Target / do not honor return warranty

Purchased new Tru tech flat lcd tv from target. Was purchased after Thansgiving for a Christmas present and remained there until then. Work a few weeks and the screen looked as if it was a digital storm. I took back to Target with a receipt. I was informed the warranty had expired !!! Regardless they would not accept, I went to BBB and no help. So i no longer shop at Target.Tell everyone not to buy from Target.

Comments

• Dr
      20th of Jan, 2009

I believe that Target has a 90 exchange policy with a receipt that has nothing to do with the product manufacturer's warranty. I also believe that the Trutech brand is their cheapy in-store brand as well. Hopefully you still have your manual and you've registered your product with the manufacturer so that you may get your repairs. Whenever I shop at Target, I'm always annoyed at how many times they have to repeat their return policy on the receipt. Let's keep complaints legit so that we can all help each other. Venting frustration over not knowing how to go about getting a repair to a manufacturing flaw is not legit is not helping anyone.