata Sky service representative says it costs 350/- Rs. to be changed. I don't know how high will the charges be when it comes to some real operative part. It may be because the parts are not available in local market that TATAs are charging so high. It's a kind of monopoly situation. You sell a million pices of equipment and then you keep the service within your company and charge unimaginably high rates for this service. Make more money in servicing than in selling or monthly subscriptions. My advice - Stick yo set-top boxes if you can.

• Fe
    fedelio Aug 15, 2016

The DTH infrastructure sucks in India.. The receivers should be like mobile, wherein we can use any service provider we want. We are in shackles of money launderers..

• Ve
    Venkat Aug 15, 2016

I recently purchased a new tata sky connection. Tata Sky has moved TEN sports to add on package since July 27th 08. I have been trying to contact tata sky helpline numbers since last 48 hours and might have tried at least 50 times. No one from helpdesk seems to bother about answering the call. Tatasky internet website is the most pathetic websites I ever seen. None of the features available on the website works. Can't even add on a packages via SMS.

My personal experience is one of the most pathetic customer services centers i ever experience in India. I would recommend not to go for Tata Sky and do not get bogged by advertisements

CAn anyone suggest me the process to compalin about tata sky's worst customer services in return of high payments they are charging from customer.? Is there any forum or governing body to escalate?

• Dr
    Dr. M. D. Maheshwari Aug 15, 2016

Despite paying for group channels, one of the channels i.e. COLORS is not appearing on my TV while rest of the channels of this group is always appearing on my TV.

MY ID No. : [protected]

sanjay sabran Aug 15, 2016

I WAST WHOLE DAY TO GET INSTALLED MY BOX, AND I TRIES TO MADE COMPLAIN ON THE PRODUCT COMPANY SITE, THE PAGE WAS NOT WORKING .
    WHO WILL PAY MY DAY COST LOST FOR POOR SERVICES MANAGEMENT,
    THEIR PEOPLE USE TO GIVE MISS CALL AND GET OPPORTUNITY TO EXCUSE .

• Vi
    vidya kr Aug 15, 2016

We had subscribed for 2 regional packa in tata sky and we have already paid the amount for 3 months.Now they have stopped all these channels and they are telling that they are doing an upgrade to hd.Only if we buy their hd set top box we will be able to view these channels.We feel totally cheated .Is nt this unfair that after we pay we get set top box and believe we will be able to view these channels and they have stopped all these channels one fine day .We called customer care but they have not even replied back .Please trake action against such total lack of ethics

lalitP Aug 15, 2016

Tata Sky has already added 19 Malayalam channels and will soon be adding many more regional channels. As of viewing these channels, you will have to upgrade to MPEG-4 STB. Tata Sky is upgrading the old MPEG-2 set top box for free. You may have to pay warranty charges, which again will help you in case you face any problem with your set top box.

• Vp
    vpmahajan Aug 15, 2016

1]even if my id and password is correct, I receive ERROR--ID OR PASSWORD INCORRECT
    2]In auto response, promise is given to solve the problem before certain time actually problem persists and call center associates do not give proper information
    3] IVRS does not work properly and customers face difficulties, we are on HOLD longer time and finally we have to cut the calls.
    4]Even manager is careless towards customers.

• Yt
    Ytteen Aug 15, 2016

Tata sky stopped the ten sports, espn, star sports etc. BBC BBC entertainment since midnight of 31st May. Their so called customer care department is never available to restart these channels.

Sandy Aug 15, 2016

This is very true...they have started looting us now...what the fu** is this new packages and all that ??

They don't even show Zee music, 9XMusic, B4U Music etc.
    One by one they are just removing chaneels and putting in diff packages.

Complete hypocrite and nonsesne.

• Vi
    vikas Aug 15, 2016

Bought tata sky in SEPTEMBER 2007 with the scheme of 6months free for Rs.4000. Thinking that all the channel will be available. After that Tatasky started reducing the no. of channels by putting them into packages like lifestyle silver life style gold, sports package etc. for this you have to pay more (appx. 40-50rs per package)This is making fool out of people. Buy reducing their price to Rs.260/ they have in fact increased the price. For example... If I opt for Super saver pack it would cost me Rs.260. without the channels which are in lifestyle silver and life style gold and sport gold pack. Now if I want to see all the channel I have to pay Rs.30 per package that make another 90Rs for all 3 packages so the total comes to RS260+90=350per month.And all the packages have some important channels like lifestyle silver has BBC in it. And what about the people who bought tatasky under diff. scheme. Like I bought it under 6months free. Tata sky is chor The suck. I am getting it removed Secondly there is a lag in tatasky. And also some stupid numbers keep on appearing right in the middle of the screen.

• Ji
    jimmyaka Aug 15, 2016

I bought tata sky a secondary and a primary connection. I am paying 400 monthly, now recently these suckers removed ten sports, espn, star sports etc... without telling about it. Through alert, they just ran a message sometimes on ten sports, but before removing, they should ask the consumer that they want to continue using the service they have to pay such amount and after that i tried on there customer f*cking care, i was ###ing waiting for there representative for 20 minutes, after that i disconnected! Beware all!

• Pa
    pardeep Aug 15, 2016

i have bought tata sky setup 5 days before now.
    the dealer installed it .
    but it is not working at all.
    it is showing nothing.
    local dealer says it will be done in few hours but he is saying so for many days.
    pleas help me.

• Vn
    vneelakantan Aug 15, 2016

i totally agree itoo spend time and energy to contact the help line butnouse worst service

• Ab
    A.B.Sharma Aug 15, 2016

We have offered gold pack for one month service during our annual pack of tata sky. After completion of 20 days we asked customer care to remove within its 30 days duration.The person on call forced us that it will be removed only after 30 days, but you shoul also contact after completion of 30 days. We again call on 30th day, he assured us that it will be removed next day. The next day no removal came, I again contacted on phone, the executive insisted me to continue it . I refused than he told me from next time you will not get this add on package. For all telephones I paid around Rs 50/ while the charge of package was Rs 45/ PM
    ABSharma

• Va
    Vasundra Aug 15, 2016

There must have been a misunderstanding. You definitely can have have a addon as and when you like and no executive can stop you on that..

• Ni
    Niitn Mar 26, 2015

Service is not proper because I have noted several there is a break down saying there is no signal. Whenever I try to contact on Toll free No. i find very dificult to contact Tata people & complaints are never ended to in time. Pls give me contact No. so that I can get my problem solved. My Mob [protected]

sudhakar dodla Mar 22, 2015

TATA SKY service is the worst, please provide help in fighting legally

suresh bhuvi Mar 17, 2015

Hi Tatasky,
    Last six days our Tatasky not at working, service technical people come also they satellite problems then customers say what, Tatasky not working, it is showing no signal... But it is not raining, what to do????
    My I'd is [protected]. But your ceo say in tweets in twitter send mail to us

• Jp
    jp_Manohar Nov 13, 2014

I had very very bad experience with Tatasky customer care (mail & call-center).no reply to my mails and no logical anwser to my issue.

With out my notice Tatasky adding additional channel to my package and every month asking to pay, it's completely harassment.

Demo package with out my approval add to my channel and charged 300 RS and kids channel charged 20.46
    So far no help or no resolution provided by Tatasky to my issue.
    I have decided that, i will post my above Complaints and harassment concern in the internet site.

HOPE SOMEONE WILL HELP ME -Manohar

Sundaresh BS Oct 06, 2014

When it rains, only some channels are coming, while rest say no signal received. earlier all channels used to stop. Any idea as to why this happens ?

• Sh
    shubham chaudhary Jul 29, 2014

tata sky not responding
    it is showing no signal...but it is not raining
    what to do???????????

Jayraj Lokhande May 27, 2014

Service request reference number 1-[protected]
    TATA sky ID [protected]
    This is such ridiculous thing...i m using TATA Sky services from 3-4 years for annual pack and never have not faced this issue . I did recharge of Rs. 6400/- in Sept-2013 for renewal of my annual mega pack. I have received confirmation call from tata sky that my annual pack is active. Also on my tv screen it was shown dat my package expiry date will be in sept 2014. Then on whose consent TATA Sky have activated monthly scheme???? I made complaint regarding this nd it was told to me that annual pack has been activated...there was confirmation call from TATA sky's office in bangalore as well Mahalakshmi...
    Though i got confirmation from tata sky for successful renewal of annual pack, pls show me where is it written to call back for renewal. Dont make me go to consumer forum or any other authority. Request your help to Get my annual pack renewed or else i will have to launch FIR against TATA sky company for such kind of harassment. I am getting reminders to pay before 30-05-2014 for continuation of services. I am not going to pay any extra amount because of TATA sky's ### rules and confusion at TATA sky...
    Pls help me to resolve the Issue.
    Regards
    Jayraj Lokhande
    Mobile - [protected]

• Kb
    K B D Prasad Rao Apr 20, 2014

Dear Tata sky Peace of mind TV is favorite channel for Brahma kumaris who are more than 700000 in our country multiply 4 or 5 at least to assess their family members to loose such big number is not wise so i request you to introduce Peace of Mind channel in your net work .so many individual and families can benefited and great positive change can brought in their lives and society and your contribution in such a change is remarkably appreciated so I request you again to review your policy of your net work thanking you sir K B D Prasad Rao Banaguluru

• As
    asp2013 Nov 12, 2013

I faced service outage from tata sky. I lodged a complaint and they scheduled service appointment. The engineer didn't turn up on that date/time. I reconnected with the tata sky helpline and they apologized and provided another appointment. The same story repeated for this appointment. Without loosing hope in a brand like tata, I called/chatted with help desk. The help desk personnel apologize and promise quick resolution. Now it has been 5 days without service and I have lost any faith in tata sky brand. This has been by far the worst service experience I have had. Moreover I topped up my account just 2 wèeks back and am locked in for some time with poor service of tata sky.