Tata Motors / service and quality of product
I have a tata telcoline. after 123, 000km the engine dropped a sleeve and the head cracked. upon askeing tata what to do, they offered me a new engine for r28, 000!!! I got an enging from a guy who rolled his vehicle. the engine and fitment cost r24, 000. this engine had just over 60, 000km. after another 65, 000 odkms, this engine suffered the same problem. tata would not assist, as this vehicle is not under warrantee anmore, and I did not service it at a tata agent, nevermind the fact that it was serviced, only for about half the price the agents charge for the exact same service. repairs on this vehicle haswill have cost me in access of r79, 000 over 3 years. that is 60, 07% of the vehicle's purchase price. tata would not offer any assistance, and their hands are clean of any blame. a friend of mine suffered the same problem after 73, 000km on a telcoline. another friend, who owned a tata 8 ton truck, experienced problems with the vehicle from the start, and was told the damage suffered was normal wear & tare, eventhough its unheard of of ball joint giving in after 18, 000km.
Their response was poor to requests for assistance - pretty much the same as they products & service.
More Tata Motors Complaints & Reviews
- Tata Motors - poor service and arrogant staff 
- Tata Motors - power steering pump failure 
- Tata Motors - customer service 
- Tata Motors - tafe reach ltd 
- Tata Motors - tata super ace vehicle faulty vehicle and no help from the dealership 
- Tata Motors - tata sa customer care ignored my complaints
- Tata Motors - dissatisfying service 
- Tata Motors - bad engne performance
- Tata Motors - terrible service 
- Tata Motors - faulty vehicle - tata zest