Target / unfair return policy!
DO NOT open registry at targets, unless you know that all your guests are perfect at keeping their receipts, including gift receipts and making sure that they or the store clerk has removed it from the registry! You can’t be responsible for all your guests and the store clerk following through and w/o that receipt targets will make it impossible to return your duplicate items.
Daughter opened her registry in Jan. and wedding was aug 10, they did not allow items over $20 to be returned even when purchased off the registry. we also had the problem of them not being removed, this makes me think part of the blame for not removing items from the registry is the fault of target, as they scan the paper and sometimes it doesn't scan properly. They refused to give us store credit. 3 Blenders (only sold at targets!) they are $29.99- $9.99 over their $20 limit. Is is my daughter's fault that targets did not remove it or that her guest may have forgotten to have it removed??? Does that mean we should inform all our guests that they must attach a targets receipt. As far as paying attention to their registry??? How were we to know if any one had purchased it???, so we could remove it? Anyways, store mgr and corporate office said the same out of luck!
This is there email response to me from the corporate office: “If you don't have a receipt, we still have a few options for you:
- Your local store will accommodate two no receipt returns a year for you on small gifts under $20.
- We have the ability to look up a receipt's information for the gift giver, so they can make a return on most purchases, provided they purchased your item with a check, Target GiftCard, credit or debit card within the past 90 days.
- If the gift giver still has the original receipt for the item, they have the ability to reprint a gift receipt at the Guest Service desk next time they visit Target.” “I'm sorry if you feel our last e-mail reply wasn't satisfactory, but we aren't able to further assist you with your return. “
More Target Complaints & Reviews
- Target Corporation - debit card scam 
- Target Corporation - lack of human resources training 
- Target - employee treatment 
- Target - employee abuse 
- Target / Intex Pool - poor after sales service! 
- Target - security/store manager
- Target Brands - false advertising
- Target Brands - target home brand plates
- Target.com - online service and customer service
- Target Brands - the entire longmont store