Swatch / Don't Honor Warranty

1 Israel Review updated:

I bought a Swatch for my wife.

Problem #1: The band broke after about a month. Upon searching the Internet, I was surprised to find that Swatch is well known for providing flimsy bands on many of their watches and of course they don't cover the band in their warranty. I paid for a new band.

Problem #2: The watch lets water in. I returned it for repair since it was still under warranty. After a month, they returned the watch, saying it was my fault for scratching the glass. (There is a tiny almost invisible scratch on the glass AND by the way the watch claims to be "scratch-resistant")

Problem #3: I took the watch to a repairman. He told me that Swatches cannot be repaired because they are glued shut. He also told me that was why my watch was leaking because this is a poor way to water-proof a watch.

In short, Swatch makes pretty watches but they are flimsy and disposable and your typical 2 dollar watch will probably last you longer. If you think the extra money buys you good service, think again. SWATCH does not honor their warranty.

Wr

Comments

• Ck
      30th of Mar, 2017

My swatch only last almost 3 years ... :( 24months warranty is over and apparently, its not fixable?? i wasted my money on swatch! nice looking watches is nothing compared to other watches that lasts longer !!!

• Sh
      25th of Oct, 2017

Same with me. I bought my slim type Swatch and after exactly 2 years 6 months, my Swatch is not moving and I sent it to Swatch outlet to change the battery . However the SA told me that it is not due to the battery but the watch itself is the problem. The warranty is already over (2 years warranty) and they cannot do anything even to fix it.. What a waste!