Target Superstore / target hits a new low in customer service

1 Jacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:

I bought a $40 space heater from Target. I only noticed when I got it home that was damaged, there were parts ratting around inside. I didn't even open the box. A few days later I took it back for an exchange. I could not find my receipt.

They would not exchange it for me since I didn't have my receipt and I had paid cash. I only wanted a new one! Also, it's like I'm being penalized for paying with US currency instead of credit.

The store manager said that they could not override the computer, and unless I find the receipt I'm on my own. He said I should fill out the warranty card on the heater and contact the manufacturer. Riiiight.

I spend at least $200 a week at Target. Correction...I USED to spend $200 a week at Target. There are many other retailer choices within the area(Walmart, Publix, Winn Dixie).

Target has now lost all my business over a stupid $40 heater.

Va

Comments

• Br
      12th of Jul, 2009
    Target Superstore - Not in stock
    Target Superstore
    Norman
    Oklahoma

Never has enough baby high-chr's, playpen's, stroller's, baby book's in stock! Target in Norman also has a high chair on display that has been recalled as of 7/11/09...

• Li
      25th of Aug, 2009

The policy is in place because people like to steal stuff and then return it for money when they never even paid for it. I've seen people buy stuff for cheaper at Ross and then try to return it at Target.

• Ga
      27th of Aug, 2009

you could also take merchandise from inside the store and just bring it to the service desk for cash

get your act together and stop losing your receipts

• So
      9th of Mar, 2010

TOUGH LUCK.

You didn't have a receipt, so it isn't Target's problem. Why don't you grow up and learn something about responsibility. Don't expect Target to hold your hand and give you cash from right under their ###. This is business, so stop whining.