Taco Bell / food quality

Store # 023702, Brunswick, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: Hwy. 341

Emailed this to the Taco Bell Customer Service Department today:

Issue #1: rice in a a Beef Fiesta Taco Salad is nasty; I usually remember to request "no rice" but today I forgot. It appears that rice is cheaper right now than lettuce, because there was a bunch of rice, and not even a handful of lettuce.

Issue #2: The tortilla shell/bowl is obviously smaller, both in diameter and in depth. Ergo, less meal in the bowl. I guess this store hasn't run out of the big clamshell to-go boxes yet. This poor little salad floated all over the place in its plastic swimming pool. In addition to going to the smaller clamshells so we poor customers are fooled into thinking nothing has changed, how about going a little green? Maybe a carboard to-go box that fits the product, instead of the extra 2 inches of plastic that towers over the poor salad?

Issue #3: The little red tortilla strips used to be provided in a separate container; now the salad comes with a few of the strips sprinkled on the salad, whether the customer wants them or not. I happen to like them; however, by delivering the salad with the strips already on it, you accomplish 2 things; you get to cut back on the amount & save a fraction of a penny, but they are soggy after sitting on the salad for a few minutes.

Issue #4: The amount of guacamole received in a portion control cup has (sadly) always varied by the time of the day, the employee assigned to the task, and the attitude of said employee, but the price gouge was always a quarter; today, I got an estimated tablespoon of guacamole, but the price has risen to 30 cents.

In our current economy, do you think it's wise to drive away your current customer base by lowering quality & raising prices? I've been eating at your chain of restaurants in several different states over the past 30 years. I have a restaurant within walking distance of my office now, and had a habit of eating there a couple of times a week, sometimes with my son (he always orders twice what I do). I have grown less satisfied over the past year, and find that I now eat there maybe once a month. Did you really mean for that to happen? Did you really think that your regular customers wouldn't notice?

*******Doubtful I'll get an answer to this, but it was nice to vent just the same.*****

Comments

• Ha
      19th of Feb, 2008

I've been ordering food from this Taco Bell for 30 years and the first 2 or 3 managers put out delicious food. The past 3 or 4 managers put out garbage. I give up and will switch to Del Taco. Is there no quality control in the Taco Bell System????

• Bi
      7th of Mar, 2008

You must be getting VERY FAT eating at Taco Bell so often. I would be too embarassed to admit that I've been eating there so long.

• Al
      9th of Jun, 2008

I purchased two Taco Salada via the drive thru. After returning home we tried to eat them and the flower torilla shells were rancit. This is the second time that this has happend from this "new" location. We frequently eat at the Taco Bell in Brewer, Maine and have never had any complaint of any nature. There is something definitely wrong at this location. When I returned the food for a refund, the manager seemed totally disinterested in the problem. Here is your money, see Ya. No appology. We will never ever frequent this location again.

• Bi
      16th of Jun, 2008

I wouldn't feed Taco Bell "food" to my dog.

• Je
      21st of Feb, 2010

Being a store manager at Taco Bell, I understand many peoples frustration. Taco salads have changed to a smaller tortilla/ bowl. We do put the red strips on the salad, and 3 oz of lettuce now compared to 5 before. Please understand everyone, that we do NOT make the rules. We only go by what we are told to do! I dont agree with many things they have us do. Now, they have changed the kids meal to have only one taco instead of two. Prices are not going up. Only on a few items. Also, when making tacos, or anything for that matter, we weigh and portion everything. meat is only 1.5 oz, everytime and for everyone. People always like to complain, but they never want to have solutions for anything. So my suggestion before you yell, try working at Taco Bell or any fast food restaurant and see that it is not as easy as it may look. When youre sitting at your desk job, were actually WORKING.

• La
      10th of Jun, 2012

I just ordered a Taco Salad and was shocked to find RICE in it. It was a big huge MESS. The beans tasted horrible too. It had been a while since I had given Taco Bell another chance, as I had been dissapointed many times in the past. They used to be the GO TO place to eat. It USED to be good. Well, they are permantely chalked off my list as a fast food place to eat. I sure don't see the volume of customers anymore. Some nitwit CEO has made too many changes and they are putting themselves out of business. So Sad, I used to go there first when I wanted a good fast meal. Wake up dimwits at Taco Bell!