T-Mobile / Asurion / deductable fees
I upgraded my cell phone from a Razr to a T-Mobile Dash this pass September and yesterday it was stolen. I called up T-Mobile for support and was informed that I have to pay an insruance deductable fee of $130.00. When I purchased the phone from the T-Mobile website, it was on sale. It was $150.00 with a $50 mail in rebate. With that also, I was told that my contract will be extented for 2 more years. I pay a monthly fee of $129.00/month family package. I have 3 lines, 700 minutes/month, mobile to mobile, nights & weekends with unlimited text. I have been with T-Mobile since 2005 and have had their "protection plan" ever since and the first time I get to use the "protection plan" I am asked to pay for a deductable fee of $130.00. Does this sound right to anybody? An insurance costing more than the phone itself? T-Mobile told me that I was actually getting a good deal for the phone and that the deductable is pretty resaonable. Now lets all do the math, $150.00- $50.00 ( rebate)= $100.00 but to replace the phone through their 3rd party insurance provider, I have to pay $130.00 deductable. I asked for other alternatives and T-Mobile told me to do a "partial upgrade" and will have to pay $229.00 for another T-Mobile Dash. Either way, I will be forking out more money than I spent on the phone. So now I am stuck with a 2-year contract and no phone. Seriously! ? $130.00 deductable?!
More T-Mobile / Asurion Complaints & Reviews
- Vesta T-Mobile - unauthorized credit card charges 
- T-Mobile - t-mobile lies and cannot be trusted! 
- T-Mobile - fraud customer service and policy! 
- T-Mobile - poor assistance from the president's office 
- T-Mobile / Lvr Pcs Svc - t-mobile fraud charges 
- LG/T-Mobile - lg stylo 3 battery bl44e1f
- TMobile - annoying male voice in greeting. ordered item didn't arrive on promised day. awful hold music.
- T-Mobile USA - phone line
- T-Mobile USA - using my personal information 
- T-Mobile USA - fraud charges